PK for Jake?

9 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Simple answer is that he wants out of Winnipeg. Guaranteed they would want to keep him if they could. But he's signed several one-year deals trying to force his way out. He wants to play in the States. Winnipeg looking to move Trouba, in this particular case, is not a reason in and of itself to beware of getting him. From what I understand, at least part of it has to do with difficulties his fiancee is having with getting into med school in Canada as a non-citizen. But there are bits about his attitude that do make me wonder (ice time demands, etc).

I just seen Zaitsev asked for a trade out of Toronto (now just asking here) would now be the time to try and work out a package deal for say him and Johnsson or Kapanen maybe.

He has 5 years at 4.5 mill per left on his contract.

Or not just asking because that is a long time from now and would carry him to 32.

Just gauging or stay away and look elsewhere.

He didn't have a good playoffs and he came nowhere close to what he produced before he signed that extension.

Asking for a friend.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just seen Zaitsev asked for a trade out of Toronto (now just asking here) would now be the time to try and work out a package deal for say him and Johnsson or Kapanen maybe.

He has 5 years at 4.5 mill per left on his contract.

Or not just asking because that is a long time from now and would carry him to 32.

Just gauging or stay away and look elsewhere.

He didn't have a good playoffs and he came nowhere close to what he produced before he signed that extension.

Asking for a friend.

Short answer: NO.

Ever heard of Andrew MacDonald? Picture him but right-handed.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Short answer: NO.

Ever heard of Andrew MacDonald? Picture him but right-handed.

Yeah ok....then don't even make the call.

I have a feeling they are going to try to move one of those two forwards to a team and ask they take him as part of the deal.

Maybe Stralman is the best guy for the Flyers to help on a short deal.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Perreault maybe you could flip because I'm think Raffl might end up the 13th forward already.

So maybe ship him to a team who needs to get to the floor...I'm thinking Arizona maybe.

So it seems from what I have gathered that Trouba would be an upgrade and could slot into the top pair. I hope others are right and what it's going to cost to sign him to a new deal.

So...

Provorov - Trouba

Sanheim - Myers

Morin - Gudas

Hagg

Is that what will go down?

Potentially (your pairings).  You could still potentially see Hagg or even Gudas moved, I suppose, but that looks probably about right. 

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I think this post sums up my thoughts on it.    The highlights of what makes Trouba attractive to me vs. Ghost is the right-handed shot to pair with Provorov. This enable Sanheim to go back to his natural side on the 2nd pair.  And, frankly, while Ghost may or may not have more offensive ability (I'd argue he does), Trouba makes up  for it by actually playing defense.   Ghost couldn't defend his sister against an attack from a tree.

When he's on, I love watching Ghost skate, though.  When he was on, he was electric on the 3v3 in overtime.  You don't necessarily keep someone for that, but man, it was fun to watch.   

I'm just not sure I throw in an 11th OAP, though.  I mean, this is a team that is going to have some cap issues and is getting someone who, if turned around, could be very good for them (at least on offense).   LOL  Think about who Ghost could be out with on 3v3 or even on the point on the power play in Winnipeg.    So, I'm not sure the 11th isn't overkill unless there really is some kind of bidding war for Trouba--which is possible.  

I think I try to avoid including #11 in this, but I probably do it.

--

As an aside:   There is no way I'm involved in bidding for EK. Love the guy, but he is not what the Flyers need.   I'm not spending that kind of money and term on something I don't need that only necessitates other moves and makes signing what I actually do need more prohibitive.    It's a shiny.  It's Forsberg and VLC all over again (for the last half of it, anyway), and I have no interest.  The last 7-8 years of that deal will have this board hating the guy and praying for another compliance buyout-generating lockout.

If you get Trouba, you might not end up in OT quit so much ;)

If they want Gudas, Hagg and the 11th, HAVE AT IT!

Gudas, and the 11th?  DONE.

Hagg, Laughton/Hartman and the 11th. SURE.

If they're desperate for the 11th, it can be made to work.  I'm keeping Ghost if that's what they want more.  We don't really need it, but I think it's too high a price for what essentially amounts to a cap favor for the Jets.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If you get Trouba, you might not end up in OT quit so much ;)

If they want Gudas, Hagg and the 11th, HAVE AT IT!

Gudas, and the 11th?  DONE.

Hagg, Laughton/Hartman and the 11th. SURE.

If they're desperate for the 11th, it can be made to work.  I'm keeping Ghost if that's what they want more.  We don't really need it, but I think it's too high a price for what essentially amounts to a cap favor for the Jets.  

Yeah, I agree.  My concern is Fletcher, and the trade for Talbot straight up is why.  I'm just not sure he doesn't end up bidding against himself. 

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I agree.  My concern is Fletcher, and the trade for Talbot straight up is why.  I'm just not sure he doesn't end up bidding against himself. 

