Jets trade Kevin Hayes to Flyers

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I find it interesting that Patrick might get traded off because he isnt playing up to potential. 

Sounds like JVR part deaux

Wash...rinse....repeat

i would have thought the “Sean Couturier” story would have cured this team of that particularly mental ailment.  

To be fair though Coots was elite or nearly elite at much of his game almost from the start.  It was literally when he almost demanded that hakstol let him actually play offense again that we all perceived him finally “putting things together.”

to me, Patty’s like that without as much defensive prowess to begin with.  He merely needs to be let loose with more decent matchups a bit. What we’ve seen flashes of, when he felt bold enough to be aggressive has been impressive to say the least. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

But I'll never get over #27 (Carlson) for fricken Ettinger.

He was so memorable that you forgot that his name was Emminger :bigteeth:.

Ettinger was a professor I had for Biochemistry in my Graduate work at SUNY Buffalo.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

He was so memorable that you forgot that his name was Emminger :bigteeth:.

Ettinger was a professor I had for Biochemistry in my Graduate work at SUNY Buffalo.

Yikes, yeah, good call.  

Ettinger sucked at teaching but his personal lab did very well. 

11 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Conflicting repots on Hayes talks:

I'm reading that there was "no comment" after the first meeting with Hayes and his agent.

I'm also reading that the first meeting was positive.  

This might be a blessing in disguise...really Columbus in the shape they will be in and the Coyotes??

Really are you f**king kidding me?

WTF ever walk away.

I ain't mad at good luck with that.

Sounds like Kevin Hayes was impressed by his visit with #Flyers. Money talks, so we’ll see, but they have work to do to entice him not to go to market. My understanding is PHI isn’t No. 1 on his list at the moment. That can change. I believe he’d be intrigued by #CBJ

Bluejacketsplayoffs2019.png
and #Coyotes

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This might be a blessing in disguise...really Columbus in the shape they will be in and the Coyotes??

WTF ever walk away.

Sounds like Kevin Hayes was impressed by his visit with #Flyers. Money talks, so we’ll see, but they have work to do to entice him not to go to market. My understanding is PHI isn’t No. 1 on his list at the moment. That can change. I believe he’d be intrigued by #CBJ

and #Coyotes

"Intrigued by Columbus."

-What are four words that never ended any sentence anywhere in the history of mankind.  I'll take take irrational comments from delusional fans for 1000, Alex? 

11 minutes ago, King Knut said:

"Intrigued by Columbus."

-What are four words that never ended any sentence anywhere in the history of mankind.  I'll take take irrational comments from delusional fans for 1000, Alex? 

Well I would certainly try and peruse Kadri now.

The Leafs need to get a head start on preventing a Marner offer sheet....they need the cap space.

Kick the tires now before the new year starts.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF ever walk away.

and #Coyotes

Snark aside, it could be in Columbus' best interest to throw a lot of money at him, and if so... great.  Good for them.  It won't help much IMHO.  He can be their 2C after Bob, Duchene and Panarin skip town and the Flyers will have a much easier path to the playoffs.

I'd actually be more concerned about the Rangers bringing him back, but Centers are the one thing they're long on (and abut to get longer)  right now, so even that's doubtful.  

Arizona just signed Schmaltz to a big extension, so that kinda locks up their 1C (Stepan)  and 2C roles doesn't it?

The long story short is He's likely to Center JVR and Voracek in Philly. Those are pretty good odds, you'll have a strong season. 

In the end, it'll come down to money and if they really want to spend that much for the guy... Fletcher should let him walk.  We don't need that.   

5-5.5 for 6

6-6.5 for 4

Columbus is going to be a hot mess next year. Sure, they have fantastic young players in Dubois, Jones, and Werenski, but that's not enough to have so much of an impact. They do have a ton of cap space mind you. If money is the main factor for Hayes, he might opt for that route. 

Also, the Coyotes? I mean cmon. I call BS on this whole idea frankly. Those are two of the last teams I could see someone actually wanting to go to right now.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I would certainly try and peruse Kadri now.

The Leafs need to get a head start on preventing a Marner offer sheet....they need the cap space.

Kick the tires now before the new year starts.

Since this is coming from EK, I am not taking it for granted and not worth the loony that is in my pocket.

