Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

Stanley Cup Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins he 2018-19 Stanley Cup?

    • Bruins sweep
      0
    • Bruins in 5
      3
    • Bruins in 6
      8
    • Bruins in 7
      2
    • Blues sweep
      2
    • Blues in 5
      1
    • Blues in 6
      7
    • Blues in 7
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All pertinent hockey discussion regarding  the Bruins and Blues SCF series goes here.

 

Schedule:

 

GAME 1 
Monday, May 27: St. Louis Blues at Boston Bruins | 8 p.m. ET, NBC

GAME 2
Wednesday, May 29: St. Louis Blues at Boston Bruins | 8 p.m. ET,  NBCSN

GAME 3
Saturday, June 1: Boston Bruins at St. Louis Blues | 8 p.m. ET, NBCSN

GAME 4
Monday, June 3: Boston Bruins at St. Louis Blues | 8 p.m. ET, NBC

*GAME 5
Thursday, June 6: St. Louis Blues at Boston Bruins | 8 p.m. ET, NBC

*GAME 6
Sunday, June 9: Boston Bruins at St. Louis Blues | 8 p.m. ET, NBC

*GAME 7
Wednesday, June 12: St. Louis Blues at Boston Bruins | 8 p.m. ET, NBC

 

image.png.eaeb233625419f86dab387c23eed6e49.png

 

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Going Blues in 4.

 

Anyone who's been here for any amount of time knows the Blues have always been my whipping boy in the west.  All foreplay, no delivery.

I've said Blues since the regular season was winding down, and I'm sticking with it.  They went out and added a bunch of strong pieces to a good squad, and most importantly sat Jake Allen, the fraud, down in favor of a rookie playing out of his mind.   

 

Yeah, Rask.  And if Rask were to stumble, they have a very well-rested Halak (which, if he had a hand in beating the Blues, would be delicious irony).   And the Bruins are built for success.   

 

I've liked the Blues going in and sticking with it.

 

As for the sweep?   It just fits the pattern coming out of the East, so why not?

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said Blues in 5, just because I want a Berube coached team to win the cup:ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ruxpin

 

Totally agree.   I know the Blues, and especially @Hockey Junkie have been given a lot of grief by many of us around here when concerning how they play the game on ice.  We all picked Blues players for @Hockey Junkie for the HF.net Platyoff Fantasy Pool. Well the joke may finally be on us.  The Blues are playing really good hockey and if the Blues win it all, I'm voting Binnington for the Calder Trophy and Conn Smythe Trophy with and outside shot at the Vienza Trophy.  The kid is playing lights out. ......

 

Oh.... and for us Flyer Fans ....IF the Blues DO WIN the Cup ....another punch to our collective guts....as another favorite whipping boy and ex-Flyer will engrave his name in the cup.....Brayden Schenn.  Won't he get the last laugh on us.....

 

Blues in 6

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@ruxpin

 

Totally agree.   I know the Blues, and especially @Hockey Junkie have been given a lot of grief by many of us around here when concerning how they play the game on ice.  We all picked Blues players for @Hockey Junkie for the HF.net Platyoff Fantasy Pool. Well the joke may finally be on us.  The Blues are playing really good hockey and if the Blues win it all, I'm voting Binnington for the Calder Trophy and Conn Smythe Trophy with and outside shot at the Vienza Trophy.  The kid is playing lights out. ......

 

Oh.... and for us Flyer Fans ....IF the Blues DO WIN the Cup ....another punch to our collective guts....as another favorite whipping boy and ex-Flyer will engrave his name in the cup.....Brayden Schenn.  Won't he get the last laugh on us.....

