Potential moves for Flyers

So rumor has it the Jets offered Nikolas Ehlers for one of the Canes right hand defensemen....i guess what pushed the Jets to go with Pionk instead.

Obviously for the right price Ehlers is on the block. Not sure about this kid and his disappearing act come playoffs.

Might be why Chuck is trying to free up as much money as he can...

D9Wi48FU0AAwcZP.jpg:large

Some teams are ripe for the picking i say....pick dem bones clean....

Edited by OccamsRazor

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So rumor has it the Jets offered Nikolas Ehlers for one of the Canes right hand defensemen....i guess what pushed the Jets to go with Pionk instead.

Obviously for the right price Ehlers is on the block. Not sure about this kid and his disappearing act come playoffs.

I don't hate Ehlers, but he doesn't fill a pressing need for us right now. Ghost would have to be going in order to get him I bet, and I wouldn't do that until we're sure we have a 2C. Without Ghost as a chip, our chances of getting a 2C seem slim to none.

Unless of course Hayes decides to sign. If so, then I dunno. I kind of feel like we could do better for Ghost though. Ehlers isn't my favourite.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 2

I think Ehlers for Ghost is fair when it comes to value right now...also I believe Ehlers is going to explode (in a positive way) within near future. The guy can seriously fly, handle the Puck and shoot. Yes he's had an off year and terrible playoffs but still youngish 

9 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Lol. Scott Laughton?

Lol

Yeah. I know pretty much a throw in. I'm hoping it wouldn't take much more than Ghost and #11, so hoping Laughton would do it.  Otherwise I'm going extra pick or slightly better player, but I don't really want to go much better and punch a hole in my roster. 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Lol

Yeah. I know pretty much a throw in. I'm hoping it wouldn't take much more than Ghost and #11, so hoping Laughton would do it.  Otherwise I'm going extra pick or slightly better player, but I don't really want to go much better and punch a hole in my roster. 

Maybe Laughton as the throw in on that package gets you into the top 7, but I don't think it gets you to #2 in this draft with essentially a 1A and a 1B.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol

I don't know about the #2 spot but the Canucks need a defenseman bad....so maybe they would be interested in one of the Flyers guys.

Not saying i want to move Ghost...he would cost them....but it could fetch a 3rd line RW. Jake Virtanen would be a nice starting point.

• Like 1

The Flyers really aren't in a position to pick up salary without salary going back anymore. That also means that they are all but definitely losing any probable trade that includes Ghost. It's also why I still think he may be on his way out. I'm petrified of the next move that isn't re-signing the RFAs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

The Flyers really aren't in a position to pick up salary without salary going back anymore. That also means that they are all but definitely losing any probable trade that includes Ghost. It's also why I still think he may be on his way out. I'm petrified of the next move that isn't re-signing the RFAs.

Yeah, they have room to sign their RFAs,  but taking on salary in a trade or via FA will be pushing.

You COULD possibly fit in another $6-$7M winger with trading Ghost, but it's getting really tight I would think.

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, they have room to sign their RFAs,  but taking on salary in a trade or via FA will be pushing.

You COULD possibly fit in another $6-$7M winger with trading Ghost, but it's getting really tight I would think.

And then you're almost praying neither Lindblom, Patrick, or Myers breaks out this season, because you only have 8 million plus the cap increase to pay them with.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Would they have the cap space to add Micheal Ferland for the 3rd RW spot i wonder a loud or is he looking to get paid?

33 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Why, what happened?

Cap is projecting low, 82 or less. Fliyers have 22 million in space with Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Laughton, and Hartman to sign. Plus they need two wings and a backup goalie. They gain a couple million when they demote Schlemko and Lyon, but Myers will take up most of Lyon's savings. If they move Hagg, that's up to 24 million, but it's still pretty tight, especially if you want a cushion for bonuses.

Well trying to predict Prov's contract is kind of hard not knowing what he think he deserves.

Esa Lindell signed 6 for 34.8 mill - 5.8 mill AAV

Jakob Chychrun signed 6 for 27.6 mill - 4.6 mill AAV

Nate Schmidt  signed 6 for 35.7 mill - 5.9 mill AAV

Shea Theodore signed 7 for 36.4 mill - 5.2 mill AAV

So i think it's safe to say it will cost the Flyers between 6-7 mill per. How long well that could be the sticking point too.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I like these moves, they hopefully all have some stamina. I really don't care about the money, Comcast has lots of it. These players all have played with strong leadership last season, hopefully they can bring some of that into the room. The coaching staff also brings accountability. No more spineless heartless efforts tolerated. The players cannot shrug responsibility any longer. time to step up. would love to see Kapanen poached from Toronto, they will be in cap hell when the Marner deal is announced. His dad was a great character player, if his son is anything like him he would be a great add. 

Konecny should be easier to predict.

Jakob Silfverberg signed 5 for 26.2 mill - 5.2 mill AAV

Teuvo Teravainen signed 5 for 27 mill - 5.4 mill AAV

Alex Tuch signed 7 for 32.5 mill - 4.7 mill AAV

So around 5 mill for TK.

WOW....I really need to start watching more Hockey.

I literally have NO IDEA who any of these players are....(okay I know Shea Theodore and Chychrun)

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Konecny should be easier to predict.

Jakob Silfverberg signed 5 for 26.2 mill - 5.2 mill AAV

Teuvo Teravainen signed 5 for 27 mill - 5.4 mill AAV

Alex Tuch signed 7 for 32.5 mill - 4.7 mill AAV

So around 5 mill for TK.

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well trying to predict Prov's contract is kind of hard not knowing what he think he deserves.

Esa Lindell signed 6 for 34.8 mill - 5.8 mill AAV

Jakob Chychrun signed 6 for 27.6 mill - 4.6 mill AAV

Nate Schmidt  signed 6 for 35.7 mill - 5.9 mill AAV

Shea Theodore signed 7 for 36.4 mill - 5.2 mill AAV

So i think it's safe to say it will cost the Flyers between 6-7 mill per. How long well that could be the sticking point too.

3 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

WOW....I really need to start watching more Hockey.

I literally have NO IDEA who any of these players are....(okay I know Shea Theodore and Chychrun)

This is just for comparison's sake but an educated guess in somewhere around these ball parks.

Can you imagine if the Flyers are really in on Marner? How would that even work? I shudder to think at what would go the other way.

Ghost, for sure. The 11th. Frost or Farabee.

Crap. Maybe that's why Fletch isn't worried about blocking Frost. He's going to trade him for Marner.

How would you guys feel about that deal?