Rangers Get Trouba

King Knut

45 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I haven't read anything recently that makes as little sense as this.

Suit yourself. I'm just of the opinion that if the Flyers, as they are constructed right now, are 'unappealing' or being 'outclassed', it's because of the team Hextall built that doesn't seem to appeal to free agents for whatever reason. 

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

Suit yourself. I'm just of the opinion that if the Flyers, as they are constructed right now, are 'unappealing' or being 'outclassed', it's because of the team Hextall built that doesn't seem to appeal to free agents for whatever reason. 

If it doesn't appeal to free agents like Kevin Hayes who are borderline good, it's because he knows he won't get first line minutes there. That's the sign of a talented team with better players on it.

A Kevin Hayes type will likely get first line minutes in New York or someplace like that... that ISN'T AS TALENTED.  

A winger like Panarin who knows he'll likely get to play with talented (not to mention pass first guys like) Giroux or Couturier or Voracek or Ghost... might have a different opinion. 

16 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If it doesn't appeal to free agents like Kevin Hayes who are borderline good, it's because he knows he won't get first line minutes there. That's the sign of a talented team with better players on it.

A Kevin Hayes type will likely get first line minutes in New York or someplace like that... that ISN'T AS TALENTED.  

A winger like Panarin who knows he'll likely get to play with talented (not to mention pass first guys like) Giroux or Couturier or Voracek or Ghost... might have a different opinion. 

He isn't a top line center and he won't be in Boston or NY...Mika Zibenajad is their top line center.

So if that is the case with Hayes then it's the 2nd line or see ya!

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stupid phone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I dont think the Rangers are anything to brag about, we have a much better group of veteran and young players than they do.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I dont think the Rangers are anything to brag about, we have a much better group of veteran and young players than they do.

No, they're not a great team, but I don't think that's necessarily the appeal. It's NYC. *That* is the appeal.

Same with Florida or the West coast being appealing... the team construction has a part to play, but they also offer lifestyle benefits that some players prefer. 

Also, Hayes would have a good chance at playing with Kakko, who I think would slot on the 2nd or 3rd line as a rookie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Pionk is all of 23 years old. We're not even close to knowing how good he might become. The Jets front office is among the best in the league in assessing talent. They did their homework on Pionk (a guy I happen to have done some research on for my keeper league - alas he was drafted by someone else in the 6th round) and he's not just some throw in name. There's something they really like about his game.

I think that Cheveldayoff was in a really tough spot. Trouba wasn't re-signing.

Re: Pionk

Really like - Offensive skill

Don't like - Gives up the blueline pretty easily.

I think - Paul Maurice is a very good coach who can help him with that.

The bonus - The Jets get something very valuable in today's game: cap space, with the chance that they have a player on their hands.

• Like 1