 

Blues in 6

A man who has seen the light!  I am in total agreement as to your pick.  I am also picking them in 6 but if they sweep the first two in Boston it could shock the Bruins and it could be over faster  I know that most here still do not believe in them.  Lets take a look at this.  Boston.  Big weapon are Marchand, Bergeron, Pasternak, and their defensive big guy is Chara.  The Blues have Teresenko, Shwartz (the leading playoff goal scorer), Schenn, Steen, Perron (only Blue to have been to finals.  On D, you have Pietrangelo (Captain), Parayko, Bowmeester, and Bortozzo.  Parayko has been a beast on defense and is the reason Coture  was contained for the most part.  He played out of his mind vs Dallas in game 7.  He has the size to match Boston and the speed and the puck handling ability as well.  I believe Teresenko and Shwartz are better than any two Boston has.  I give Binnington the edge over Rask even though Rask, granted has been hot.  But did he face high quality shots vs Carolina?  Columbus had them on the ropes and let them off the hook.   A post here and there in game 5 and that series may have had a different outcome.  Lets not forget Columbus and their impact on these playoffs by upsetting Tampa.  Another thing the Blues have going for them is, Boston has "home advantage".  If you want to call it that?  St Louis is 7-2 on the road in the playoffs.  And Boston, IMO has played better on the road at times.  This is a rematch of the 69-70 finals when Bobby Orr scored the game and Cup winner in OT of game 4.  Yes it was a sweep but the games were much tougher than the 4-0 games won indicates. That was 50 years ago.  This is now.  And this Boston team does not have Bobby Orr.   Blues win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than anything, I want to see the Cup hoisted in front of all of us long-suffering fans who blew off a little steam last night when we won the West but now want to watch this team bring it home.  So, bring it home, boys. Blues in six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Lets not forget Columbus and their impact on these playoffs by upsetting Tampa.

 

^^^^^ This is a HUGE statement.

 

Who knows how the playoffs shake out if the Bolts don't get their collective butts swept out of the playoffs like common dirt on the floor by the Blue Jackets.  A Bolts vs. Blues SCF is very different than a Bruins vs. Blues.  

 

If the Bolts were in the SCF then I would go Bolts in 6.  Not taking anything away from the Blues, but the Bolts IMO would be the favorite......HOWEVER...that is why you play the games.  The Bolts melted away their opportunity and the Blues stepped up to the plate and performed.

 

I think the Blues have a very legitimate shot at winning ......

Edited by pilldoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bruins are a very hard team to play against. They have the most Cup experience on the squad.

 

5 guys were on the team when they won it all in 2011. Blues have no one on the team with a Cup that i have seen.

 

So that with the way Rask is playing (even better than when Timmy Thomas won their last Cup) i have to give Boston the edge in this.

 

Boston is rested and waiting. Should be a good series. I like the Bruins blueline better in this too.

 

Chara is still roaming back there and he and Mcavoy have formed and great top D pair.

 

I like them over Edmondson and Pietrangelo. The Blues have the edge with their 2nd pair though.

 

But Rask vs Binnington will be a good one the Bruins will get in Binnington face and screen him a lot not sure if he is use to what they will bring to the table. 

 

Bruins have the better coach too.

 

Bergeron vs Schenn as the top line centers should be huge too.

 

Bergeron has 13 points (8 goals 5 assists +8) in 17 games.

 

Schenn 7 points (2 goals 5 assists -5) in 19 games gives Boston the huge edge.

 

Bruins in 6. Guess we'll see soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think the Bruins are a very hard team to play against. They have the most Cup experience on the squad.

 

5 guys were on the team when they won it all in 2011. Blues have no one on the team with a Cup that i have seen.

 

So that with the way Rask is playing (even better than when Timmy Thomas won their last Cup) i have to give Boston the edge in this.

 

Boston is rested and waiting. Should be a good series. I like the Bruins blueline better in this too.

 

Chara is still roaming back there and he and Mcavoy have formed and great top D pair.

 

I like them over Edmondson and Pietrangelo. The Blues have the edge with their 2nd pair though.

 

But Rask vs Binnington will be a good one the Bruins will get in Binnington face and screen him a lot not sure if he is use to what they will bring to the table. 

 

Bruins have the better coach too.

