Ian Laperriere will no longer direct the penalty kill as Alain Vigneault switches up Flyers’ coaching duties

I admire the loyalty of the organization, and im glad he still has a job, but they need shift their paradigm and start hiring on what a person can do now, as opposed to what he did when he wore a sweater

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I admire the loyalty of the organization, and im glad he still has a job, but they need shift their paradigm and start hiring on what a person can do now, as opposed to what he did when he wore a sweater

Good to see you 'round these parts partner. Been awhile, no?

• Like 1

Lappy is a member of the Warrior Class.  He will soldier on.  I agree with earlier posters that he may have outlived his best use but for whatever reason, he is being kept in the fold.  

Well, don't say we didn't warn you about Mike Yeo and the Power Play....

MN Wild Power Play under Mike Yeo

2009-10 #10 19.1%

2010-11 #13 18.1%

2011-12 #27 15.1%

2012-13 #16 17.9%

2013-14 #16 17.8%

2014-15 #27 15.8%

2015-16 #15 18.5%

And who knows, maybe he's changed his style since he got canned by the Blues. But the Wild's power play under him was very predictable. Rarely was the puck carried into the zone, usually dump-and-chase. If the Wild got to the puck first, the pass-fest started, but it was very deliberate. Rarely was there less than three passes before a shot. Koivu to Suter. Stop. Suter to Staal. Stop. Staal to Koivu. Stop. Koivu to Suter. Suter to Koivu. Stop. Koivu to Staal. Stop. Staal to Suter. Stop. Wrist shot at the goal, Parise tries to re-direct and gets knocked on his head. Scramble for the puck. Usually the other team cleared the zone.

And he's very stubborn about his power play system. Even when the Wild went on an 0 for 20-something stretch on the power play one season, he kept trotting out the same power play units over and over and over again.

18 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Lappy is a member of the Warrior Class.  He will soldier on.  I agree with earlier posters that he may have outlived his best use but for whatever reason, he is being kept in the fold.  

Franchuse loyalty. Flyers have always been guilty if this. I admire them for it, but at times it seems to be more important that on ice success

It's the collective that hopefully make this team better.

I am sure AV will not let a particular part of the team struggle without getting involved.

This staff has a lot of good tools to work with. A lot of kid down below who will be waiting to be plugged in to help.

Some solid safety nets manning the crease now. I like where it's heading. Not as fast as i like but i like the change.

Now they just need to get to work to know what is expected of them in the system so they can get reap the benefits next year.

The biggest thing they can do is get off to a good stop don't waste points in October and November because those points are as important as the ones in February and March.

I think they add a vet D man of some sort. I think they make a run at a solid 2nd line center.

AV i am sure will let Fletcher know if Hayes can be that guy i think if he gives Chuck the nod he will go hard after him.

Then as a vet type winger i would be ok with signing Mats Zuccarello on a short deal if the Stars don't bring him back.