You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Out of curiosity, WHY does the NHL call that play offside?     It's my understanding that a player is no longer in play once he reaches the bench (regardless of whether or not he has left the ice yet). There is a "10 foot rule" or whatever you want to call it for line changes. The player doesn't have to be off completely before the next player can come on.    So why (in the interests of keeping the flow of the game) would the NHL call an offside on a player who isn't there? 
      I don't see how the reversal is an issue.   The play was offside because Gabriel Landeskog was offside as he made his way to the bench for a line change. In fact, when asked about it, Landeskog himself called it "a clumsy mistake"...on HIS part! He knew it...replay showed that was the case, so I don't see how this points to "corruption". Granted, I don't want officials and technicalities deciding games anymore than the next fan, but bottom line is, calls NEED TO GET DONE RIGHT! A
      I'll simplify it. Landeskog knew it was offside because his skate was still on the ice, and it had to be called. San Jose knew it, Colorado didn't want to admit they knew it. Case closed.
      This made me laugh uncontrollably.      I don't think they can go to a rule where the player changing doesn't count for the offsides, though I'm sympathetic to the argument.    They are so rigid with the offsides that we now lose 10 or 15 minutes of our lives from  "was the last millimeter of the skate blade touching the line or not?"  Riveting entertainment.  If they're going to be that legalistic to that degree in that  instance, I can't imagine their ever going with "
      I do not have photographic evidence, but I am quite positive the entire bench fit quite nicely in center ice until they moved the lines. 
      How about video evidence...?    You are right, you should send it to the league to fix.    

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name