Refs not treating Giroux right

Guest BobDailey

I dont know if Roo is embellishing.

I guess since the little buffoon running the league doesnt want the Flyers to win, one of the leagues brightest stars from the North American continent does not get the same calls/protective calls they would normally give one of the top scorers in the league.

I turned off last nights game after the 2nd goal by the Preds. It was a hometown Saturday night for the refs IMO

Rinne was great no doubt and Bryz was his usual self

Thats another topic but this was a western conference team and he should have done better knowing them, I am sick of excuses from the space cowboy

Giroux seems to be in a bit of a slump right now. Maybe for the obvious reason that Jagr has been hampered with a groin injury, however his line is just not scoring points. Giroux has only one assist in his last 5 games. That assist was a pp assist against the Islanders. More telling of Giroux's struggles is he is also a -6.

Giroux has always played a physical game. I don't think he'd want special treatment. He isn't one of the aliens from Vancouver, He can handle getting hit. Rinne, now THERE is what a real goalie looks like. I've got Bryz covered in the "Remember When" thread.

Giroux has always played a physical game. I don't think he'd want special treatment. He isn't one of the aliens from Vancouver, He can handle getting hit. Rinne, now THERE is what a real goalie looks like. I've got Bryz covered in the "Remember When" thread.

I think part of the problem is that he is not getting the calls so he is starting to embellish or "briere" it. The calls will come but not if he continues down his current path.

Bryz tripping over the net is the perfect microcosm of his play this season........nobody around, not paying attention to whats going on and rolling around on the ice like Scott Hartnell used to do......

Rinne, now THERE is what a real goalie looks like.

yup.

you know, the screen/deflection thing takes a little heat off of bryzgalov...the goalie can't react if he can't see or if the puck changes direction 6 feet out, but....there is a technique to increasing your chances. building a solid stance that covers a large area and closes off holes. rinne is a for-real top-flight goalie, and isn't victimized by those kinds of things multiple times each game. there's a reason for that.

god, 8 more seasons.

" god, 8 more seasons"

I dont think so. He will be back in the KHL or some other hockey outpost if he doesnt turn it around

They will find a way and raise the costs of tickets and concessions and parking and cable tv to bury their mistake in the fans wallets