LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2019-2020

pilldoc

Alright first post of the new year.

Flyers need to go sign this kid to a entry level contract and add him to the Phantoms back end. Roll the dice.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/187811/marcus-bjork

Very nice wheels at 6-3 205 and a right hand shot to boot.

They only have 4  D men under contract for them in 2019-20 these four need some help.

Schlemko-Friedman

Brennan-Willcox

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still early but i have to say i am looking forward to a line of Farabee - Frost - Allison in the future.

I can see it...

Edited by OccamsRazor
i hope Allison has a great year and gets signed

So looks like the Phantoms will have a new Captain Chuckles signed former Iowa Wild (I know another Minnesota kid who saw that coming) Captain Cal O'Reilly to more than likely replace Colin Mcdonald who wasn't resigned.

* Former Iowa Wild captain and five-time AHL All-Star Game selection Cal O'Reilly (the older brother of Conn Smythe Trophy and Selke Trophy winning St. Louis Blues center Ryan) has been signed to a two-year AHL contract. The 32-year-old center has been one of the AHL's most prolific playmakers in recent years and has 99 assists over the past two seasons alone. Overall in 2018-19, he posted 67 points (16 goals, 51 assists) in 67 games. O'Reilly also has 145 games in the NHL to his credit but has almost exclusively played in the American League the last two seasons. 

This might be an actual upgrade O'reilly has put up back to back 60 point seasons for the Wild (64 and 67) Mcdonald hasn't put up 64 points combined over the last 3 years.

So guess we'll see. Gone are Varone, Bailey, Connor, Goulbourne, Froese, Samuelsson, Bardreau and Vecchione.

So i hope the influx of new vet talent can get this club to the playoffs and challenge for the Calder they have a lot of good young talent that needs some seasoning.

It looks like Ustimenko is slated to spend the year in the ECHL which is a good choice considering he is coming from the MHL and not the KHL which is just a slight step down. So they can help ease him in the smaller ice adjustment period.

Looks like Sandstrom and Lyon will hold the fort down in the AHL.

3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Was a bit bummed when O'Reilly signed with LV. He did a great job with Iowa. And if Prosser ends up in LV you'll have another quality mentor for the young guys...

Good to hear they will have a very deep pool of talent to work with and they will need the guidance.

They will have a total of 3 first round picks, 3 2nd round picks, 3 3rd round picks in the ranks. As well as 4 4th round picks.

So a lot of recent picks just arriving and needing guidance.  Flyers are counting on this kids being reinforcements soon.

Chuckles seems to have gather some good shepherds for the flock. Time will tell a deep Calder Cup run will help.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good to hear they will have a very deep pool of talent to work with and they will need the guidance.

They will have a total of 3 first round picks, 3 2nd round picks, 3 3rd round picks in the ranks. As well as 4 4th round picks.

So a lot of recent picks just arriving and needing guidance.  Flyers are counting on this kids being reinforcements soon.

Chuckles seems to have gather some good shepherds for the flock. Time will tell a deep Calder Cup run will help.

Don't expect a ton out of Prosser at the NHL level. He a decent 6/7 stay at home defense man who knows his role and his limitations and plays within them.

Fenton crapped on him just to get another Pred on the Wild roster (Anthony "Fumbles" Bitetto) and instead of pouting when he got sent to Iowa (like Greenway and Donato did), Prosser was the consummate professional and was a leader for the young guys...

With those two on the roster the Iowa Wild made the AHL Playoffs for the first time in their history and made it to the second round eventually losing to the Chicago Wolves. So you pick up a couple of quality individuals.

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Don't expect a ton out of Prosser at the NHL level

Don't need him let him stay in the AHL.

The only way we would even need him if injuries ravaged the blueline. They have 8 on the active roster.

Provorov

Niskanen

Sanheim

Myers

Ghost

Braun

Morin

Hagg

And first call up would be Mark Friedman. So they would have to have 4 injured D men before he would get the call.

So they should be fine...but stranger things have happened they went through 8 goalies last year.

I hope they are done with that type of luck.

56 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Varone signed by MTL

Well damn there goes the Phantoms Calder Cup hopes....

...Ole Ole Ole...what will the Flyers do without his 3 wittle goals???

Where is Nik Zherdev when you need him??

Looking forward to the kids getting some playing time together i hope the NHLnetwork broadcast this.

D_C5HuaU8AAOaR0.jpg

Not sure if the lineup is right i would like to see Farabee on the left of Brink on the top line.

I think it is just a listing of names more than likely. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Sandstrom has fallen out of favor in some scouts eyes.

Ersson has leaped frogged him and is at # 7 and Sandstrom all the way down to #11 in the rankings in above link.

I guess it might seem the Flyers could lose him anyways in the expansion draft possibility anyways.

But he needs to come out and play well first. Allison has slide to #10. Interesting...i can see why with the injuries.

Noah Cates #16 ranked ahead of Tanner Laczynski at #18....might be a signal Tanner doesn't even sign next offseason. 

I think this kid's skill is undeniable and i can see him stealing that 3rd line spot up for grabs...he will be a luxury i say.

Farabee - Patrick - Lindblom has the potential to be one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL.

• Like 2