Rangers acquire defenceman Trouba from Jets

Rangers acquire defenceman Trouba from Jets

TSN.ca Staff

The New York Rangers have acquired defenceman Jacob Trouba from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.

#NYR have acquired D Jacob Trouba from the #nhljets in exchange for D Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in this week's #NHLDraft.

He enters the off-season as a restricted free agent. 

Trouba appeared in all 82 regular season games last season with the Jets, scoring eight goals and adding 42 assists for a total of 50 points. For his career, he has 42 goals and 137 assists.

He's played all six of his NHL seasons in Winnipeg. 

The 25-year-old was selected ninth overall in the 2012 NHL Draft.

Wow I thought it was going to be more than that. Pionk is a decent puck mover on the back end but very raw, plus the 20th pick I am surprised it was the best offer that they were able to get. Win for the Rangers. 

Also: every GM in the league knows that Trouba is never staying with the Jets, so their reaction when Chevy calls to say: "hey, Trouba is available" is not: "oh, amazing what an opportunity!" 

It's: "I was wondering when you'd call. I'll give you this pile of dog sh!t for him." 

So, for anyone saying the Jets shoulda got more for him, I give you: reality.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Well i guess that ends that! 

Flyers could have offered a better package, so i'm guessing they werent really after him. Maybe that 11 pick is more important to them, or perhaps they have another guy in the crosshairs. I still think they are happy with what they have and ghost ain't going anywhere

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Also: every GM in the league knows that Trouba is never staying with the Jets, so their reaction when Chevy calls to say: "hey, Trouba is available" is not: "oh, amazing what an opportunity!" 

It's: "I was wondering when you'd call. I'll give you this pile of dog sh!t for him." 

So, for anyone saying the Jets shoulda got more for him, I give you: reality.

What was the original reason Trouba didn't want to stay? He played for a contender, now he plays for...um, the Rangers.

• Like 1

• hf101 changed the title to Rangers acquire defenceman Trouba from Jets
12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well now we can put to rest the Trouba for Ghost trade rumors....

Yep. Thats the end of that!

Flyers could have offered more. Thats suggests they didnt really want him or are targeting someone else.

Ghost aint going nowhere

• Like 1

I am currently sacrificing a Bauer Vapor 1X Lite ADV Pro Stock Composite Hockey Stick 

to the Hockey Gods. with the expectation that trouba doesn't sign in NY and or he does but for a cap crippling number that he never lives up to !

Also I hate the rangers and think player and team deserve each other, did I say I hate the Rangers ? This is a great day ! Zero assest spent on that prima donna.   

• 9 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, Podein25 said:

I don't think it's that bad of a return, Pionk is a pretty decent RH 23 yr old Dman. He was an NCAA all-star. Smart, offensively minded.

Looks like the Jets get the last laugh here.

Trouba 27 points -12.

Poink 45 points +10

Oh and let's not forget the 8 mill for 7 years deal.

Oh well f**k the Rangers!!!

• 3 months later...