McKenzie: Hayes signed - 7 yrs / 50 milion

ruxpin

Do you like this signing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the terms that the Flyers gave Hayes? (7 yrs / ~50 million)

• Yes - Best deal the Flyers could come up with
    • Yes - Glad he is a Flyers but signed for too much
    • Hell No! - Too much money. What is Fletcher doing to us???

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Look at the date that was just in jest of course he hadn't done anything yet it was only August...

Fly Eagles Fly

No, I know...  I thought we were being just all around sarcastic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I will say this about Hayes, in watching him play, he is looking like he is living up to his contract. He is falling into Couturier level of knowing how to hold on and maintain control of the puck, he was able to score a nice behind the net wrap around goal and is able to 9 out of 10 times skate with the puck out of the defensive zone and if trapped, he seems to be able to put it out of harms way.

His determination defensively is reminiscent of Coots skill level as well. I would trust him with the puck on his stick in the same company as Claude and Sean. Lindblom is getting there as well.

Hayes also can be another face off option as well. He is more versatile then Duchene. He has a LeClaire'ish way of putting his backside to the puck to protect it as he's going into the high danger zones. Kenny Loggins would be proud.

Somehow in the span of a few months, this thread got from Kevin Hayes being signed, to his butt being a "Danger Zone" to "enflamed vaginitis" 

well done.  keepin' it classy!

4 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Seriously... were you high?! Obviously "you" was used in passive form, people in general.

Or you really thought "you" signed him to a 7 year contract and not Fletch? :DohSmiley:

You yourself wrote "we are over Hayes by now". This thread has many Flyers fans saying the deal wasn't great. "We have moved to voracek..." Oh really? 🙄 Quit trying to be a censorship. Freedom of speech and so on...

My father always told me, "Never argue with an idiot, he will just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

Thank you for proving him correct

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

Somehow in the span of a few months, this thread got from Kevin Hayes being signed, to his butt being a "Danger Zone" to "enflamed vaginitis" 

well done.  keepin' it classy!

You can't Polish a turd

On 10/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Hockey-78 said:

6 games, 1 point, -4... ouch.

"Right market value". Hopefully the market isn't this right for the next 7 years, the league will go in bankrupt.

The Eye test doesn't justify those numbers.

He has been a positive factor in each game.

Have you seen him play?

"Right market value". is what it is. Look at Duchene. Hayes is more valuable that's for sure and cheaper.

The market is this right and will be right alot higher in the next 7 years. The league needs to remove the cap ceiling and let teams be allowed to buy who they want.

Bankrupt the cap ceiling to remove it from the league.

Edited by LegionOfDoom
grammer

16 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

"Right market value". is what it is. Look at Duchene. Hayes is more valuable that's for sure and cheaper.

I'm not gonna harp on Hayes, as I think he'll be fine, but I'm not sure comparing him to Duchene is fair.

For one thing, they're different players. Duchene has an offensive ability Hayes does not, and Hayes is better defensively. As far as which of the two has been most valuable, Duchene has 11pts in 9 games this year so far.

He is costing NSH one mil more than Hayes is costing here, but he also has no clauses at all until 22-23. And more importantly...

Look, I like Hayes. I like that he's defensively responsible, and I'm happy he's in an O&B sweater this year. That said, it's entirely possible Duchene will be a top 20 in pts or maybe even top 10 this year on the best team he's ever played for. There's no way Hayes gets to that point. 

Again, this isn't crapping on Hayes, but I don't think making this comparison is going to be a good one long term. "Value" is a hard sell when one guy ends the season with 80pts and the other with 45.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, elmatus said:

I'm not gonna harp on Hayes, as I think he'll be fine, but I'm not sure comparing him to Duchene is fair.

For one thing, they're different players. Duchene has an offensive ability Hayes does not, and Hayes is better defensively. As far as which of the two has been most valuable, Duchene has 11pts in 9 games this year so far.

He is costing NSH one mil more than Hayes is costing here, but he also has no clauses at all until 22-23. And more importantly...

Look, I like Hayes. I like that he's defensively responsible, and I'm happy he's in an O&B sweater this year. That said, it's entirely possible Duchene will be a top 20 in pts or maybe even top 10 this year on the best team he's ever played for. There's no way Hayes gets to that point. 

