2019 HF.net NHL Mock Draft Sign Up

pilldoc

2019 HF.NET NHL MOCK DRAFT   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in this years HF.net 2019 NHL Mock Draft

• Yes - Definitely I wouldn't miss it
    • No
    • Maybe

Good Morning Everyone,

With the Stanley cup Finals soon to start as we head towards the end of May and with the celebration of Memorial Day,  that means we are not to far off from that annual right of passage for some Junior Hockey players known as the 2019 NHL Draft.

In a few short weeks from now, the 2019 NHL Entry Draft will be the 57th NHL Entry Draft. . The draft will be held on June 21–22, 2019 at Rogers Arenain Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

As we have done in years past, we here at HF.net have held our own mock draft.  If you are are interested in participating in this years mock Draft, please sign up below and answer the poll question listed above.  To all our new members from the Wild Forum, we welcome the opportunity for you to join us. ( example: 2017 Mock Draft)

When signing up, please list 2 or 3 teams whom you would like to pick for.  I will try to honor all requests but do realize that it is impossible to honor all those requests.  Ideally we would love to have as many members participate as possible.  If not then some will be picking twice or three times.

Here are the rules:

1. The draft window will be about 6-8 hours. (of course, there will be flexibility but try to stay on schedule possible).  We do allow and understand tolerances for work schedules and family events. 
  2. Try to make the pick as realistic as possible. (Don't purposely let a Hughes or Kakko drop to #24 or #25. There of course, will be some surprise drops)
  3. There are NO TRADES. (we all know trades can happen, but it is too complicated for all parties involved)
  4.  @hf101and @pilldoc will try to have a running draft order on the HF..net Draft page so everyone knows who has been picked.  A sidebar table will also be visible on the Activity Page.  I will also list it below.
  5. After you have made your selection, please use the @(mention members name) function to notify the next person on the draft order that they are now the clock.
  6. Have fun with it.  Remember there is no right or wrong answer here.  If you disagree with someone's pick then discuss it and make a case why you think the pick is not in the best interest of that team.
  7. Please use this thread exclusively for your picks and discussion.
  8. When making your selection, please include a GM or scout-like quote about that player and stating why you selected him. Videos are also nice to add to your write-up.

We would like to have a confirmation of all participants by June 7th, with the Mock Draft stating around the 10th.  (I understand the SCF may or may not be over by then, but we will adjust on the fly for the last two spots in the draft order) That gives me enough time to list the Draft Order of all of those participating.

# NHL Team
1 New Jersey Devils
2 New York Rangers
3 Chicago Blackhawks
4 Colorado Avalanche (from Ottawa)1
5 Los Angeles Kings
6 Detroit Red Wings
7 Buffalo Sabres
8 Edmonton Oilers
9 Anaheim Ducks
10 Vancouver Canucks
11 Philadelphia Flyers
12 Minnesota Wild
13 Florida Panthers
14 Arizona Coyotes
15 Montreal Canadiens
16 Colorado Avalanche
17 Vegas Golden Knights
18 Dallas Stars
19 Ottawa Senators (from Columbus)2
20 New York Rangers (from Winnipeg)3
21 Pittsburgh Penguins
22 Los Angeles Kings (from Toronto)4
23 New York Islanders
24 Nashville Predators
25 Washington Capitals
26 Calgary Flames
27 Tampa Bay Lightning
28 Carolina Hurricanes
29 Buffalo Sabres (from San Jose)5
30 Boston or  St. Louis
31 Boston or  St. Louis

TEAMS IN BOLD HAVE MULTIPLE PICKS IN 1st ROUND - Ideally we should have same person do both picks.

Notes
  1. The Ottawa Senators' first-round pick will go to the Colorado Avalanche as the result of a trade on November 5, 2017 that sent Matt Duchene to Ottawa in exchange for Kyle Turris, Shane Bowers, Andrew Hammond, a third-round pick in 2019 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[7] The condition – Colorado will receive a first-round pick in 2019 if the Senators' first-round pick in 2018 is inside the top ten selections and the Senators decide to defer the pick to 2019[8] – was converted on June 22, 2018.
  2. The Columbus Blue Jackets' first-round pick will go to the Ottawa Senators as the result of a trade on February 22, 2019 that sent Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman to Columbus in exchange for Vitalii Abramov, Jonathan Davidsson, a conditional first-round pick in 2020 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[9] The condition – Ottawa will receive a first-round pick in 2019 if the Blue Jackets' first-round pick is outside of the top three selections in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft – was converted when the Blue Jackets clinched a spot in the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs on April 5, 2019.
  3. The Winnipeg Jets' first-round pick will go to the New York Rangers as the result of a trade on February 25, 2019 that sent Kevin Hayes to Winnipeg in exchange for Brendan Lemieux, a conditional fourth-round pick in 2022 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[10] The condition – New York will receive a first-round pick in 2019 if the Jets first-round pick in 2019 is outside of the first three selections – was converted when the Jets qualified for the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs on March 23, 2019.[11]
  4. The Toronto Maple Leafs' first-round pick will go to the Los Angeles Kings as the result of a trade on January 28, 2019 that sent Jake Muzzin to Toronto in exchange for Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi and this pick.[12]
  5. The San Jose Sharks' first-round pick will go to the Buffalo Sabres as the result of a trade on February 26, 2018 that sent Evander Kane to San Jose in exchange for Danny O'Regan, a conditional fourth-round pick in 2019 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[13] The condition – Buffalo will receive a first-round pick in 2019 if Kane re-signs with the Sharks for the 2018–19 NHL season[14] and if the Sharks qualify for the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs – was converted on May 24, 2018 and March 19, 2019, respectively.[15]
  6. The St. Louis Blues' first-round pick will go to the Buffalo Sabres as the result of a trade on July 1, 2018 that sent Ryan O'Reilly to St. Louis in exchange for Vladimir Sobotka, Patrik Berglund, Tage Thompson, a second-round pick in 2021 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[16] The condition – Buffalo will receive a first-round pick in 2019 if the Blues first-round pick is outside of the top ten selections in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft[17] – was converted when the Blues qualified for the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs on March 29, 2019.[18]

