Potential moves for Flyers

31 minutes ago, Clarke2Leach said:

One of many conversations about the Jets I have with my boss was about evaluating their defense.  He is not a Trouba fan (but he is a fan of the Jets).  I challenged him on Trouba and he said the next time you watch a Jets game - pay attention to how "well" he passes.  I cannot watch a Jets game without paying special attention to that now and I can say he might be the worst passer on the Jets blueline.  Second worst if Kulikov is playing.  It's really a bit of a curse that I can't not see it anymore.

Overall, Trouba seems to belong on the first pair, but I think that may speak more about how special a player Josh Morrissey is.  I hope I'm wrong, but Trouba will probably end up being one of the most overpaid d-men in the league once he signs his new contract wherever that might be.  

Well damn that doesn't sound good about Trouba.

And I mentioned about him playing with Josh being a big factor.

Flyers don't need a Mcdud do over.

HARD PASS THEN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

HARD PASS THEN.

But then again, I could be wrong.  He also strikes me as intelligence-deficient in an overall kind of way.

3 minutes ago, Clarke2Leach said:

But then again, I could be wrong.  He also strikes me as intelligence-deficient in an overall kind of way.

I think I would spend resources on Karlsson and Miller sounds safer in my mind.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HARD PASS THEN.

2 minutes ago, Clarke2Leach said:

Ok, let's not get too carried away here fellas. The kid can play hockey and is hard to play against. I know things are relative, and he clearly isn't a pure passer like yours truly, but let's keep things in perspective. Is this a decent pass, or did he just get lucky?:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Re: overpaid d-men, there's still lots of competition for that title, I think Trouba will be safe from it. 

I only say it because he's a young, 1st pair, right-hand shot, which are rare.  I also think that he's a $ over loyalty/personal preference king of guy and a general ass.  I think the number is going to be huge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, let's not get too carried away here fellas. The kid can play hockey and is hard to play against. I know things are relative, and he clearly isn't a pure passer like yours truly, but let's keep things in perspective. Is this a decent pass, or did he just get lucky?:

I mean in essence signing him to a long deal waaaay overpriced and be stuck with him like we are Mcdud.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Not saying he's McDud bad.  Just that he's a greedy. disloyal, idiot ass.  Other than that, I have nothing against him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Clarke2Leach said:

I also think that he's a $ over loyalty/personal preference king of guy and a general ass.  I think the number is going to be huge.

Don't disagree. I'm mildly shocked by my own advocacy for acquiring him TBH. I was smitten by Trouba's game his first year, because he was  unlike any other young D-man at the time. I still prefer Provy's game. Anyway, carry on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Can he do this?

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well maybe if that happens the Flyers could pursue the Karlsson idea...i would be willing to move the 11th and Ghost in a deal for him.

I just want to find another way without including Farabee, Frost or Ratcliffe. As we stated they don't have any cap to work with.

I might be willing to even take a bad short contract back...maybe in the deal. I would even be willing to move a draft pick in 2020 to help in this.

Karlsson and Miller 

for 

Ghost 

11th pick

Rubtsov

Wouldn't that be enough compensation?

In that scenario, Vegas has *added* salary (Ghost > Miller and Karlsson is an RFA). No go.

Just now, brelic said:

In that scenario, Vegas has *added* salary (Ghost > Miller and Karlsson is an RFA). No go.

As I said in the other post they would have to make more moves.

Flyers might be able to take more salary back or another contract.

But folks seem to forget Karlsson needs a new contract so how do they come up with that 8 million then?

Easier to deal with a little more over than 8 mill over....you can only be 10% over before the season starts.

Remember we can still tweak the deal.

I think we're starting to get far ahead of ourselves here with regards to some of the 'potential' deals we think might go down. Fact is, we're seeing deals in which the Flyers are giving up a ton in Gostisbehere and the 11th overall. If you're making that kind of deal, that kind of return should get you a guy like Taylor Hall. None of the players listed are Taylor Hall. 

In terms of guys like Trouba, Karlsson, etc......everything is going to be dependent on whether they agree to a contract with the Flyers first, especially Trouba. There's no way Fletcher gives up a haul for him without getting his name on a 7-8 year contract first. It's just not happening. As for Karlsson, he has no leverage in getting a 7-8 million a year deal. We can throw that out the window as well.

Right now, the best thing that Fletcher can do (and I think he will) is to have teams approach him (which from everything I've read on Twitter and the likes, that's exactly what he's doing). Make them come up with an offer and then counter from there. The fact is, as much as Fletcher and the Flyers say they need lots of pieces, they really don't need much in the grand scheme of things. A veteran defenseman who can play and drive a pairing, a back up goalie and a 2nd-3rd line center plus a right wing are the requirements. They have money, they have prospects and they have a boatload of picks. I'm certain that Fletcher and Nature Boy are relying on the scouts to help them through this and the scouts are probably going to have a large voice in the room. 

As for dealing Patrick, it's a long shot. When you consider his history with Provorov and Ivan is the future leader on the blueline, they're going to do all they can to keep him happy. Honestly, I expect the second tier of prospects like O'Brien, Allison, Laczynski, Rubtsov, etc....will be the prospects used as trade bait.

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

What about Ghost for RNH and a 3rd?

salaries are ballpark Ghost -1.5, that way he's far away and we get a guy that has lots of speed and skill and has been languishing playing for the Oil...?

2nd line center problem solved...do the playoffs require more people with a Hayes frame though ? in a copycat league how many teams will be following the Blues model or the Bruins which seems  to be speed and...luck ? I mean they play with toughness which is admirable. 

So how about Ghost for RNH + 3rd  and Patrick for Trouba? 

You end up with Ghost and Patrick for RNH, Trouba, and 3rd.

I might do that. 

I think we'll regret giving up on Patrick. 

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I think we'll regret giving up on Patrick. 

Agree

In no way do I want to trade Nolan Patrick. Unless he's in a deal for McDavid or a similar super star player. I know other pieces go in addition to Patty, but I want Patrick to be a Flyer.

I wouldn't do Patrick for Trouba.