 

Bergeron vs Schenn as the top line centers should be huge too.

 

Bergeron has 13 points (8 goals 5 assists +8) in 17 games.

 

Schenn 7 points (2 goals 5 assists -5) in 19 games gives Boston the huge edge.

 

Bruins in 6. Guess we'll see soon.

Last 6 years the team with the EXTRA REST LOST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

 

^^^^^ This is a HUGE statement.

 

Who knows how the playoffs shake out if the Bolts don't get their collective butts swept out of the playoffs like common dirt on the floor by the Blue Jackets.  A Bolts vs. Blues SCF is very different than a Bruins vs. Blues.  

 

If the Bolts were in the SCF then I would go Bolts in 6.  Not taking anything away from the Blues, but the Bolts IMO would be the favorite......HOWEVER...that is why you play the games.  The Bolts melted away their opportunity and the Blues stepped up to the plate and performed.

 

I think the Blues have a very legitimate shot at winning ......

On a site named Bet Us I did the right thing and bet the Blues to win the West and the Cup.  I cashed on the West last night.  But on 5 dimes I made the mistake of picking matchups.  I wheeled the Blues vs Tampa, Toronto, Washington and yes, even the Sabres who were on fire early.  But no Boston.  Odds were very good for a very minor investment. 

 

If Washington had won game 7 in Double OT vs Carolina, things might have also been different.  NO WAY in hell would Boston have swept Washington.  And I thought leaving the Islanders out was my big mistake.  

 

The Blues did sweep Tampa home and away and don't forget, maybe the sign that Tampa was vulnerable came from the Sabres giving them hell in all 4 games.  Sabres won the first one, and lost two in OT

 

The Blues are deeper and better than Boston and soon will prove it with a Stanley Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

The Blues are deeper and better

 

No they are not you're delusional.

 

More news at 11.

 

The Bruins do have more Cup experience including a Stanely Cup winning Captain and goaltender, so here is you chance of course to spin it where that doesn't matter.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Pastrnak - Bergeron - Rat is a better top line than Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko, but the overall depth of the Blues forward corps is better. I like the Bruins defense a bit better, but admittedly a good part of that is because I don't trust Bouwmeester. Binnington has been good, but Rask has been lights out. I think Rask leads the Bruins past the Blues in 6, but several of the games will be late game/OT decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

No they are not you're delusional.

 

More news at 11.

 

The Bruins do have more Cup experience including a Stanely Cup winning Captain and goaltender, so here is you chance of course to spin it where that doesn't matter.

 

 

Spin Teresenko and Shwartz fella. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Spin Teresenko and Shwartz fella. 

 

That's all you got? Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I voted Blues in 6 I hate Boston sports teams.

 

just sports hate - but f those guys.

plus the Blues sweaters are pretty sweet.

 

Go Blues !

Edited by mojo1917

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Spin Teresenko and Shwartz fella. 

I spin Schwartz as mediocre. Tarasenko is quite good. Chara, McAvoy, Krug and Carlo will use and abuse Schwartz. Taresenko will get his, but I'm more worried about O'Reilly than Schwartz if I'm the Bruins..Schenn is a scrub. Come on HJ, at least know how to spell the name of a guy who's given your team 11 goals and 36 points this season.

Edited by FD19372

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want the Blues to win badly.  Want to see people's heads explode when Schenn and Berube hoist the Cup and someone brings it to South Philly to celebrate at that bar.

 

Think Bruins will win, though.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

image.jpeg.dbe285963b7d5c94b5a5ba20e590ebe8.jpeg Yet another reason to want the Blues........

I know- right ?

 

I have worked with really arrogant guys in the production world from Boston. (and some cool ones- but far more douches)

They are actually worse than New York crew because, well, it's not even New York and they act like they're the hottest guys not in LA.

for the record LA guys are the worst.

 

Screw Boston - Go Blues

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 9:19 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Chara is still roaming back there and he and Mcavoy have formed and great top D pair.

