Potential moves for Flyers

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh this guy...

I can't say I'm a big fan of trading away one of the league's best offensive dmen for a 25th pick with one game of NHL experience. It's going to take a bit more than one hat trick for me to be okay with that idea.

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I can't say I'm a big fan of trading away one of the league's best offensive dmen for a 25th pick with one game of NHL experience. It's going to take a bit more than one hat trick for me to be okay with that idea.

25th pick shouldn't have much to do with it...Giroux was the 26th and TK the 24th....hell Ghost was a 3rd rounder.

Poeling has been in school for the last 3 years and is going to be good....so it would be a a very nice return as well as add some cap relief on his entry level deal (free up 3.5 mill per) the next two years and would be expansion exempt so if they were to lose Patrick they could still have him and Frost to fill the need....and he has experience playing RW.

Not saying the have to move Ghost but if they did i want something nice in return.

Edited by OccamsRazor

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Vancouver has Jake Virtanen would be a nice fit in the RW hole on the 3rd....but i'm not doing that straight up.

Jake has some proven still to do...his best season has been 15 goals and 10 assist for a simple 25 points.

So they would have to throw a 2nd in there for me....Oilers don't really have anything i want now after all the signings now.

Montreal i would ask for Ryan Poehling as the piece coming back and i really don't want to trade him within the East.

What about Boeser from Vancouver

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well yeah but i don't think they want to move their future #1 center...within reason is what i'm thinking...

What else are they adding to the package?

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

What else are they adding to the package?

Not sure but i don't they happen straight up....it wouldn't make sense for them to make a hole at center going after Ghost.

Unless they plan on throwing a lot of money at Duchene....and then were would the Flyers put Kotkaniemi???

Pull off another trade??? When does it end. But then again ya neva know they traded for Weber...

Forgive me I have not been on this site for some time and I have been keeping track of what has been going on with the team.

I know everyone is going nuts over the Hayes contract which I agree makes me extremely nervous but only time will tell and Hayes better be at least a 60-65 point player "dreaming" to make that contract seem fair. 

My question though is, and I am seeing it everywhere and that is why is everyone so quick on the trigger to trade Ghost? You can never have enough good possibly great dmen and he will only get better in my opinion.

So why trade him? I am also seeing people wanting to trade Konecny if the Flyers where in on Marner.

I am sorry you keep Konecny, as much as I love Patrick but I would not doubt rather trade him than TK all things being equal.

Edited by Philly29

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure but i don't they happen straight up....it wouldn't make sense for them to make a hole at center going after Ghost.

Unless they plan on throwing a lot of money at Duchene....and then were would the Flyers put Kotkaniemi???

Pull off another trade??? When does it end. But then again ya neva know they traded for Weber...

I was asking re: Poehling.

I think if they sign a backup goalie Chuck needs to flip Lyon somewhere for whatever he can get.

With Sandstrom and Ustimenko in the AHL there really is no need to keep Lyon around...unless they prefer to keep him and just let someone take him off waivers for free...regardless his 750K could go towards signing Hart's backup.

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hopefully a draft pick or two...I am not wanting to trade Ghost just to trade him.

I would rather keep him.

A 3rw and a couple picks would be a terrible return for ghost.

A 3rw and a couple picks would be a terrible return for ghost.

Poehling has way much more potential than a 3rd line RW...he will be a 2nd line center for sure. 

And the draft picks could be a 1st rounder, 2nd or more it's just a guesstimate...it's more hypothetical at this point.

But Poehling is going to be a very good top 6 forward. Besides Ek has Ghost maybe to the Jets for Ehlers...

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Poehling has way much more potential than a 3rd line RW...he will be a 2nd line center for sure. 

And the draft picks could be a 1st rounder, 2nd or more it's just a guesstimate...it's more hypothetical at this point.

But Poehling is going to be a very good top 6 forward. Besides Ek has Ghost maybe to the Jets for Ehlers...

