Potential moves for Flyers

Cap they start with: 33.4 mill

Stars just inked Mattias Janmark to a one year deal so that i think is a good benchmark for two Flyer forwards.

Laughton and Hartman could ink deals somewhere close to that maybe give them another year around a 2.3 AAV.

I would be good with that. That would give them 9 forwards under contract with 28.8 mill left to spend.

Provorov

Konecny

Sanheim

Hayes 

Talbot

Will need to split the 28.8 mill left on the table.

Say for argument's sake Hayes takes 6 mill that leaves 22.8 between the remaining 4 guys.

I think Ivan will get some where between what Nate Schmidt signed for 6 year 35.7mill deal. 5.9 mill per AAV.

And what Esa Lindell signed for 6 years 34.8 mill. 5.8 mill AAV.

So can we put Ivan down for 6 mill per?? That leaves 16.8 mill for Sanheim, Konecny and Talbot. 

So to make it easy can we just hand Sanheim and Ivan similar contracts??? So 6 mill for Travis i guess.

That will leave 10.8 mill for Konecny and Talbot??

So i stop right here and now and say they could use some cap relief sending Mcdud down. That could be another mill.

Unless you can trade him and pick up 2 mill as @radoran that would help free up another 3 mill.

So you could have 13.8 mill to sign those 2 guys. 

I can see TK getting Alex Tuch money maybe 7 years 33.2 mill with a 4.7 mill AAV.

So i'll go with that 4.7 mill for TK. That leaves 9.1 mill to sign Talbot to a deal and maybe find a vet D man.

I will use Anders Nilsson as a bench mark just because it was the first i found. 2 years 5.2 mill. 2.6 AAV.

So that is giving Chuck 6.5 mill to shop for a 3rd line RW plug (which i forgot about) and a vet D man.

Let's go with an Ondrej Kase type RW deal 3 years to fill in the blank for 7.8 mill total 2.6 mill AAV.

So that leaves you around a grand total 3.9 mill to find your vet D man.

I'll let someone else find that guy and sign him. Man i hope Chuch does a better job than i did and do some better signings.

That stuff went quicker than i thought at first 33.4 mill would stretch more than that.

15 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So how about Ghost for RNH + 3rd  and Patrick for Trouba?

Or Patrick for RNH

Ghost for Trouba

No would this work??? Who would plug the 2nd line hole that would create for the Oilers???

And they would have around 15.6 mill to plug it and another goalie spot with. Alex Chiasson will need a new contract too.

And they have a few other guys to sign. We need someone else to chime in on this our resident Oiler fan. @JR Ewing what does he think about this type of proposition. 

Also rux would this type of trade mean you are walking away from Hayes right??

Question for anyone wanting to answer.....would you be willing to give up the #11  (yeah i know a high price how about the 43rd pick instead) to a team to help plug the 3rd line RW spot with a younger but ready to fill that role type of RFA???

Like a Sam Bennett???

Or Colin White??? Sens have the Blue Jackets late first rounder but would they jump to add another???

Sure that leaves a hole for the Sens and i am not sure White would be even happy on the 3rd after being on the Sens top line (however doesn't have the top line numbers) but hey it's a slow morning and what the hell...they have 35 mill in cap space and could go hard maybe after Duchene.

How about asking about Markus Granlund for the 3rd line spot form the Canucks???

He can play C or RW and it would give the Flyers a lucky Finn!!!!!!!

SUOMI!!!!!

Asking for a friend.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

JR just gave me an idea with his shout box comment.

Jesse Puljujarvi wants out of Edmonton so would you offer them a 3rd rounder for him??

You could try and plug him into the 3rd line RW spot.

Flyers would still have the Devils 3rd rounder.

They will still have #11, #43, #65, #72, #103, #165, #169, #196 and #201. That is still 9 draft picks.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny

JVR - Hayes??? - Voracek

Lindblom - Patrick - Puljujarvi

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman 

Would that work?? I know Jesse is a risk.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

@OccamsRazor

RNH for Patrick is a sure fire way to be disgruntled in 3 years. 

Patrick's ceiling is higher than RNH even though he isn't a speedster. 

RNH is not a lead dog, Patrick will be. I know you think he's a *****, I don't see it, I see a guy that is a hyper-competitive trash talking, high skill guy. 

RNH has done what in EDM ? gotten pushed farther down the roster because his team blows and they keep drafting #1.

What's his role in that ?

No thanks.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

RNH has done what in EDM ?

He put up 69 points this year on a struggling Oilers team and 28 goals to go with.

And he has 8 years in the league and a change of scenery might do him some good and get away from what the Oilers have done to this kid.

Hell he has had like what 4 or 5 different coach over the last 5 years so how could any kid reach potential under that type of circumstance....and yet he still managed to put up 69 points.

And yes i give Patrick props for flashes up how good he can be but i just don't know about him. Am i giving up on him to soon sure i could be.

But i would be getting a 2nd line center under contract for 2 more years at 6 mill year.

So you wouldn't be happy if the Flyers 2nd line center netted 28 goals and 69 points??? Just forget for a second what his name is.

Think about that would have put him 3rd on the Flyers in production behind Giroux and Coots.

Right behind Coots 74 points. The next best center production the Flyers had last year was Laughton with 32 friggin points.

Yeah let that sink in a minute.

So yeah i would roll the dice on the kid.

