Anyone think we have a legitimate shot at Byram?

SpikeDDS

@SpikeDDS

I hope so. The first two picks are gimme picks the next three teams are:

3) Chicago who needs to upgrade their aging defense but NHLdraft.com has taking Turcotte. They went defense first round last year.

4) Colorado in need of secondary forwards probably not taking a defender.

5) Los Angeles NHLdraft.com has them taking Bowen but IDK, my gut says they have Doughty locked up long term and need offense desperately. Of the three ahead of us in the running for Bowen they are the most likely to take him but I really think they will go forward. 

I would love to see a defenseman added but if we lose on Byram the next handful of defenders are interchangeable and their will still be quality in the second round, if we miss on Byram one of either Kirby Dach or (my choice) Dylan Cozens will certainly be available and will fit into the stable of young forwards we are building up. Rumor is Winnipeg and Detroit are talking a Trouba deal involving a forward going the other way so if we add a Cozens and Trouba I would certainly call that a huge offseason anyway. But yeah, Byram would be a fantastic get for the organization on desperate need of solid blueliners.

• 2 weeks later...