A potential 2rw is not a good starting point for a puck moving defenseman who has shown that he can be one of the elite power play quarterbacks in the league. This is exactly what I mean by losing a Ghost trade badly.

• Like 2

A potential 2rw is not a good starting point for a puck moving defenseman who has shown that he can be one of the elite power play quarterbacks in the league. This is exactly what I mean by losing a Ghost trade badly.

We'll have to agree to disagree and 2nd line center and a 1st round pick would have saved them 50 mill this upcoming season.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We'll have to agree to disagree and 2nd line center and a 1st round pick would have saved them 50 mill this upcoming season.

By that logic, you could have just rolled with Patrick and Frost and then you still haven't traded Ghost.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

By that logic, you could have just rolled with Patrick and Frost and then you still haven't traded Ghost.

Those two still have some developing to do.

Ryan may too but i think he is closer than Patrick is he has spent the last 3 year playing against 21-22 year men old on St. Cloud's top line.

I'm just think ahead this would even give them the chance to move on from Patrick when they have seen enough.

But hey it's a pipe dream, Montreal thinks highly of this kid and i'm sure doesn't want to give him away just yet. 

But when Poehling blows up remember i mentioned his name and what might have been...Montreal will roll another year with their current depth before they move guys around maybe....eventually you will see Kotkaniemi on the top line LW being center by Poehling with Gallagher on the RW. And if i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

Domi will be the 2nd line center and Phillip Danault will center the 3rd. 

But sure i would have rolled the dice with Couturier Poehling Patrick Laughton down the center.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But sure i would have rolled the dice with Couturier Poehling Patrick Laughton down the center.

Again, I get that *you* would do that, but there was absolutely no chance that Fletcher was going to trade for a 2C with even less experience than Patrick. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Philly29 said:

I know everyone is going nuts over the Hayes contract which I agree makes me extremely nervous but only time will tell and Hayes better be at least a 60-65 point player "dreaming" to make that contract seem fair. 

Agree that time will tell re: Hayes.  It looks like a bit of an overpayment now, but if he produces the way you suggest, plays a solid two way game and gets PK time, I think he will earn his contract - at least in the first four years.  After that, it's a bit of a gamble.  But face that issue if and when they come to it.  Can we prospectively trade years 4-7 of his contract to Arizona now? 

My question though is, and I am seeing it everywhere and that is why is everyone so quick on the trigger to trade Ghost? You can never have enough good possibly great dmen and he will only get better in my opinion.

Too many bodies on the defense.  Of the pieces the Flyers could part with, Ghost is probably the one that would fetch the most return to help the offense (maybe a RW?).  

So why trade him? I am also seeing people wanting to trade Konecny if the Flyers where in on Marner.

If trading Konecny (plus more stuff) means getting Marner, I do that in a second.  And I love Konecny.  It also works since both Marner and Konecny are RW, whereas Patrick is a C and the Leafs are set at C.  I so wish the Leafs would take back JVR in a trade for Marner (obviously not one for one).

So the Canes are shopping Sebastian Aho because he turned down 6 mill per season....to bad the have already signed Hayes i would be all over this  and would have given him Hayes' contract...wonder what they want for him???

I'd give them Nolan Patrick...

22 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Man I Hope so, this team needs what Ghost currently brings and most importantly what he will bring to this team as he matures and improves.

Any team willing to trade a player like Ghost and the type of player I Pray he will turn out to be is simply out of there mind. 

Edited by Philly29

The Devils got Subban for peanuts.

So the Devils got Subban and Hughes (1st overall) to add to Hischier (1st overall) and Hall (1st overall).

Rangers got Kakko (2nd overall) and Trouba (9th overall).

If the Panthers get Panarin and Bob, they will also have made a major upgrade.

Flyers got Hayes, Niskanen and Braun.

As it stands right now, where do we slot in the East? Not liking the way this summer has shaped up so far.