Thank You for your participation.  We had a blast last year and I expect nothing different this year.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

~doc

Edited by pilldoc

I'm in.  Will draft for any team.

With this caveat:   my work and commute schedule could cause a delay.  If it becomes as much as an hour, please @pilldoc or @hf101 draft my slot in the interest of keeping it moving.    Once you let me know a team, I can even give one or both of you a top 3-4 names for that slot if you want to keep it with what I would pick (it's okay either way).

• Like 2

Here is the tentative order subject to change if a few more folks kindy decide to pick a team.  We will start the draft Sunday morning sometime June 9th.   Draft picks can easily be 6-8 hours apart as we have until June 22nd to complete this to accommodate work and family activities.   Let me know if there are any major conflicts.  

I ask that as before write a few sentences as to why the pick is good for your team, some attributes of his skillset, a video, picture, etc, and a quote or two from various experts.  Have fun.

1. New Jersey Devils - @BobbyClarkeFan16
2. New York Rangers - @bbgarnett
3. Chicago Blackhawks - @AJgoal
4. Colorado Avalanche (from Ottawa Senators) - @hf101
5. Los Angeles Kings - @FD19372
6. Detroit Red Wings - @yave1964
7. Buffalo Sabres - @ruxpin
8. Edmonton Oilers - @OccamsRazor
9. Anaheim Ducks - @Hale
10. Vancouver Canucks - @bbgarnett
11. Philadelphia Flyers - @BobbyClarkeFan16
12. Minnesota Wild - @CreaseAndAssist
13. Florida Panthers - @FD19372
14. Arizona Coyotes - @AJgoal
15. Montreal Canadiens - @Hale
16. Colorado Avalanche - @hf101
17. Vegas Golden Knights - @pilldoc
18. Dallas Stars - @yave1964
19. Ottawa Senators (from Columbus Blue Jackets) - @CreaseAndAssist
20. New York Rangers (from Winnipeg Jets) - @bbgarnett
21. Pittsburgh Penguins - @pilldoc
22. Los Angeles Kings (from Toronto Maple Leafs) - @FD19372
23. New York Islanders - @OccamsRazor
24. Nashville Predators - @yave1964
25. Washington Capitals - @BobbyClarkeFan16
26. Calgary Flames - @CreaseAndAssist
27. Tampa Bay Lightning - @hf101
28. Carolina Hurricanes - @yave1964
29. Anaheim Ducks @Hale
30. Buffalo Sabres @ruxpin
31. Boston Bruins @pilldoc

• Like 1

Is there a time you want to start the draft at? As well, when we make our selection, I think we should PM the next person on the list to let them know they're on the clock. Seeing as to how I'm number one (hehehe.....thank god not a 'number 2' -> bathroom humour rules), I can make my selection immediately because I know who I'm going to start with.

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Is there a time you want to start the draft at? As well, when we make our selection, I think we should PM the next person on the list to let them know they're on the clock. Seeing as to how I'm number one (hehehe.....thank god not a 'number 2' -> bathroom humour rules), I can make my selection immediately because I know who I'm going to start with.

I think we should start sometime Sunday morning.  I'm going to put up a new topic for the draft itself this morning with the details.  I still have to get the table up on the site home page too and finish setting up the final page  https://www.hockeyforums.net/1/2019-hf.net-mock-draft/     Also, just an fyi for everyone, I will be away for most of Sunday afternoon to early evening so some of the updating won't be done right away, and @pilldoc is away also.

I will be gone until Monday evening. I have the 2nd pick so really shouldn't have an issue deciding who's name to put down. Might be very basic at first just a name until I get home and can put in some better info/write up in. Also We'll see if we get to the 10th pick by Monday evening or not. If we do then that'll be just a name as well until I get home. 

Edited by bbgarnett

19 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

I will be gone until Monday evening. I have the 2nd pick so really shouldn't have an issue deciding who's name to put down. Might be very basic at first just a name until I get home and can put in some better info/write up in. Also We'll see if we get to the 10th pick by Monday evening or not. If we do then that'll be just a name as well until I get home. 

I'll send you a PM shortly