But EK said the following:

On Gostisbehere for Kadri... 
It is probably entirely connected to the uncertainty of the Hayes situation that this rumor is 
gaining some steam. Kadri fits a need for the Flyers by giving them a second center with grit. 
The Flyers were one of the least penalized teams and too easy to play against on many nights…

Personally, I don't think that Kadri is worth Ghost, and if Toronto is trying to shed some salary, well this does not make sense for them, and Kadri and Ghost make the same salary. My thought is that if the Leafs and to ship Kadri to Philly, they might be looking for either Sanheim or Myers with either a pick or prospect or both

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Snark aside, it could be in Columbus' best interest to throw a lot of money at him, and if so... great.  Good for them.  It won't help much IMHO.  He can be their 2C after Bob, Duchene and Panarin skip town and the Flyers will have a much easier path to the playoffs.

I'd actually be more concerned about the Rangers bringing him back, but Centers are the one thing they're long on (and abut to get longer)  right now, so even that's doubtful.  

Arizona just signed Schmaltz to a big extension, so that kinda locks up their 1C (Stepan)  and 2C roles doesn't it?

The long story short is He's likely to Center JVR and Voracek in Philly. Those are pretty good odds, you'll have a strong season. 

In the end, it'll come down to money and if they really want to spend that much for the guy... Fletcher should let him walk.  We don't need that.   

5-5.5 for 6

6-6.5 for 4

Fair enough for him, it's his decision to make. 

But if he's more excited to earn about an extra $3M over 6 years and forego playing with JVR and Voracek, so be it. 5th rounder was worth the gamble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darthbal said:

Personally, I don't think that Kadri is worth Ghost, and if Toronto is trying to shed some salary, well this does not make sense for them, and Kadri and Ghost make the same salary. My thought is that if the Leafs and to ship Kadri to Philly, they might be looking for either Sanheim or Myers with either a pick or prospect or both

I agree. If they trade Kadri, then they can't trade Nylander's $7M away. So this trade would be cost-neutral, which is a no-go for them.

Shedding Marleau for a late round pick would give them much needed space... 

7 minutes ago, darthbal said:

Since this is coming from EK, I am not taking it for granted and not worth the loony that is in my pocket.

But EK said the following:

Hell no.

They can choose...Hagg, Gudas or a 2nd.

That it. They ain't getting Ghost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

But if he's more excited to earn about an extra $3M over 6 years and forego playing with JVR and Voracek, so be it. 5th rounder was worth the gamble.

He may just want to go to Arizona and rest on his laurels and there is no pressure out there no media coverage just get fat and lazy.

Fine go do that.

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

Shedding Marleau for a late round pick would give them much needed space... 

Sure and what else to take him off their hands?

Guess we'll see soon....buyout window is open.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure and what else to take him off their hands?

Guess we'll see soon....buyout window is open.

Oh, not to the Flyers. I don't want Marleau. Apparently, there is a lot of smoke around Marleau to the Sharks. 

Just now, brelic said:

Oh, not to the Flyers. I don't want Marleau. Apparently, there is a lot of smoke around Marleau to the Sharks. 

Oh yeah I know the rumor is Anaheim or LA because he has already sent his family back to LA.

The Leafs are going to have to gift wrap something with him for those teams to even take him...

i hope im wrong but something is telling me where are not destination for free agents,  i know jvr came here because of philla ties but everyone else because of what hextall did to this team, i dont know if anyone wants to come here if hayes doesnt sign.

17 minutes ago, brelic said:

I mean, if it's 7/1 and you've missed out on the Vet D man and the scoring winger, sure... for 4 years or less,  You might as well throw him 7.25. 

7 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i hope im wrong but something is telling me where are not destination for free agents,  i know jvr came here because of philla ties but everyone else because of what hextall did to this team, i dont know if anyone wants to come here if hayes doesnt sign.

What did Hextall do to the team that's still a factor other than filling it with young talent and clearing enough cap space to pay for veteran talent?

The diet and curfew restrictions and no ex players allowed to hang out in the locker room?  

Don't you think maybe we weren't a UFA destination the past several years because we simply couldn't afford actual good free agents?  Isn't that maybe a little more likely than a nutritionist?  

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh yeah I know the rumor is Anaheim or LA because he has already sent his family back to LA.

The Leafs are going to have to gift wrap something with him for those teams to even take him...

No thanks.  I'd rather take UFA Pavelski from San Jose... a team that has a lot of questions to answer this off season and a player who probably has a year or two left anyway.  

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

What did Hextall do to the team that's still a factor other than filling it with young talent and clearing enough cap space to pay for veteran talent?

The diet and curfew restrictions and no ex players allowed to hang out in the locker room?  

Don't you think maybe we weren't a UFA destination the past several years because we simply couldn't afford actual good free agents?  Isn't that maybe a little more likely than a nutritionist?  

cap space is lame excuse because bryz wanted to come here when we were against the cap and that's why they traded richards and carter, what great players in the last 5 years wanted to come here regardless of cap space? give me names besides jvr?