Potential moves for Flyers

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jeeze i hope a 2nd at least...and just take the cap relief...

CDP is even more of a simmering bag of anger than I am. He's awesome.

• Like 1

Not sure why the FLyers would want Kadri or Nylander at this point? 

The Leafs Explore Gostisbehere Possibility...

The Flyers have a definite interest in both Nylander and Kadri....the Canadiens are also interested in trading for Ghost...I keep getting told 
Source: Eklund

Edited by brelic

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Not sure why the FLyers would want Kadri or Nylander at this point? 

The Leafs Explore Gostisbehere Possibility...

The Flyers have a definite interest in both Nylander and Kadri....the Canadiens are also interested in trading for Ghost...I keep getting told 
Source: Eklund

That makes no sense....oh wait it does it's Eklund.

I could see them interested in Johnsson or Kapenen but not the other two centers.

Unless they would like to convert a center to a winger.

I'm probably the minority, but I'd have no problems with Nylander. The Flyers currently don't have three deep on the right side and Nylander would be a great fit with his playmaking ability. Give him the big body in Hayes and the shooter in JVR and line 2 could be difficult to contain.

Ghost for Nylander straight up? It's not awful.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Annoyed 1

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It is when you consider we just signed another guy to way too much money and term. Having two such players around will only exacerbate our emerging cap issues.

On that note, it seems amazing to me we're talking about potential cap issues in the near future. I feel like that's a convo we just haven't had in such a long time. We were always on the other side of the fence in fact.

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they are at 17.1 mill left to play with.

Left to sign

Provorov

Konecny

Laughton

backup goalie

I don't think Bailey and Varone get offered a contract. Bailey maybe could be offered an AHL deal.

Who's next??? Moving Hagg could free up another 1.1 mill.

BUMP!

Seen this coming.

Flyers decline to extend a qualifying offer to Justin Bailey. He is now a UFA.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Wow after watching this video is was erie how much this kid looked like his dad...

...even has his dad's cely down pat...

I don't think his dad was as much of a puck hog though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm probably the minority, but I'd have no problems with Nylander. The Flyers currently don't have three deep on the right side and Nylander would be a great fit with his playmaking ability. Give him the big body in Hayes and the shooter in JVR and line 2 could be difficult to contain.

If there's an NHL player more ascared  of body contact than Nylander I haven't seen him. He makes Phil Kessel look like, well...the 2nd scaredest.

Ya, that's awful.

I want a team built for the playoffs...not built for a great regular season and one short playoff round.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I don't think his dad was as much of a puck hog though.

Oh the kid is a puck hog?

Well he is fresh out of high school right and a lot of guys who are the best on the team have been labeled that before.

Can't say I know anything about the kid except who his dad is.

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

On that note, it seems amazing to me we're talking about potential cap issues in the near future. I feel like that's a convo we just haven't had in such a long time. We were always on the other side of the fence in fact.

Fletched again.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Oh the kid is a puck hog?

Well he is fresh out of high school right and a lot of guys who are the best on the team have been labeled that before.

Can't say I know anything about the kid except who his dad is.

I just watched that replay...I think his third goal?  He could have...should have passed the puck a couple times but held on.

Maybe Danny was like that in high school too...

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I just watched that replay...I think his third goal?  He could have...should have passed the puck a couple times but held on.

Maybe Danny was like that in high school too...

Sometimes I wish the Flyers had a puck hog that means someone actually WANTS the puck it seems to me they are the complete opposite all they do is look for someone to pass it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

They were at $1.3M in space at the end of 17-18. At the end of 16-17 it was just $51.6K. The year before that it was just under $1M.

This year: $8.6M. Essentially the first time in recent memory they didn't have cap issues.

It's almost like there was a plan.

Was...

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If there's an NHL player more ascared  of body contact than Nylander I haven't seen him. He makes Phil Kessel look like, well...the 2nd scaredest.

Ya, that's awful.

I want a team built for the playoffs...not built for a great regular season and one short playoff round.

The entire Toronto team was a team that couldn't take a pounding. I'm not worried about the 'physicality' factor because I think you need those finesse guys as well. That's why I said you put Nylander on a line with a couple of heavies and it gives him room to operate.

Patrick Kane is one of the least physical players in the game and he's got his name on the Stanley Cup three times. You can still win and not have to take a beating.....

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sometimes I wish the Flyers had a puck hog that means someone actually WANTS the puck it seems to me they are the complete opposite all they do is look for someone to pass it too.

Well it looks like there's some guys who can score coming soon. I wouldn't call any of them puck hogs...though Ratcliffe certainly prefers to shoot.

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The entire Toronto team was a team that couldn't take a pounding. I'm not worried about the 'physicality' factor because I think you need those finesse guys as well. That's why I said you put Nylander on a line with a couple of heavies and it gives him room to operate.

Patrick Kane is one of the least physical players in the game and he's got his name on the Stanley Cup three times. You can still win and not have to take a beating.....

There's also a difference between avoiding a beating and completely avoiding any contact whatsoever...Nylander falls in the latter. 

Nylander looks chickenshite out there.

• Like 1