Sharks extend Karlsson for 11 million / yr for 8 years

Buffalo Rick

How do you feel about this extension?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the terms of this extension for EK by the Sharks?

• Love it! He is one of the best defenseman in the NHL and worth every penny.
    • Way too much for a defenseman who has had some signigficant injuries recently.
    • LOL .... Glad/Relieved my team did not sign him to that contract. this surely will put SJ in a Salary Cap bind.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

They have only 7 forwards under contract and 12 mill left to work with.

I don't know how they plan on filling out the roster.

Tomas Hertl would make a nice 2nd line center for the Flyers.....i'm just saying....

...easier to find a 3rd line center....so Hetl for.....you know who...

Nope hertl and meier are untouchable 😛

Wilson is a wizard, so let's how how he plays it

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Other than the freak achilles injury from being skated on and pulling his groin this year, how is he injury prone🤨

He plays 75+ games a year almost ever year lol

His groin tear this year is something he should have had surgery on right away instead of trying to play through it and aggravating it. but live and learn

Hmmm....looking at an actual stat sheet, I see where Karlsson DOES play more games per year than I had originally thought.
I suppose with a player of his stature, when he IS down, it is so glaring that it makes it look like he is out for longer than what he actually is.

Still though, this most recent injury, the groin, as you noted, serious. Tried rushing back, not a good idea.
Again, I don't dislike your boys, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing them hoist the Cup sooner than later, so I hope this past groin injury really isn't the beginning of something nagging longterm for him and the Sharks.

With regards to TB, the rumors were still sorta out there despite how close the Bolts are to the cap ceiling.
They have three UFA's (Girardi, Coburn, Stralman) who together, make what Karlsson is set to make....something like that could have been the source of speculation...basically Karlsson replaces those three on the TB blue line.....but I can't help but think that if TB somehow would have managed that, THEN Karlsson really does have serious chronic injury problems...man, what a spot they would have been in.

At any rate, Koji, congrats to your boys for keeping one of the better defensemen in the league....I still think its a move that is playing with fire a bit, but I sincerely hope it isn't a regrettable move for your team.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...