 

I like them over Edmondson and Pietrangelo. The Blues have the edge with their 2nd pair though.

 

 

 

 

For the record, Parayko-Bouwmeester has become our #1 lockdown tandem as the playoffs progressed and they've been pure money for us.  Taking nothing at all away from the Bruins D (which has been excellent) but the Blues have the edge in depth on the blueline in my book.  Assuming Dunn doesn't play (and I wouldn't bet that he will since he's got a broken jaw), the way things are set up now according to MoneyPuck, I'd still take our third pairing of Bortuzzo-Gunnarsson over Clifton-Moore.       

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BlueAero said:

I'd still take our third pairing of Bortuzzo-Gunnarsson over Clifton-Moore.

 

Their bottom pair is Matt Grzelcyk and Clifton.

 

I will give the Bruins the edge there because of Grzelcyk (3 goals 7 points in 17 games) ability to add offense too over Bortuzzo or Gunnarsson's (who both together only have one point in these playoffs).

 

You don't have to agree and i'm fine with that. I think the Bruins are deeper down the middle too.

 

The 2nd line center i give the edge to O'Reilly over Krejci even though it's close.

 

I have like Coyle over Bozak too even though that is close too.

 

But Bergeron is a huge boost over Schenn i think. No matter it will play out regardless of what we think.

 

And i give the Bruins the edge is goal which is close too. But unless Rask comes back down to earth this could be quick series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We don't need offensive production from the 3rd D line (although Bortuzzo scored what was perhaps the most pivotal goal in the series against the Sharks).  I'm not terribly worried about the Blues' D ability to jump into the O-zone when they need to.  They've done it all year.   

 

I'm basically concerned about two things:  the Bruins PP which has been lethal and Tukka Rask.  I think these teams compare very favorably without splitting hairs and the series will likely be decided by special teams and goaltending.  How's that for a hot take?  LOL....

Edited by BlueAero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BlueAero said:

We don't need offensive production from the 3rd D line (although Bortuzzo scored what was perhaps the most pivotal goal in the series against the Sharks).  I'm not terribly worried about the Blues' D ability to jump into the O-zone when they need to.  They've done it all year.   

 

I'm basically concerned about two things:  the Bruins PP which has been lethal and Tukka Rask.  I think these teams compare very favorably without splitting hairs and the series will likely be decided by special teams and goaltending.  How's that for a hot take?  LOL....

 

Yes it will come down to special teams and goaltending for sure maybe.

 

He Sharks powerplay struggled and cost them the last 3 games of the series from what I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      I know- right ?   I have worked with really arrogant guys in the production world from Boston. (and some cool ones- but far more douches) They are actually worse than New York crew because, well, it's not even New York and they act like they're the hottest guys not in LA. for the record LA guys are the worst.   Screw Boston - Go Blues
    • 4
      Post
      I really would like Blues to win(put their win in 7 games), because I would like to see a new Stanley Cup winner. Blues never won a Stanley Cup in their kind of long history and really merit that title with their talented young goaltender.  Agree, it is mainly will be a battle between Binnington and Rask. The most toughest one will be the winner. I realize that Boston is more experienced hard team to play against, but still wish the best to Blues.
    • 3
      Post
      Going Blues in 4.   Anyone who's been here for any amount of time knows the Blues have always been my whipping boy in the west.  All foreplay, no delivery. I've said Blues since the regular season was winding down, and I'm sticking with it.  They went out and added a bunch of strong pieces to a good squad, and most importantly sat Jake Allen, the fraud, down in favor of a rookie playing out of his mind.      Yeah, Rask.  And if Rask were to stumble, they have a very well
    • 3
      Post
      Want the Blues to win badly.  Want to see people's heads explode when Schenn and Berube hoist the Cup and someone brings it to South Philly to celebrate at that bar.   Think Bruins will win, though.
    • 3
      Post
      Yet another reason to want the Blues........
    • 3
      Post
×
×
  • Create New...