LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2019-2020

pilldoc

11 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I like this prospect.

I wouldn't forget the unheralded winger...Noah Cates...i know Patrick and Frost got all the limelight in 2017 but i think the Flyers have a very good hockey player who will push hard for a spot next camp if he signs.

Uness he decides to go back to school one more year he is just as lethal (actually has 5 more goals in two less games)as older prospect Tanner Laczynski.

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

That's  a bad idea. I stayed in school far too long and became a total arse.

Well it really comes down to the kid.

Will he say he is ready or want to finish school.

I just hope he doesn't wait to try to go the free agent route and sign with another team.

I think the college kids have a chance to make a very good line for the Phantoms and then Flyers.

Cates - Lacynski - Allison

Speed skill and size the smallest one is Tanner at 6-1.

I hope they make it.

23 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I hope he signs with us and only needs 20 -30 games in the minors next year . He could be the physical , scoring power winger that we really need.

I'm sure he will sign he has never gave a clue otherwise.

Laczynski well that one is up in the air.

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Laczynski well that one is up in the air

This bums me out.

I understand it from a 'get yours" perspective, but I still hate Jimmy Vesey for the circus he created and the middling talent he has "blossomed" into .

This path is why I can't ever seem to get super excited about drafting kids who wish to play in the NCAA...it's like, are we even going to see the kid on the team except for development camp ? Also why I'm glad the Flyers got their hooks into Farabee early. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This bums me out.

I understand it from a 'get yours" perspective, but I still hate Jimmy Vesey for the circus he created and the middling talent he has "blossomed" into .

This path is why I can't ever seem to get super excited about drafting kids who wish to play in the NCAA...it's like, are we even going to see the kid on the team except for development camp ? Also why I'm glad the Flyers got their hooks into Farabee early. 

If players decide not to follow the draft there may as well not be a cap. The lesser teams will rarely ever get their draft picks to sign, so it will be right back to buying cups. Pro athletes are waaaaay overpaid for the most part. At least abide by the rules that make the league work. (and I get that that is a rule...it's just not that good of one)

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

This bums me out.

I am hoping they can get him to sign...rumor has it is Chuck will try to sign him and play him to burn a year of his entry level contract so he will become a RFA like they did to sign Vecchione....will it work not sure. 

But i can see them trying.

The good news they have plenty of fresh troops coming in next year:

Forward

Wade Allison

Noah Cates

Olle Lycksell

Marcus Westfalt?

Gavin Hain?

Tanner Laczynski???

Defense

David Bernhardt

Adam Ginning

Wyatt Kalynuk

Wyatte Wylie

John St. Ivany?

Linus Hogberg?

Goalie

Samuel Ersson?

Ivan Fedotov?

Matej Tomek?

Obviously they can't/won't be able to sign them all but there will be a few who will be brought in the supply reinforcements.

And replace the ones they decide to move on from....this is actually the way it should be in the development process not everyone can make it....they only need the best and they will miss on some and some will prefer to go elsewhere.

Some will be left to continue to develop further where they are. I think Hogberg and Bernhardt have to be signed this year or they will be lost. Will they can't say what they will do right now. We'll see soon when their season are over.

Edited by OccamsRazor

On 1/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

That shot was NASTY

Good to see ol Jay O'Brien is 3rd in scoring in the BCHL gp 42 23 gls 38 ast 61 pts.

Until you see a 17 year old kid (Kent Johnson) who is eligible for the 2021 draft is leading them all with 40 goals 94 points in 49 games.

https://bchl.ca/stats/player-stats?sort=points

Regardless good to see him doing well should be ready to restart his college career next year. The path isn't always linear to the NHL. 

Cheers!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
added stat page

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good to see ol Jay O'Brien is 3rd in scoring in the BCHL gp 42 23 gls 38 ast 61 pts.

Until you see a 17 year old kid (Kent Johnson) who is eligible for the 2021 draft is leading them all with 40 goals 94 points in 49 games.

Regardless good to see him doing well should be ready to restart his college career next year. The path isn't always linear to the NHL. 

I like Jay, I think he has a good mindset about his hockey career. I don't think he'll be a guy that will coast at any level given how bumpy his road has been to this point.  He is still fast, if his body has grown he could be helpful. 

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I like Jay, I think he has a good mindset about his hockey career. I don't think he'll be a guy that will coast at any level given how bumpy his road has been to this point.  He is still fast, if his body has grown he could be helpful. 

Yes and the fact that to some he has slipped away and sort of been forgotten by some of the rabid Flyer fans may just allow his to do his thing work on his game and when he is ready make the jump to the pros.

It's not an easy task to make it to the bigs but he has the tools and in the toolbox to do it. You can't teach speed and he has it in spades.