Waiting for a bad Fletch trade is like farting in brand new underwear...regrettable, yet inevitable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Right?  

There's been nothing particularly "wrong" with Fletcher's trades so far... the Talbot one is the most egregious and it's debatable.  I hated it and I still do, but I understand there are arguments for it that I just don't agree with.  

At the end of the day, there's absolutely nothing terribly beneficial about any of these trades (I'll wager that Hartman has been the most advantageous thus far) and there's absolutely nothing "inspired" or even "clever" about any one of them.  None of them demonstrate any insight into what the team needs or a savvy insight as to how to get it.  

Clarke's biggest flaw seemed to be a favorability for size and a refusal to protect his assets.

Homer's seemed to either having suffered brain damage in 2012 or (more probably) trying to keep things together and be respectful while Snider went rogue before getting sick and dying.

Hextall's was a bizarre and baffling dedication to that damned coach.  

We'll see with Fletcher, but so far he just seems like a really good, solid guy but maybe the rest of the league is possibly just a little smarter and more savvy than he is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

Clarke's biggest flaw seemed to be a favorability for size

Seems like a good time to re-post this classic piece and the everlasting source of "blame Lindros": 

A Day In The Life Of Bob Clarke 
By: Ian Dudgeon & John Dobson

7:00- Wake up. Check cave for food. 
7:15- No food in cave. Lindros must have eat food. Lindros bad. Blame Lindros. 
7:25- Fight dog for dentures. 
7:45- Leave for work. 
8:00- Traffic jam on expressway. Lindros must be at fault. Lindros bad. Blame Lindros. 
8:15- Arrive at office. 
8:20- Secretly check height on line penciled behind office door. See if Clarke be bigger. Big good. 
8:21- Clarke no bigger. Blame Lindros. Eat Wheaties to get bigger. 
8:25- Bang head on open cupboard putting away cereal. Lindros must be responsible. Blame Lindros. 
8:45- Crank call Mike Smith, call him pinko commie bastard. Russian bad. 
8:46- Feel proud of being the last bastion of defense against the ongoing Red Scare. Russian bad. 
9:00- See clip of self on Sportscenter. Clarke on TV good. Clarke like. Clarke schedule news conference for l0:00 in AM. 
9:15- Call Snider, remind Snider of incriminating photos. Secure job for another day. 
9:30- Go to hidden vault and make sure photos still safe. 
9:31- Forget combo. Blame Lindros. 
9:32- Go back to desk to get combo out of drawer. 
9:35- Forget why go desk. Blame Lindros. 
9:40- Recheck height against pencil mark. See if Wheaties worked. 
9:41- Still no bigger. Lindros must be moving mark up. Clarke be big. Blame Lindros. 
9:50- Realize have press conference in 10 minutes, need to come up with something so Clarke can see face on TV. 
9:51- Call secretary to get coach ASAP. Forget coach name. Too many too fast. 
9:55- Fire coach. 
10:00- Have press conference. Say fire coach. Blame Lindros. 
10:20- Promote assistant coach. 
10:30- Read scouting report. 
10:31- See Zdena Chara's name. Run around office in circles whooping like a chimpanzee when Clarke see height/weight. 
10:35- Call Mike Milbury. Call him pinko commie bastard. 
10:40- Glout over being last bastion of defense against Red Scare. Russian bad. 
10:41- Realize was wrong Mike. 
10:42- Call Mike Milbury. 
10:43- Tell Milbury Lindros now impersonate Clarke. Say bad thing. Lindros bad. Blame Lindros. 
10:45- Demand Chara be Flyer. Chara big. Big good. 
10:50- Mike Milbury ask for Gagne. Clarke need think. 
10:51- Head start to hurt. 
10:52- Milbury say give Cairns as well for a 1st. 
10:53- Clarke stop thinking. Too much hurt. Ask Milbury how big Cairns. 
10:55- Run around in circles making chimpanzee noises when Milbury answer. Cairns big. Big good. 
10:56- Realize on speaker phone. Say Lindros broke into office, make bad noise. Blame Lindros. Lindros bad. 
11:00- Smile smugly for robbing Mike Milbury of Chara and Cairns for Gagne and 1st. Flyers get 290 pounds bigger. Big good. 
11:05- Tell secretary to schedule press conference for after lunch. 
11:06- Clap hands and jump up and down when realize get to be on TV again. 
11:10- Go to lunch. 
11:15- Order steak dinner. Waiter say salad included. 
11:20- Waiter calls Clarke Russian. 
11:21- Break Waiter's ankle. 
11:22- Realizes Waiter no call Clarke Russian, Waiter ask if Clarke he want Russian dressing. 
11:23- Tell Waiter not Clarke's fault. Clarke can't be to blame. Was Lindros. Lindros bad. Blame Lindros. 