And hey come 20-21 if Frost is showing he might be ready or he isn't playing well you could trade him at the deadline maybe.

Say what you want about the kid he is proven with 4 50 point season and would be a 5th with the lockout season.

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

JR just gave me an idea with his shout box comment.

Jesse Puljujarvi wants out of Edmonton so would you offer them a 3rd rounder for him??

You could try and plug him into the 3rd line RW spot.

Flyers would still have the Devils 3rd rounder.

They will still have #11, #43, #65, #72, #103, #165, #169, #196 and #201. That is still 9 draft picks.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny

JVR - Hayes??? - Voracek

Lindblom - Patrick - Puljujarvi

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman 

Would that work?? I know Jesse is a risk.

that's a sick lineup, now as the defense, if fletch somehow does that for the d and they stay healthy, and hart plays like  his rookie form, we will be cup contenders

On 6/7/2019 at 9:50 AM, mojo1917 said:

do not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

how long did it take Couturier to "not suck" ? now he's a 60 pt guy rolling out of bed.  

Patrick will be very, very good. 

I’m kind of in this boat as well.  I will say this — Couturier displayed a lot of smarts and savvy play in his first couple of years.  You could tell he understood the game, competed pretty well and could be trusted.  I don’t see that as much with Patrick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vis said:

I don’t see that as much with Patrick.

See that is my issue as well. We see glimpses of it...but i don't see all out effort a more than i would like to.

For lack of a better explanation it feels like he is playing with nothing to prove like he knows he is the #2 overall so he has plenty of time to show his game....lack of urgency.

I surely hope all that changes this upcoming season since he has to know they are trying to find a 2nd line center and not just going to hand it to him he will have to earn and take it.

Is there any trade value at all in MacDonald. Even retaining half of his salary for the year ?

He's not great, but when he's healthy he is reliable, skates pretty well and can be a 2nd unit pp guy. 

There are some teams that are ****ed with regard to the cap, not a lot of space and will wind up doing a Flyers for a player of his "ilk".

He could be a win/win kind of move for the right cap strapped team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

See that is my issue as well. We see glimpses of it...but i don't see all out effort a more than i would like to.

For lack of a better explanation it feels like he is playing with nothing to prove like he knows he is the #2 overall so he has plenty of time to show his game....lack of urgency.

I surely hope all that changes this upcoming season since he has to know they are trying to find a 2nd line center and not just going to hand it to him he will have to earn and take it.

New coaches bring new expectations.  I suspect quite a few players will find another gear..... or a seat on the bus

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Is there any trade value at all in MacDonald. Even retaining half of his salary for the year ?

He's not great, but when he's healthy he is reliable, skates pretty well and can be a 2nd unit pp guy. 

There are some teams that are ****ed with regard to the cap, not a lot of space and will wind up doing a Flyers for a player of his "ilk".

He could be a win/win kind of move for the right cap strapped team.

Computer says no.

21 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think there has to be.

But you will have to more than likely wait till right before the start of the season.

Then if there are no takers then waive him to the Phantoms.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:06 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I don't know what the cause is, but agree that there is something cavalier about his game at times.  I don't know.  I feel like he and Konecny are a little too cute and don't put in enough work.  I like that they trash talk, etc., but you gotta back that up as well.  They're young, though.  Plenty of time to mature and become "wily vets" instead of "young punks."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vis said:

I don't know what the cause is, but agree that there is something cavalier about his game at times.  I don't know.  I feel like he and Konecny are a little too cute and don't put in enough work.  I like that they trash talk, etc., but you gotta back that up as well.  They're young, though.  Plenty of time to mature and become "wily vets" instead of "young punks."

Spot on all of that.

47 minutes ago, intheslot said:

think the target is Laine

This would be amazing, but it'll never happen. No team is getting rid of a 21 year old, 2nd overall pick who just two seasons ago was wrestling Alex Ovechkin for the rocket richard.

Ehlers would make more sense. I'd have to assume Ghost is involved though. If Ghost is involved, Fletch better hope the Hayes thing ends in a signing. Losing Ghost for a winger when our biggest need is a 2C is just bad business...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Ehlers would make more sense.

I think so too.   But Holy Soft Player, Batman!

(EDIT:  Completely agree with the rest of that post, too)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, intheslot said:

Flyers Reportedly in Contact With Jets About Nikolaj Ehlers

if they make that move ,A mac will be bought out..

3,833base buy out with 1.91667 for 2 years.. cap hit..

think the target is Laine...

What???

They called about Nick........but the target is Laine??

And that will cause the Flyers buyout Mcdud??

Shhhesssh pass the dutchie to the left hand side...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What???

They called about Nick........but the target is Laine??

And that will cause the Flyers buyout Mcdud??

Shhhesssh pass the dutchie to the left hand side...

It's admittedly a lot more fun to think about than Ehlers, no?  Even if you need a large dose of hallucinogenics to do it. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's admittedly a lot more fun to think about than Ehlers, no?  Even if you need a large dose of hallucinogenics to do it. 

Maybe.

He is on the books for 6 more years at 6 mill per.

That certainly isn't the worst deal.

So what would the plan be to play him on the 3rd line LW spot and trade Lindblom?

From reports he can play the right side too.

So is someone else being package out?

As of right now the top 6 could look like this...

Giroux Coots Konecny

JVR Hayes Voracek

So I'm not sure you want a 3rd line LW at that price.

I'd have to hear the rest of the plan before I can say.