Merged: Confirmed - Flyers announced they hired Michel Therrien and Mike Yeo as assistants

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

Nothing we (fans) can do about it except complain.

LOL   What else is there?  I mean, that completely explains my 26 years (in October) of marriage.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

Accurate points but, so what? Nothing we (fans) can do about it except complain.

Either things will be the same and the Flyers live up to Einstein's thoery of insanity. Or, they went the opposite way by hiring Fletch and letting him hire his coaches.

Funny thing about Flyer fans, nothing is a success unless it ends with a cup

Pretty much.

You can also start your own podcast, come up with locker room conspiracy theories, sell them to others like a subway evangelist, then profess to know everything that goes on in the locker room like a complete pompous ass.

I mean, I understand that works for some other fanbases.... :ph34r: ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Pretty much.

You can also start your own podcast, come up with locker room conspiracy theories, sell them to others like a subway evangelist, then profess to know everything that goes on in the locker room like a complete pompous ass.

MUST.POST.MORE.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Pretty much.

Tell me if I'm correctly following this reference:

[Shrugs]

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, brelic said:

I count myself among those fans. 

Lifelong Flyer fan that wasn’t alive to witness the cup victories. 

I was a wee lad and don't have vivid memories of them. I still idolize Bernie Parent though.

I've been chatting on these boards with you and others for well over a decade, so obviously I'm invested in the team. But I'm also well past the point where the orange-and-black glasses in my avatar significantly change the view of the team.

Having a 100+ point MVP candidate and a hard fought first round playoff loss can be a Good Thing. Just not, for me, in year six of what's the worst period of hockey this organization has ever seen, especially when that's followed up by missing the playoffs entirely.

As always, people's mileage may vary - and that's totally fair. I try not to begrudge that. Much.

But I'm going to need to see success on the ice before getting my rah rah's out.

52 minutes ago, radoran said:

I was a wee lad and don't have vivid memories of them. I still idolize Bernie Parent though.

I've been chatting on these boards with you and others for well over a decade, so obviously I'm invested in the team. But I'm also well past the point where the orange-and-black glasses in my avatar significantly change the view of the team.

Having a 100+ point MVP candidate and a hard fought first round playoff loss can be a Good Thing. Just not, for me, in year six of what's the worst period of hockey this organization has ever seen, especially when that's followed up by missing the playoffs entirely.

As always, people's mileage may vary - and that's totally fair. I try not to begrudge that. Much.

But I'm going to need to see success on the ice before getting my rah rah's out.

I get it. Flyers playoff hockey is a treat, and we haven't really been treated lately. 

I watched a few of the videos up on the Flyers site the other day - they were 'sounds' from the season when players were mic'ed up on the ice and in the locker room. To me, that's the best stuff because it's real. It's not manufactured by JJ and Clement and McGuire and Carchidi and so on - this ridiculous professional sports marketing engine that just churns and churns larger-than-life narratives. 

Watching those clips of the guys mic'ed up just brings it back into perspective. It's just a bunch of dudes pushing a puck around and having fun. 

On 6/10/2019 at 5:32 AM, notfondajane said:

How many regimes have the Flyers had in the last twenty to thirty years?

On 6/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, radoran said:

Since 1990:

Vigneault will be the 15th coach (including interims)

Fletcher is the fifth GM.

Paul Holmgren appears on both lists.

The Penguins have had 12 different Head coaches in the same time.  Not a lot of difference IMHO.

20 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The Penguins have had 12 different Head coaches in the same time.  Not a lot of difference IMHO.

Well, 5 cups, but besides that.  :)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It wasn't about the number of cups.  It was about regime changes.  How many tanks?

I get what you're saying though.  Stop feeding the trolls...

Wasn't sure whether to click good post or the haha!  You got "Good Post," but I did it while laughing.