11:25- Clarke get steak. Realize got wrong teeth in, wearing the fangs (obligatory Simpsons reference). 
11:26- Send steak back. Ask for Wheaties. No need teeth eat Wheaties. Wheaties make Clarke big. Big good. 
12:00- Go back office. 
12:05- Check height on pencil mark. Clarke still no bigger. Blame Lindros. 
12:15- Have press conference. Remind world Lindros bad. 
12:30- Smile smugly in office. 
12:31- Realize forgot announce trade. Schedule press conference for 4:00. 
12:45- Get out blankie for nap time. Can't sleep from insomnia. Blame Lindros. Lindros bad. 
1:30- Finally fall asleep. Dream of breaking Lindros ankle. Hurt Lindros. Hurt good. 
3:55- Wake up. Remember something to do. Can't remember. Blame Lindros for stealing brain. Lindros Bad. 
4:30- Secretary calls. Says Clarke miss press conference. Fire secretary. Fire new coach too. Call Ron Hextall to be new coach. Hextall break ankles too. Hextall good. 
4:45- Call secretary to schedule press conference for 6:00 to announce new coach. Secretary no answer. Must be Lindros again. Lindros steal secretary. Lindros bad. 
5:00- Clarke hungry. Clarke go to diner and order pizza. Still wrong teeth. 
5:45- Send pizza back. Waiter say too late to send back. Clarke kick waiter in shins. 
5:47- Order oatmeal. Spill bowl on lap. Blame Lindros for greasing bowl. Lindros lie. Lindros bad. 
5:59- Remember press conference. Run back to office. Trip on dog leash on sidewalk. Kick dog. Blame Lindros for dog. 
6:00- Pick up phone in office. Nobody there except some guy humming. 
6:20- Guy humming won't stop. Must be Lindros on line. Tell him I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. Stomp feet. 
6:25- Call secretary to fix phone. Secretary no there. Remember that Lindros steal secretary. Lindros Bad. 
6:30- Give up on press conference. Call Keith Jones wife to send condolences. Keith Jones wife say Keith Jones not dead. Keith Jones retire. Clarke confuse. Clarke remember Keith is Lindros friend. Stomp feet. 
6:45- Remember still have to pay Keith Jones even though Keith Jones no play. Call Pat Quinn to trade Jones for Cory Cross. Cross BIG. Big good. 
6:55-Quinn laugh at Clarke for trade offer. Clark stomp feet. Quinn say Justin Williams for Cross. Clark think. Williams not big. Small bad. Cross big - big good. Clark say yes but want to trade Boucher too. Quinn say yes. Clark smile. Get big Cross for small Williams and Boucher. Clarke win trade. Smile 
7:30-Crank call Smith again. Call him Commie Puke. Realize wrong number. Called Konstantinov instead. 
7:45-Get call from Yzerman. Yzerman say he hear about call to Konstantinov. RedWing team coming to talk to Clarke about it. Clarke say "Ok, but no commie pukes can come in". Yzerman hang up phone. 
7:55-Clarke worry. Call Flyer team to come over just in case. All Flyer but McCallister hang up phone. McCallister say he coming. Big player come. Big player beat up all RedWing. Big Good. 
8:30- Knock on door. Open door. RedWings with sticks at door. See commie puke Fedorov. Close door. 
8:31 - Knock again. Must be pizza man. Open door. RedWings still there. Where McCallister? Forgot to give McCallister directions. Oops. 
8:35 - RedWings want to hurt Clarke. Clarke get stick. Break all their ankles. RedWings run away. Wings bad. Why Wings want to hurt Clarke? Must be Lindros tell them to. Lindros bad. 
9:45 - Gary Bettman call. Ask what happened with RedWings. Clarke say Lindros send them. Lindros Bad. Gary say Clarke in trouble. Clarke laugh and call Gary a treasure troll. Gary say Clarke in bigger trouble. Clarke hang up phone. Clarke smart. 
10:00- Clarke wonder why Gary call. Must be Lindros saying bad things. Lindros bad. 
10:05 - Crank call Lindros family house. Bonnie pick up phone. Clarke fart into phone, laugh hysterically and hang up. Clarke funny. 
10:10 - Clarke tired. Go to bed. Can't sleep. Blame Lindros. Lindros bad. Think about trades Clarke made today. Team get bigger. Big good. Think about firing Hextall. 
10:15 - Remember to call Buffalo to see if they want to trade Gratton. Get Gratton again. Maybe Renberg too. 
10:20 - Get out Lindros Voodoo doll to help sleep. 
10:21 - Forgot take out teeth. Still have fangs in. Bite Lindros doll with fangs. 
10:25 - Fall asleep dreaming of Lindros getting hurt. Laugh in sleep. Lindros bad.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Back to the thread title, I support this. I think the best players on the team, like Jake, SHOULD be on the PK. But maybe that's just me.

Uh the thread title was PK Subban for Jake Voracek trade...