LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2019-2020

pilldoc

Sandström has let 5 goals in so far in ECHL debut. Managed to see 4/5,of those 4 I guess only 1 he "should" have had (4-4 tying goal). He is not playing vintage hockey but Reading defence is probably worst he has seen since J20.

Replying to and
I've watched a loooot of Sandström. I'd guess around 75% of games since drafted, either live or full/full-ish games on replay. It is probably worst defensive performance he will have seen since the 2016-17 J20 play-off game he appeared in... which was a bunch of 18 yr olds.

Way to boost the kid's confidence Flyer's brass!

SMFH!

Nice game for Farabee.  One of the few guys on the ice willing to hit anyone.  Frost was invisible.  Interesting to see Ratcliffe on PK2.  I thought he looked slow or just bad at reading the flow of play at even strength but he came out smelling like a rose.  It's still an adjustment period for these AHL rookies.   Rubtsov and Sushko had strong defensive games.  And I still can't believe Myers didn't make the big team.  He looks way too good for the AHL.  Let's see if they can maintain this level of play against a much better Hershey Bears lineup.

4 hours ago, Poconono said:

And I still can't believe Myers didn't make the big team.

I guess you didn't watch him play in the preseason then.

He played his way off the Flyers by trying to be everything all the time. He doesn't have the game to play like Drew Doughty, yet.

15 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I guess you didn't watch him play in the preseason then.

He played his way off the Flyers by trying to be everything all the time. He doesn't have the game to play like Drew Doughty, yet.

Ersson saw Hart's save and said he can do that...

#anotherstudforthecrease

Phantoms lose last night in a shootout only goal was by Morgan Frost. And Morgan finally got his first goal.

NAK with a strong game too.

Ratty gets one too.

Show some nuts Chuckles recall Farabee, Frost and NAK and play them....i know ya won't cause ya scared!!!!!!

Was checking out the Reading Royals team page this morning to see how Sandstrom and Ustimenko were doing.

Ustimenko, 3-0-1, 2.74, .889

Sandstrom, 3-3-0, 3.91, .871 

For reference, I looked up some of the league leaders to see what kind of distribution we're dealing with.

2 GP, 1.42    0.941   
7 GP, 1.67    0.939   
4 GP, 1.72    0.925    
4 GP, 1.75    0.941    
5 GP, 2.18    0.924  
5 GP, 2.19    0.939

So, no great for our guys, evidently. 

Morin update from Meltzer...

Sam Morin dressed in two of the Phantoms three games this weekend; the Friday and Sunday games. After missing nearly two years of hockey in terms of game action, the organization wanted to avoid playing him in all three segments of the weekend 3-in-3 roughly eight months after he completed rehab from ACL surgery. I personally thought he looked better in Sunday's game than in Friday's, but there were mixed reviews.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

That makes his 11th goal for 29 points in 20 games.

I like O'Brien's make up. 

I still think he's going to be an good NHL player.

I know he was a reach but the kid can *****' fly and he's got some punk in his game.

Getting his brains scrambled at Providence wasn't ideal, but I still have some hope for that pick working out. 

19 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I like O'Brien's make up. 

I still think he's going to be an good NHL player.

I know he was a reach but the kid can *****' fly and he's got some punk in his game.

Getting his brains scrambled at Providence wasn't ideal, but I still have some hope for that pick working out. 

By going this route he will still have 3 years of eligibility to play at BC starting next year.

I agree kid has some very good wheels and I a year or two we will know more about where he is....who knows he may only spend one year at BC like Goal Farabee did.

• Like 1

I think it might be time to bring Sandstrom up from the ECHL to see if he can help this team. Not saying he can but he is right there and only needs to be given a chance...right now the Phantoms are sitting outside the playoffs and in the 10th slot.

Phantoms still need to pick up the goal scoring too...but damn if they are going to lose let's get Sandstrom so better competition to prepare himself to help in the future.

Caveat: Unless their plan to keep him down is to keep him hidden from Seattle when the expansion draft takes place since they can't protect him and he can be selected...if this is their plan then yeah ok i get it leave him down.

However this is a reason they can't afford to call up Frost. And HTF is Gordon losing with this roster??

I would try and call up Pascal Laberge and insert him into the lineup for a boost.

About all they can do now for more offense. Someone besides Frost needs to step up.

Start him on the 4th if you have to.

10 Carey 9 O'Reilly 51 Criscuolo

15 Sushko 23 Frost 16 Aube-Kubel

24 Vorobyev 12 Rubtsov 38 Kase

8 Strome 23 Laberge  29 Gabriel

Edited by OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think it might be time to bring Sandstrom up from the ECHL to see if he can help this team. Not saying he can but he is right there and only needs to be given a chance...right now the Phantoms are sitting outside the playoffs and in the 10th slot.

Meh. Elliott has been good when called upon. I'm not sure having two inexperienced goalies is a great situation honestly.