Stanley Cup Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins he 2018-19 Stanley Cup?

• Bruins sweep
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blues sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

16 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I spin Schwartz as mediocre. Tarasenko is quite good. Chara, McAvoy, Krug and Carlo will use and abuse Schwartz. Taresenko will get his, but I'm more worried about O'Reilly than Schwartz if I'm the Bruins..Schenn is a scrub. Come on HJ, at least know how to spell the name of a guy who's given your team 11 goals and 36 points this season.

What is going on here?  All of a sudden you like Boston?  

56 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

What is going on here?  All of a sudden you like Boston?  

I don't like Boston, but I call it how I see it. Boston is a better team. You're only hope, HJ, is that you somehow get more secondary scoring than Boston AND Binnington outplays Rask SIGNIFICANTLY. If anybody saw my pre edited comment, I'm a little drunk on cold medicine.

Edited by FD19372

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't like Boston, but I call it how I see it. Boston is a better team. You're only hope, HJ, is that you somehow get more secondary scoring than Boston AND Binnington outplays Rask SIGNIFICANTLY. If anybody saw my pre edited comment, I'm a little drunk on cold medicine.

Oh your a little drunk all right. A LOT DRUNK.  The Blues are the better team and proved it since January.   Gee, you do not seem to remember the domination by a team called Tampa in the East.  NOT BOSTON.  The Blues are not only deeper, but have Teresenko and Schwartz, two guys that are far better than anyone Boston can muster up.  Not even close.  Teresenko and Schwartz are both beasts

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have a box of tissues for you to wipe away your tears after you lose.

You will be drinking Martini's with Tropical Fruit Girl who could not bash the Blues enough. Now her Lightning are toast and so are the rest of the West.  You have come on here many times hating Boston and now you are backing them.  Its quite a joke

I took Bruins in 6. I really can't see the Blues doing it. I think the Bruins simply have more mental and physical toughness. The Blues will get sucked in to Boston's style, and no one in the league is as good as the Broons at that..... 

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You will be drinking Martini's with Tropical Fruit Girl who could not bash the Blues enough. Now her Lightning are toast and so are the rest of the West.  You have come on here many times hating Boston and now you are backing them.  Its quite a joke

The joke is on you drinkin the Blue Kool Aid. I prefer Sam Adams. They can beat your team playing any style:  physical, skating, speed - unlike Dallas, Winnipeg or San Jose. 

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

It's not about hating or backing them.

I just call it like I see it.

I think they are the better team overall.

You don't have to like or agree with it.

At the end of the day it will get settled.

It's why they play the games.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, ruxpin said:

....and most importantly sat Jake Allen, the fraud, down in favor of a rookie playing out of his mind.

Extremely important facet of their turnaround.  Team had no confidence in front of Jake.  Totally changed when Binnington stepped in.  Biggest factor in their run without question.

Man....a lot of testosterone around here.

Edited by BlueAero

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

The joke is on you drinkin the Blue Kool Aid. I prefer Sam Adams. They can beat your team playing any style:  physical, skating, speed - unlike Dallas, Winnipeg or San Jose. 

Why dont you go buy a Bruins jersey and some black and gold pom poms.  I drink Guinness when I am drinking and I am not lately. But Ill be cracking a few to celebrate when they win the Cup and make guys like you look even more silly than you sound right now.  Ill take pleasure in guttin you boy!!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's not about hating or backing them.

I just call it like I see it.

I think they are the better team overall.

You don't have to like or agree with it.

At the end of the day it will get settled.

It's why they play the games.

Well we agree on something for once.  Tell FD that they will actually be playing a few games. And the Blues earned their way here. Best team since January.  Not disputable. Loaded with talent. Tough and talented.  Boston is going down

20 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well we agree on something for once.  Tell FD that they will actually be playing a few games. And the Blues earned their way here. Best team since January.  Not disputable. Loaded with talent. Tough and talented.  Boston is going down

And i'm not saying the Blues are a slouch or anything, the Bruins will need their A game to beat them.

The Blues are a very talented deep team and deserve to be where they are. This will be a great match up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And i'm not saying the Blues are a slouch or anything, the Bruins will need their A game to beat them.

The Blues are a very talented deep team and deserve to be where they are. This will be a great match up.

I expect the Boston team Toronto met after this killer layoff

2 hours ago, BlueAero said:

Man....a lot of testosterone around here.

Welcome to the nut house .... :VeryCool:

I guarantee you will be entertained.... oh and by the way... welcome to our little corner of the internet.:cheers:

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Why dont you go buy a Bruins jersey and some black and gold pom poms.  I drink Guinness when I am drinking and I am not lately. But Ill be cracking a few to celebrate when they win the Cup and make guys like you look even more silly than you sound right now.  Ill take pleasure in guttin you boy!!!!

I really have no idea how this series will play out.  Both teams have size, grit and match up quite well for a long series.  

So 7 games it is.  Looking forward to some great hockey.

I have a preference for the Blues to win, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Bruins the title.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The 2nd line center i give the edge to O'Reilly over Krejci even though it's close.

O'Reilly is probably the best (or second best next to Bergeron) defensive forward in the league (a Selke finalist in fact).  Two different types of players from my view so tough to compare them head-to-head.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

But Bergeron is a huge boost over Schenn i think. No matter it will play out regardless of what we think.

Likewise, you cannot compare Bergeron to a player like Schenn.  Bergeron is unquestionably the better player overall and by a wide margin.  However, Schenn plays a much different role on his team than Bergeron does.  When the Chief took over, he wanted Schenn to be more of a banger, a board-hugger and puck-digger who can play down low and crash the net much as Pat Maroon does.  Luckily for us, Schenn is versatile and big enough to play that role and he has done a great job complementing his higher-scoring linemates.  But to compare him to Bergeron just because they match up as far as line-depth position goes is really a non-sequitur.  They play vastly different roles. 

I do have a dark-horse x-factor for the Blues who seems to be emerging into his own at just the right time however and that is 22-year-old left-winger Sammy Blais.  This kid is really coming on as both a serious physical force and a guy with a monster shot.  Could be a difference maker.

I have to stick with Blues in six no matter what.  This fairy-tale season is not complete without us winning the Cup (at home) and sometimes intangibles you don't see on the stat sheet can become major factors.  I won't be shocked if Boston wins and solid arguments can be made when you break things down about how they are the better team.  I just feel like we've captured lightning in a bottle and this is our year.  At least, I damn sure hope so.       

Edited by BlueAero
Grammatical

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

4aN-2yLm?format=jpg&name=600x314

I saw this live back then.  I watched the entire series.  And even though it was a sweep, the Blues played them tough every game. This goal from memory was in OT of game 4, the Cup winner by Orr.  Jacque Plante in goal.  Red Berenson and the Plaguer brothers were on that Blues team.  Barclay was the best and I believe he is now deceased.  His brother ii around and watching every game. Cheering for the current Blues team.  This Blues team is in with far better chance, though Vegas odds are fat and that is fine with me.  These Bruins have no Orr or Esposito.  These Blues have Teresenko and Schwartz.  To me the best two forwards easily in this series.  Pietrangelo and Parayko are better than anyone Boston has

11 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I had to listen to your sorry ass tell me how Winnipeg, Dallas and San Jose would beat them.  You were wrong all times and you will be wrong again. You would not be a guy I would take on a bank heist or to Vegas.