Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Confrontational

Penguins, Wild discussing Kessel deal

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I just don’t understand the need to move Zucker. 

If a good offer is made sure. 

If you can get younger, faster, cheaper sure. 

But it seems fenton wants to move him just to get rid of him, and I just don’t see why. 

 

Based on Fenton’s other moves, it seems like he just does stuff to do it. So it makes perfect sense to move Zucker because hockey. 

  • Uggh... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

 

Based on Fenton’s other moves, it seems like he just does stuff to do it. So it makes perfect sense to move Zucker because hockey. 

Ouch!  The plus side to this is the next GM should have high draft picks, because this team will be bad. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Ouch!  The plus side to this is the next GM should have high draft picks, because this team will be bad. 

Doesn’t matter how high a draft pick they have if they keep the same inept scouting department in place. 

  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Doesn’t matter how high a draft pick they have if they keep the same inept scouting department in place. 

Come on Illa, I was trying to see the bright side of a bad situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kessel is basically Parise when comparing stats with the exception that the last 3 years Phil has gotten better well Parise continues his tumble down the mountain. With that said I am glad Kessel voided the trade.

 

At this point I feel horrible for Zucker. Twice now he was going to be traded to only be voided at the last second. What makes it worse is this is happening to a player who could be argued is a pretty good player who just had a down year last year who the GM is hellbent on trading. I can't imagine what that is doing to Zucker mentally but also what players are thinking when they look at this team. I know if I was a player I would look at this team like Kessel did. I would also question why they are trading away their younger core guys that actually provided for this team. Honestly, the guys they need to trade either have crazy contracts with NTC/MTC and give production that is towards the bottom or just have crazy NTC/MTC that even if they could trade what team would pick them up?

 

I think the Kessel ordeal might be the best for this franchise. Hopefully this opens the door for more big name players to say the same thing. This franchise needs a rebuild. They need to know that they are no where near just a tweak or two away. They need to see the roster is a failure and hanging their hats on the likes of Parise, Suter and Koivu has done nothing for this franchise.The scouts need to go and get new guys in. The GM needs to go as it's clear as the blue skies that he has no idea what he really is doing. I keep hearing we want the team younger and faster so your solution is trade your fastest guy who is younger for a older player who is way slower? Trade guys like Nino for a Rask? It didn't even take Fenton a year to look bad. I didn't like Fletcher but at least he tried to make trades that made sense to try and improve the team. Fenton looks like he is making trades cause he can tie his shoes. No rhyme or reason for them. Just trade. Also get hellbent on dropping one player for no particular reason.

 

What do I think needs to be done? Fire Fenton first. He has no direction and to have a captain with no direction lead a already lost ship just spells disaster. Second, talk to Bruce and tell him that we are going to go to a rebuild. Ask him if he would be on board with a main focus of developing the young guys. Let him know you will be burying the vets to 4th line minutes and give the young guys the prime minutes and key situation minutes and see how they handle it. Three go talk to Kaprizov and tell him you would like to build the franchise around him. Butter him up and make him want to come to this team during a rebuild. Fourth, explain to the fans that a rebuild is needed and going to happen but we have a game plan in place and know the pieces we will build around and know what pieces to get to complete this process. Fifth, if you get any vets it's guys that have been proven to be a big positive locker room presence that have shown in the past that will take guys under their wing to help develop them. 

 

We just can't doing the band aid on the bone sticking through the skin ordeal. that has been going on since the day they signed Parise and Suter.  It needs to change. If they continue for another 6 years the way they are doing it now the Wild are going to be in some extremely serious trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Webster's Hockey Reference Guide: Phil Kessel; see Dany Heatley, Alexander Daigle.

 

Daigle wasn't that bad for the Wild.  We had him on a 3-way contract because we didn't want to overpay him if we felt he was only able to play in the ECHL.  Heatley had a good season, but then it was pretty ugly the last few years.  Kessel...he still has talent and scoring ability and even speed.  But it simply doesn't make sense adding a 32-year old winger when supposedly you're trying to get younger.  It was another 'cheese' move by an organization that can't help itself or does it have any idea what its doing.  Its honestly like watching a really poor fantasy hockey league team where you see that one person that can't help themselves from selecting Wild players to fill up the roster spots because they're so much of a homer.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 12:49 PM, Icechipper said:

Webster's Hockey Reference Guide: Phil Kessel; see Dany Heatley, Alexander Daigle.

 

The thing with Heatley was to get out of the Martin Havlat contract. Heatley made about a million more per season but his contract expired a year before Havlat's did. The dollar amounts were roughly the same, just that the Wild got out of a bad contract situation a year sooner than they would have if they kept Havlat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent article by 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
  in the Athletic about Paul Fenton not learning from his mistakes of selling low.  Here's an excerpt...

