Congratulations Blues

flyer4ever

Well since we are leaving this on the Flywrs board I will have to ask this question...

...with hindsight of course....

...seeing Berube hoist the Cup last night makes me think...

....so Berube wasn't the problem after all?

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

so Berube wasn't the problem after all?

Berube wasn't the problem. That's not to say he is absolved of being a problem.

I'd bet the experience he got with the Flyers was valuable in his professional development.

Getting a team with a core that was in the Conference Final a couple seasons ago couldn't have hurt, either.

Also, too, don't forget what a "good sign" it was that they lost to the eventual Cup winner in his first season.

Good signs... Good signs....

• Like 1

I really don't post much but I'm pretty depressed watching former Flyers go to other teams and win the Stanley Cups. Watching Berube Maroon Schenn hoist the cup is disheartening. It just shows me that there's some serious issues with the Flyers organization. In my own opinion until ownership changes and all the former Flyers good old boys Homer Clarky are gone nothing will ever change on this team. I've been a Flyers fan since my dad took me to my first game in 87 32 years of being a Flyers fan. I'm just tired of watching this team come up short year after year. 

• Like 1

Glad the Blues won.  Good for that organization and fan base.  If I recall correctly, one of the long lost posters from philly.com, JSFFOUR, called them the Flyers of the West - always good, but not ever good enough to get over the hump.  Thought that was pretty accurate at the time.  

I gotta say.  It’s getting awfully tiresome watching castoffs from this org find success elsewhere.  It’s damning to the people still here.

Edited by vis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vis said:

Thought that was pretty accurate at the time.

Yeah they played a game the Flyers use to play very physical....those days are long gone...now all they do is lift sticks or chop them...

Not this type of high stick though...fast forward to the 30 second mark...

Is that @Podein25 with his beer league???

But seriously i do miss the physical play the Flyers use to have and the Blues showed you can do that with size and speed too...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good win by a team playing really well at the right time.

Great buy in by the boys.

Boston benefited from excellent goalie play Rask was as good as any goaltender in my recent memory.

I do think they were a skilled, tough, good skating team.  They will be good next year too.

I think most of these Blues will be around for a few years so they will be  in the conversation for the west for sure.

I'm glad the Blues won. 

I don't care about Schenn or Maroon  Good for them, St Louis' top 4 D had as much to do with this championship as anyone not named Ryan O'Rielly.  The former Flyers wound up on a championship team and contributed.  yay. so did former Sabres, Leafs, Ducks, Oilers....those players aren't the reason why our team is or isn't winning. 

I have always been a fan of Craig Berube. I think he's good people, I am genuinely happy for him. 

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah they played a game the Flyers use to play very physical....those days are long gone...now all they do it lift stick or chop them..

Thats why the NHL will always be at best, number 4 in major sports

Circling back on something.  I had forgotten that Mike Yeo was coach before Berube.  Yikes.  Double whammy for the FLyers: old coahc wins Cup; new assistant couldn't get it done with a Cup winning roster. 

I know there's more to the Blues' turnaround than just coaching, but it does give me a little pause for thought.

5 minutes ago, vis said:

Double whammy for the FLyers: old coahc wins Cup; new assistant couldn't get it done with a Cup winning roster. 

Sorry but Binnington turn that season around...and save their bacon in the game 7 clincher....it happens and he picked an amazing time to do it because he is about to turn 26 and have the year of his life and is about to get paid...i would not be shocked if they lock him up for 8 years...

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry but Binnington turn that season around...and save their bacon in the game 7 clincher....it happens and he picked an amazing time to do it because he is about to turn 26 and have the year of his life and is about to get paid...i would not be shocked if they lock him up for 8 years...

Statement was kind of tongue in cheek.  I know Binnington was a big factor.  But it is kind of funny that Berube got them a Cup when Yeo got them to last place.