Jets trade Kevin Hayes to Flyers

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

Is that better than Hayes at 6x6?

Oh and if it doesn't come with the clauses I can live with it so they can expose him come expansion draft time....Jake doesn't have one he shouldn't either.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No if you're going to make me choose between those scenarios then I will take the 6×6.

Exactly. Just like Hexy got the 2nd best UFA last summer, Hayes is probably the 2nd best UFA C this summer, and provided they can resign him, will make the team better. Plus he's still young and Couturier/Hayes/Patrick gives us nice size down the middle.

There's almost no chance Fletch doesn't screw this up and max the term. I think I'm off on my prediction though: it's gonna be closer to $50M.

Hayes is gonna be so fat come camp it's not even funny.

• Haha 1

Flyers should be realistic  in what they offer Hayes. He is good, not great.  He was shut down by the Blues in round one and I think Winnipeg lost some faith in him.  New city could bring out his  best, but must not over pay him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Flyers should be realistic  in what they offer Hayes. He is good, not great.  He was shut down by the Blues in round one and I think Winnipeg lost some faith in him.  New city could bring out his  best, but must not over pay him

Best post ever! Go Blues!

[FYI Wpg was never gonna sign him, he was pure rental from the start]

57 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He was shut down by the Blues in round one and I think Winnipeg lost some faith in him.  

No he was not shut down.

He put up 2 goals (tied for 3rd on his team) and an assist in 6 games.

Now he didn't get much help being saddled with Perreault who hasn't scored but one playoff goal since 2014 and Rolsolvic who was held pointless but is a rookie.

How about Nick Ehlers will he ever score a playoff goal?

Goalless in 21 games.

And Helle boy was in goal as well.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No he was not shut down.

Now he didn't get much help being saddled with Perreault who hasn't scored but one playoff goal since 2014 and Rolsolvic who was held pointless but is a rookie.

Goalless in 21 games.

How on earth is Ehlers goalless in 21 playoff games?? He is way too talented and should be dynamic force... But then again I'm biased as I'm from Denmark

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ctid said:

How on earth is Ehlers goalless in 21 playoff games?? He is way too talented and should be dynamic force... But then again I'm biased as I'm from Denmark

Soft?

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can see him getting close to what Brock "please God don't hit me when i go in the corner" Nelson got, 6 year 36 million dollar deal.

THAT is exactly where I figure he will go, 6X6 give or take a hundred K or two one way or the other. I like Hayes, he plays in all situations and would give the Flyers insane center depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

THAT is exactly where I figure he will go, 6X6 give or take a hundred K or two one way or the other. I like Hayes, he plays in all situations and would give the Flyers insane center depth.

And something i haven't seen mentioned....yes he is 27 but he just turned 27 on May 8th....verses turning 28 before the season starts or sometime mid season....so a young 27...7 months older than Couturier...one year older than Ghost.

So i am ok with 6 years 36 million give or take a little more on the money....and please no clauses.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, radoran said:

Wait. People on this forum watch hockey?

Who would have thought?

😎

I wish you people would stop accusing me of stuff I clearly don't do. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, brelic said:

Lindblom/Patrick/Kapanen? Farabee

I don't want Farabee on the right.  Otherwise, I like your lineup. They'd just need to figure out the 3RW slot. 

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No he was not shut down.

Goalless in 21 games.

I think the Flyers did a good thing getting him.  If he actually winds up there?  I am not sure how this unrestricted thing will work out?  I am just saying if he plays hard ball, I would have a strict limit on what I would pay him.  He is good, Ill go as far as saying very good, but I wont say great.

• Good Post 1

23 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think the Flyers did a good thing getting him.  If he actually winds up there?  I am not sure how this unrestricted thing will work out?  I am just saying if he plays hard ball, I would have a strict limit on what I would pay him.  He is good, Ill go as far as saying very good, but I wont say great.

We'll see, he will certainly be playing with better players in Philly with JVR and Voracek than in Winnipeg with Perreault and Rolsolvic.

It will give Patrick a chance to play on the 3rd line and work his way up the lineup in time.

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't want Farabee on the right. 

I agree if i am playing him it will be in his natural position at LW, you could flip Lindblom to the RW spot since he has experience playing both sides when he was with Byrnas.

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

They'd just need to figure out the 3RW slot. 

Mats Zuccarello?? Gustav Nyquist? Joonas Donskoi? Brett Connolly?

Some more affordable choice i think for that 3rd line RW spot i think.

It will give Farabee the chance to ease into the pro game....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree if i am playing him it will be in his natural position at LW, you could flip Lindblom to the RW spot since he has experience playing both sides when he was with Byrnas.

Mats Zuccarello?? Gustav Nyquist? Joonas Donskoi? Brett Connolly?

Some more affordable choice i think for that 3rd line RW spot i think.

It will give Farabee the chance to ease into the pro game....

Well, if AV is trying to get the old band back together, Zuccarello would be my guess.

Edited to say I just looked up his stats, and two things I didn't realize... he's 5'8" and Norwegian! 

Also, what was going on in NY last year that both Hayes and Zuccarello had career-high points per game levels? 

Edited by brelic

Well, if AV is trying to get the old band back together, Zuccarello would be my guess.

Edited to say I just looked up his stats, and two things I didn't realize... he's 5'8" and Norwegian! 

Also, what was going on in NY last year that both Hayes and Zuccarello had career-high points per game levels? 

Yeah I guess he could get the band back together if Mats is willing and Dallas doesn't bring him back.

It might seem Mats wants to stay in Dallas since he was used on the top line with Dickinson and Seguin.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah I guess he could get the band back together if Mats is willing and Dallas doesn't bring him back.

It might seem Mats wants to stay in Dallas since he was used on the top line with Dickinson and Seguin.

Really? I see he only played 2 games in Dallas. Maybe he has a 'promised' spot up top?  Honestly, he could easily be on the top line here too.

G/Coots/Zuccarello

JVR/Hayes/Voracek

Lindblom/Patrick/Konecny

Raffl/Laughton/Hartman

Really? I see he only played 2 games in Dallas. Maybe he has a 'promised' spot up top?  Honestly, he could easily be on the top line here too.

G/Coots/Zuccarello

JVR/Hayes/Voracek

Lindblom/Patrick/Konecny

Raffl/Laughton/Hartman

Those are nice lines I will say this.

Mats played into 2 regular season games before he got hurt but he was healed up and played in the playoffs.

He played on Seguins line and put up 11 points in 13 games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brelic said:

G/Coots/Zuccarello

JVR/Hayes/Voracek

Lindblom/Patrick/Konecny

Raffl/Laughton/Hartman

I would only want to sign Zucc to a 2 year deal.

He is coming off a contract that paid him 4.5 mill.

So would he take a 2 yrs 10 mill deal to reunite with AV?

17 hours ago, Podein25 said:

There's almost no chance Fletch doesn't screw this up and max the term. I think I'm off on my prediction though: it's gonna be closer to $50M.

Hayes is gonna be so fat come camp it's not even funny.

managing expectations I see, very nice pods, very nice. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brelic said:

Honestly, he could easily be on the top line here too.

I guess he could without knowing for sure without knowing if the chemistry develops.

But you know who could be the perfect fit for the 3rd is a guy who just played this past year on the 3rd is Brett Connolly.

He put up a solid 22 goals and 24 assist for 46 points this past season on the Caps 3rd line and brings more size at 6-3.

Just saying if I'm kicking the tires.

He sure made the Flyers pay in the 4 games he played against them scoring 3 goals and two assists.

Edited by OccamsRazor
playoffs or bust