 

While a majority of the league is moving towards using data to better assess player value, the Wild seem to be moving away from it considering the deals they’ve already made and the deals they may make going forward. While other teams are bolstering their analytics staffs, Minnesota has instead squandered the huge competitive advantage of hiring talent early by letting Andrew C. Thomas go earlier this year and seeing Alexandra Mandrycky walk shortly after – two WAR On Ice alums and some of the brightest minds in the business.

The strangest part of it all is not just how easily avoidable this all can be with a deeper look under the hood, but that it’s a mistake the team should have already learned from after dealing Niederreiter. The Wild may be right to trade Zucker considering the team looks destined for a rebuild, but not when his value is at its lowest and not for a return disproportionate to said value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4Check said:

Excellent article by 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
  in the Athletic about Paul Fenton not learning from his mistakes of selling low.  Here's an excerpt...

 

While a majority of the league is moving towards using data to better assess player value, the Wild seem to be moving away from it considering the deals they’ve already made and the deals they may make going forward. While other teams are bolstering their analytics staffs, Minnesota has instead squandered the huge competitive advantage of hiring talent early by letting Andrew C. Thomas go earlier this year and seeing Alexandra Mandrycky walk shortly after – two WAR On Ice alums and some of the brightest minds in the business.

The strangest part of it all is not just how easily avoidable this all can be with a deeper look under the hood, but that it’s a mistake the team should have already learned from after dealing Niederreiter. The Wild may be right to trade Zucker considering the team looks destined for a rebuild, but not when his value is at its lowest and not for a return disproportionate to said value.

 

But he's the Smartest Guy in the Room...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fenton is an arrogant dip$hit.  I have already had enough of his pathetic trades and single first round pick.  This guy was the definitive botched hire.  Just because he came from a solid Preds front office, doesn't mean he was a capable executive.  CL must have really screwed the pooch on this interview, and demonstrated his past bias and affiliation with Preds organization in lieu of any objectivity and discernment with a very important hire.  I actually would RATHER have Fletcher at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Fenton is an arrogant dip$hit.  I have already had enough of his pathetic trades and single first round pick.  This guy was the definitive botched hire.  Just because he came from a solid Preds front office, doesn't mean he was a capable executive.  CL must have really screwed the pooch on this interview, and demonstrated his past bias and affiliation with Preds organization in lieu of any objectivity and discernment with a very important hire.  I actually would RATHER have Fletcher at this point.

Unfortunately CL wanted a yes man who was in agreement that the wild were just a few minor adjustments away from winning the cup. Fenton told CL exactly what he wanted to hear which was that CL was the smartest person in the room (moronically) and that his playoff beard was coming in nicely (looks more like a goats nutsack). Fenton is consistently getting fleeced trade by trade by more qualified GM's and judging from last year's first round pick CL shouldn't trust Fenton to pick his own nose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He he, looks like Cheeseburger Phil 🍔 is interested in the Coyotes over the Wild...apparently it’s Phil to the Yotes for Galchenyuk and ARI 2017 #1 Pierre-Oliver Joseph...

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May he enjoy his large orange drink, double cheeseburger and onion rings in the warmth of Arizona:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, lynxrattle said:

May he enjoy his large orange drink, double cheeseburger and onion rings in the warmth of Arizona:

 

 

Boy Freddie Mercury had a short fuse eh?

Edited by Antti_Laxative
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      Yet surprisingly he didn't want to come to a team that already has its own TOXIC culture.  Maybe he didn't want to compete to be the most toxic element on the team.  Either way, I wasn't mad at all when I heard the trade got nixed.  As for @IllaZilla comment, he's 100% correct.  Fenton is hellbent on trading him.  IMO, it'd be smarter to keep him around for at least one more season and see if he can rebound and raise his trade value a bit.  But instead we're going to sell low.  
    • 3
      Post
      Fenton has no idea what he is doing
    • 2
      Post
      Cross your fingers, apparently the Wild are on Kessel's NO TRADE list and he doesn't sound like he is willing to waive it...there may be hope yet...
    • 2
      Post
      Another fortunate trade where someone managed to veto it.  As much as I'd love to see Victor Rask to go; losing Zucker for Kessel and Jack Johnson is a big mistake.  Older, arguably slower...and more expensive.  The younger and faster mantra is just BS spin for his previous crappy trades.  The truth is he is just flying by the seat of his pants or ownership is trying to push all of his Wisconsin' buttons because Suter thinks its a great idea.     By the way, let Kessel stay Pittsburgh'
    • 2
      Post
      Ouch!  The plus side to this is the next GM should have high draft picks, because this team will be bad. 
    • 2
      Post
      Daigle wasn't that bad for the Wild.  We had him on a 3-way contract because we didn't want to overpay him if we felt he was only able to play in the ECHL.  Heatley had a good season, but then it was pretty ugly the last few years.  Kessel...he still has talent and scoring ability and even speed.  But it simply doesn't make sense adding a 32-year old winger when supposedly you're trying to get younger.  It was another 'cheese' move by an organization that can't help itself or does it have any id
×
×
  • Create New...