Again, this isn't crapping on Hayes, but I don't think making this comparison is going to be a good one long term. "Value" is a hard sell when one guy ends the season with 80pts and the other with 45.

Where I'm looking at it, is through which tool is better for our team. I would of loved to of won on Duchene because of his scoring.

But in regards to what our team could use more of is another Coots type player. Hayes is a big body and almost uses it as a shadow of Jagr in how he is able to hold on to the puck. I think Hayes is playing better offensively in the O and B. He seems to be the better part for our team than Duchene would of been. Would Duchene have been in AV's doghouse by now? I don't know. But Hayes is playing the right way and has the tools to seem to be an effective Playoff player in a deep run 7 game series. I know it's premature but Playoff Primeau's shadow seems to be on the ice when I see Hayes skating up and down. I don't recall what it was a goal, a chip in, and assist but Hayes was gassed and he was able to expend a bit more energy to complete his play in one of the previous games where he came back on the bench and I was impressed by his perseverance in going the extra mile. I think he scored a goal or created a goal scoring opportunity.

Duchene might end up scoring more goals or points than Hayes. But if someone asked me to trade Coots for a higher goal/point scorer, I would pass because Coots is able to do more things than just wrack up the points.

Again Duchene would of been a nice pickup for sure. But I think Hayes is what this team needed and because of the high cost to entry to get him, this thread started out as he was way over payed and not worth it.  He seems to be using his smarts and physical abilities now. Five years from now, he should still be able to use his smarts even though his physical abilities might not be as high. He can also play wing to complicate things less going forward.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

This is your reminder that we still have 5 more years of Hayes at $7M+ per year.

Will he break 50 pts this year?  There's always a chance.

I'm really hoping Fletch moves him in the off season. Not sure how possible or what would need to be done, but I really hope so. I have zero interest in another MacDud contract.

20 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I'm really hoping Fletch moves him in the off season. Not sure how possible or what would need to be done, but I really hope so. I have zero interest in another MacDud contract.

It is the least of this teams worries right now. After the upcoming season then he has a modified trade clause where he submits i think 12 teams he can't be traded too.

There are bigger fish to fry on the team, he had a core muscle injury he just got surgery on and if prorated for the season would've had his second best season of his career.

This isn't an excuse for him but with an injury he was still 4th on the team with even strength goals.

7th in overall points. 6th in assists. 7th in points per game. 5th in ppp per game among the forwards.

Tied for 2nd in GWGs. Tied for 1st in OTGs. 3rd in TOI per game. 

There are bigger issues right now that need to be resolved than worrying about Hollywood.

But i get it folks here hated the move to start with...but moving him now isn't going to happen.

They need to try and find a way to move JVR, Jake and Ghost. Priority #1 is find a right hand shot to pair with Ivan.

Do this and well go from there....but hey feel free to hate away i can't stop anyone.

12 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's called the heart.

Seems the whole team suffers from this.

12 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

There is a non-zero chance he scores 50 pts for the second time in his career.

Even if he doesn't there is more he can do to help the team. He isn't going anywhere right now.

We understand you don't like him. You don't have to repeat yourself. Unless you want to.

This team has bigger problems than just him. Like for instance getting Nolan Patrick playing well.

He is the guy who should be centering the second line. Right now getting him to look well centering the 4th is still being needed before they ever think about bumping Hayes down to at least the 3rd.

Getting Konecny back to putting up 60 plus is more important. Oskar back healthy and playing well.

I could go on and on. I know Hayes at his pay isn't ideal for 3rd line minutes but right now it is what it is.

There is a reason why the Avs are so damn good is because they drafted well and Sakic has been damn near amazing on all this trades.

Like Sam Girard for Matt Duchene in a 3 team trade, Brandon Saad for Zadorov, stealing Ryan Graves for Chris Bigras (the guy who just played with the Phantoms) and Devon Toews for two 2nds to name a few.

We could only dream of stuff like that from Chuckles right now...but Sakic hit home runs on all of them now to go with his collections of very good prospects and kids.

So forgive if i don't want to worry about Hayes right now but there are 3 guys on the team i want gone before worrying about him. But please don't let me rain on your parade.

You do you boo. Good day...

:beer: