Jets trade Kevin Hayes to Flyers

O8LzC1BX?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Winnipeg Jets announced on Monday that they’ve traded forward Kevin Hayes to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2019 NHL draft.

So they have acquire his rights so they have a head start. For a 5th rounder I'm cool with that. Aggressive i see.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Hayes already makes over 5 million, did he become an UFA to get an 800,000 raise? Hes probably looking for 6.5 million. Are we gonna pay him while Coots who is much better is at 4 million?  Hayes is solid but not worth it. He may roll the dice and go for big$  or if we give him some absurd long contract , he might take less $$. Either way I dont like it. He is not worth more than 5.5

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Hayes already makes over 5 million, did he become an UFA to get an 800,000 raise? Hes probably looking for 6.5 million. Are we gonna pay him while Coots who is much better is at 4 million?  Hayes is solid but not worth it. He may roll the dice and go for big$  or if we give him some absurd long contract , he might take less $$. Either way I dont like it. He is not worth more than 5.5

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

O8LzC1BX?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Winnipeg Jets announced on Monday that they’ve traded forward Kevin Hayes to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2019 NHL draft.

So they have acquire his rights so they have a head start. For a 5th rounder I'm cool with that. Aggressive i see.

Aggressive if they can sign him. Not a huge gamble, but I’ll be impressed when he signs him at a half decent rate. 

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

He hasn’t become a free agent yet.  

He got close because the Jets can’t likely afford him and their UFAs and Tyler Myers (if they choose to keep him)

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Aggressive if they can sign him. Not a huge gamble, but I’ll be impressed when he signs him at a half decent rate. 

My only complaint so far is that i wish it would have been conditional....unless they feel certain they can sign him.

Couturier, Hayes, Patrick and Laughton is pretty solid down the middle if they can get it done.

If he can find his scoring touch from the year before 25 goals that would be bad for the 2nd line.

Flanked by JVR and Voracek.....hhhhmmmmmm.... 

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If there's ever a deal that can go in either direction (good or bad), this is it. This deal will be about what kind of contract they sign Hayes to.

I agree. And please please for the love of God no no trade clauses please...

• Like 1

I think Duchene will get 8 mill plus for 70 points.

Nelson 53 points 6 mill....so Hayes put up 55 in only 71 games played so i think around 6 per....how long well that i hope comes in around 4-5 but i think it will be 6.

I can live with 6 in there is no NTC or NMC handed out.

Some 5th round picks by the Flyers.

2012 Reece Willcox

2013 Terrance Amorosa

2014 Oskar Lindblom

2015 David Kase

2016 Linus Hogberg

2017 Noah Cates

2018 Wyatte Wylie

2018 Samuel Ersson

So that is 8 total draft picks and only one Lindblom has played in the NHL. 103 total games.

So worth the pick i think....a roll of the dice...were have prefered it to be conditional on him signing.

But if they get their guy it's worth it. I have to think AV wason board with this.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

My only complaint so far is that i wish it would have been conditional....unless they feel certain they can sign him.

Couturier, Hayes, Patrick and Laughton is pretty solid down the middle if they can get it done.

If he can find his scoring touch from the year before 25 goals that would be bad for the 2nd line.

Flanked by JVR and Voracek.....hhhhmmmmmm.... 

I’m assuming not making it conditional is what got them to a fifth.   Wnpg likely got to the “too rich for my blood” point of negotiations. It seems Fletch has been talking to them a lot if rumor see true.  Maybe the initial adman talks went cold but this was a consolation “let’s stay friends” type mutually beneficial but not a “ big” deal.  Those seem to be chucks bread n butter.  

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Duchene will get 8 mill plus for 70 points.

Nelson 53 points 6 mill....so Hayes put up 55 in only 71 games played so i think around 6 per....how long well that i hope comes in around 4-5 but i think it will be 6.

I can live with 6 in there is no NTC or NMC handed out.

Some 5th round picks by the Flyers.

2012 Reece Willcox

2013 Terrance Amorosa

2014 Oskar Lindblom

2015 David Kase

2016 Linus Hogberg

2017 Noah Cates

2018 Wyatte Wylie

2018 Samuel Ersson

So that is 8 total draft picks and only one Lindblom has played in the NHL. 103 total games.

So worth the pick i think....a roll of the dice...were have prefered it to be conditional on him signing.

But if they get their guy it's worth it. I have to think AV wason board with this.

Duchene is the wrong choice and I’ll be glad if this prevents chuck from doing that.  

8 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

So we all agree no more than 6 million

I’m sure with Hayes the negotiation will be term more than money. 

With Jake and either Lindblom/JVR, Hayes will do well and he will also fit on the 3rd if Frost or Patty are ready to move back up before his term is over.  I just hope Fletch can get it done wisely. 

I think Hayes is exactly the sized center the Flyers need down the middle.  And I believe they knew he will sign here due to his past positive relationship with Vigneault and that is another positive with the direction the Flyers are moving.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think Hayes is exactly the sized center the Flyers need down the middle.  And I believe they knew he will sign here due to his past positive relationship with Vigneault and that is another positive with the direction the Flyers are moving.

I hope you are right, but don't we already have a Couturier down the middle? He's a nearly identical player (Coots is better).

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

I hope you are right, but don't we already have a Couturier down the middle? He's a nearly identical player (Coots is better).

Then we have 2 #1 centers...  :IDunnoSmiley:

• Like 2