Western Conference Finals: San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

pilldoc

Western Conference Finals: San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Sharks sweep
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Blues sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Worst game of the playoffs for Binnington by far.  Parayko did him no favors either.  He played far far better vs Dallas in game 7.  But this is no surprise to me. Its one game.  I am not worried.  Adjusting to playing in California and the time is never easy. Dallas was hell bent on defense.  San Jose is hell bent on offense.  Meaning Berube will make adjustments.  He will keep one more back, trust his goalie and try and catch them odd man on blocks and turnovers. Just keep it out and they will score enough to win. They almost pulled this out even as bad as things went.  That was very close to being 5-4 with Berube pulling the goalie early. I was a bit surprised he pulled him so early with it being only a 2 goal deficit

Here's what will happen. The Sharks will win the series but you'll be able to have a injury or bad ref call that you can refer to as an excuse  why things didn't go well. But you won't do that. You'll simply use some sports cliche that  they didn't want it bad enough or what ever. 

15 hours ago, davethehammer said:

Here's what will happen. The Sharks will win the series but you'll be able to have a injury or bad ref call that you can refer to as an excuse  why things didn't go well. But you won't do that. You'll simply use some sports cliche that  they didn't want it bad enough or what ever. 

One ****king game and you think it’s over?  And it’s in California where teams need time to adjust.  The Blues deserve more credit.  I have faith in them over those bearded Turkeys !  🦃 Turkey!!

Edited by pilldoc
name calling

11 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

One ****king game and you think it’s over?  And it’s in California where teams need time to adjust.  The Blues deserve more credit.  I have faith in them over those bearded Turkeys !  🦃 Turkey!!

I really  don't care who wins. I'm saying it's already decided. 

Edited by pilldoc

29 minutes ago, davethehammer said:

No, it's because  the mobile version  keeps effing up. Reposts etc.

As you can see earlier in the thread from others

I know about the software problems.  Seeing you are a Hawks fan is shocking.  That is why you are against the Blues number one. Number two, its rare to see members here that are not fans of the Philadelphia Flyers.  I usually just assume

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I know about the software problems.  Seeing you are a Hawks fan is shocking.  That is why you are against the Blues number one. Number two, its rare to see members here that are not fans of the Philadelphia Flyers.  I usually just assume

1. my last name is similar to Schultz. I grew up outside los Angeles/Pasadena..when he was a King.

2. I'm a fan of all sports and teams as entertainment. its not some gang war that i'm obligated to pick sides on.

The Hawks have one of the coolest and oldest logos/jerseys.

I also picked Sharks to make it to finals, even though the only jersey I own is a Vegas Knights one, that was a Christmas gift.

I'd take a Blues jersey any day as well :)

i'm not against the Blues. I simply know they are losing because its what the league wants.

----

never mind number 1,  lol. I thought I used the Dave Schultz picture like i did elsewhere.

Edited by davethehammer
  • Like 1

Let Shark goals one and two for Game 2 be warnings and reminders for refs not to call weak or nonexistent penalties at any time. That goes double for the Playoffs. Couture goes beast mode to bookend that nonsense called on Sorensen. 

Edited by thenewestlights

2 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

Let Shark goals one and two for Game 2 be warnings and reminders for refs not to call weak or nonexistent penalties at any time. That goes double for the Playoffs. Couture goes beast mode to bookend that nonsense called on Sorensen. 

Lol warnings  and reminders for refs?

They will do as they please, as they  are told. As they have always done. And there's nothing you can or will do about it. Refs own your emotions. You don't warn refs. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, davethehammer said:

No, it's because  the mobile version  keeps effing up. Reposts etc.

As you can see earlier in the thread from others

I did not quote the above poster.  The site is STILL NOT WORKING.  So, on to the playoffs.   Berube did a masterful job of solving this "one trick pony that are the San Jose Sharks".  They are hell bent on getting the puck to the right point, and whether its Burns or Karlsson just either shoot at the goal with traffic and the other play is the main one. the quick strike cross ice pass to the forward waiting in the slot for a one timer.  St Louis figured this out and shut the lanes down. I tell you they did not have a shot on goal for like 15 minutes.  Talk about fish out of water. They were gassed at the end of the 2nd period so bad they could not get to the dressing room fast enough.  The Blues were on them like a cheap suit.  Now they go back to St Louis. The Blues need to do to them what they did to Dallas in game 7.  But Ben Bishop is not in goal.  Just  a big fishy named Jones. Smoke their ass's and get this done Blues.  Its your turn. Boston might be waiting on the other side.  But put these fish to bed.  Joe Thornton will be sleeping with the fish's

12 hours ago, davethehammer said:

Lol warnings  and reminders for refs?

They will do as they please, as they  are told. As they have always done. And there's nothing you can or will do about it. Refs own your emotions. You don't warn refs. 

Refs best bow to decency and my demands or I will cast a royal wizard spell upon them which will likely beset their fields with locusts: 

:hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon: Find The Macguffin! ⢠metaligatr: Your name is SI ICE KING ... :hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon: 

No partial LA King pun intended. But I'm copasetic if such punning was inferred. 

P. S. Have you, has anyone, ever seen such a sequence in which one guy scores 

a shorthanded goal at Power Play start, then another one at Power Play finish? 🤔 

Eye-popping/eye-catching stuff! :thumbsu:  [<--closest (EP/EC) emoticon I could find] :D 

3 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

Refs best bow to decency and my demands or I will cast a royal wizard spell upon them which will likely beset their fields with locusts: 

:hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon: Find The Macguffin! ⢠metaligatr: Your name is SI ICE KING ... :hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon: 

No partial LA King pun intended. But I'm copasetic if such punning was inferred. 

a shorthanded goal at Power Play start, then another one at Power Play finish? 🤔 

Eye-popping/eye-catching stuff! :thumbsu:  [<--closest (EP/EC) emoticon I could find] :D 

And then the Blues shut them down like turning off a light switch.  The scales tilted completely for the Blues.  They made the adjustments and shut down their east/west game with one timers in the slot. No more of that.  No more shots on goal. No more nothing. Just domination by the Blues.  And the goal that gave them the lead for good was a thing of beauty

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

And then the Blues shut them down like turning off a light switch.  The scales tilted completely for the Blues.  They made the adjustments and shut down their east/west game with one timers in the slot. No more of that.  No more shots on goal. No more nothing. Just domination by the Blues.  And the goal that gave them the lead for good was a thing of beauty

Attaboy! Those chickens aren't gonna hatch themselves!

On 5/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, thenewestlights said:

Lol yeah, like I said.

Hand pass 

Edited by davethehammer

On 5/12/2019 at 2:20 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Awful confident i see after getting 6 hung on them....

The Blues will win this. They got robbed last night but will bounce back. They have the best road team in hockey. And the best team in hockey