LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2019-2020

pilldoc

Wow Flyers getting guys healthy and back will help the Phantoms out so they can get some guys back.

Tonight's 3-2 win in Charlotte marks the #LVPhantoms first road win in their last 11 road contests.

They had previously lost their 10 (0-9-1) games away from PPL Center.

On the season, Lehigh Valley just 3-9-2 on the road.

GAME STORY: The #LVPhantoms (12-12-5) entered Saturday night's game vs.

an abysmal 0-9-1 in their last 10 road contests.

After a big night from Laberge (2G), Friedman (1G-1A) and Lyon (32 saves) Lehigh Valley got back in the W column.

Laberge is starting to show that goal scoring skill that made him a second round pick. If you remember, a couple of years  ago he took a devastating head shot that really set back his progress.  It was one of the worst i have ever seen. A right handed  scoring right wing is probably our biggest need going forward and our other right wing,  also a second round pick,  Allison has been mostly injured for two years now.

20 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Laberge is starting to show that goal scoring skill that made him a second round pick

The deck is stacked against him but overcoming adversity builds character. He needs to keep grinding.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

After all he's been through for years now it's nice to see Laberge get his game back. Hopefully he can continue to build on this.

I agree he has some very nice tools in the tool box it would be very nice to see him soon be able to help the Flyers.

I'm pulling for the kid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe, and I hope he turns into something. I just don't see much in the few times I've watched him play.

Well he is a stay at home defenseman those types usually don't really wow or standout much.

Plus he hasn't really got to Philly yet to be seasoned like they envisioned him playing.

From what I have seen he is a more fluid slightly swifter Nick GrossmanN.

With the skill have in the pipeline and currently on the roster he will be a possible 5th or 7th D man...sort of like Hagg right now.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well he is a stay at home defenseman those types usually don't really wow or standout much.

Plus he hasn't really got to Philly yet to be seasoned like they envisioned him playing.

From what I have seen he is a more fluid slightly swifter Nick GrossmanN.

With the skill have in the pipeline and currently on the roster he will be a possible 5th or 7th D man...sort of like Hagg right now.

Maybe he's what we need. There's plenty of "wow" potential with Provorov/Ghost/Sanheim/Myers/Zamula. I'm just glad we have Myers/Zamula as freebies.

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe he's what we need. There's plenty of "wow" potential with Provorov/Ghost/Sanheim/Myers/Zamula. I'm just glad we have Myers/Zamula as freebies.

I think he could be with the exception of Ivan and Myers the ones mentioned are not very physical in the own end or for that matter really anywhere on the ice.

I think the blueline can have a nice mix of talents. I hope he is a smarter more sound positioning type than Hagg. Guess we'll see.

He needs his adjustment period to the smaller rink size a year or two with the Phantoms should do him some good.

He will have some good competition in the AHL before he gets his chance.

Phantoms are dead last in the Atlantic...i know they have had injuries and they have a few guys up for call ups but i think it is a time for a change....time for Gordon to go...let's find another guy to lead these young men. Just haven't seen enough from the kids to say he is helping.

12-16-1 just isn't good enough even with this roster. Why wait longer find another guy this offseason. New blood hopefully.

9 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

What did the tweet say his injury is?

Nothing yet....i think it's a sports hernia or something along those lines. Guys can play with it.

Eagles Nate Gerry played with one all season and had surgery to fix it today.

So for whatever reason i can't find what the injury is anywhere....it will come out soon.