You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2019-2020

DU Pioneers freshman Bobby Brink is having a year to remember

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

• Like 1

You got me looking down the list of the points in D1

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

This guy looks like he is unsigned and is turning into a scoring machine. 

Also, thinking about the draft.   Remember that Cole Caufield guy that fell in the Flyers lap?    Thank goodness the Flyers passed on him because he is sucking it up big time right now .... na just kidding, he's the 5th leading scoring (18g, 14a) in the NCCA D1..... as a Freshman.   He has over a ppg average at 1.14.    as a Freshman!   A small, little tiny guy of a freshman.  

Don't get me wrong, York is a good pick.  But we don't need York.  We need a high flying, shoot first winger that can snipe.  I think this one is going to hurt for a long time.

Edited by Digityman

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Don't get me wrong, York is a good pick.  But we don't need York. 

Sure not now but you figure he is a freshman too and is a few years away.

Caulfield is a nice goal scorer.

But at his size it is a big risk projecting to the NHL.

No one ever in the history of the draft has ever been selected his size at forward for where the Flyers drafted.

Defensemen take longer to develop and they are more valuable.

I guess my point is that our defense is young and should be fairly solid for the next 5+ years.   Forward is where the Flyers needed depth.   They could have taken a chance on the kid.   Is 1" or 2" really that big of difference?   I guess we should ask the ladies.... they would know.

Other notable small forwards.....

Henri The Pocket Rocket Richard.....5'7" 160lbs.   I think he did okay in the NHL

Mr Theoren Fleury - 5'6", 180lbs - him too

Brian Gionta - 5'7"

Mats Zuccarello 5'7"

Conor Sheary 5'8"

Cam Atkinson 5'8"

Martin St Louis 5'8" (on skates)

And Danny Briere himself.  I saw him not a little while back.  still short.  5'9"

On 2/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, OccamsRazor said:

No one ever in the history of the draft has ever been selected his size at forward for where the Flyers drafted.

You could say that about every position there is in the draft, until someone takes someone like that, starting with 1st overall and Patrick Kane.

I'm ok with York. But probably would have taken Caufield, Newhook or Krebs.