McKenzie: Hayes signed - 7 yrs / 50 milion

ruxpin

Do you like this signing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the terms that the Flyers gave Hayes? (7 yrs / ~50 million)

• Yes - Best deal the Flyers could come up with
    • Yes - Glad he is a Flyers but signed for too much
    • Hell No! - Too much money. What is Fletcher doing to us???

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Here is the list of the top 10 picks in the 2017 Draft.....  Pettersson and Heiskanen are the only ones I would have drafted at #2.  In all fairness to Patrick he was recovering from an injury.  Because of that IMHO he should have been sent back to his junior club.  However this fan base would have gone apeshit if that occurred because of all the fanfare of him being the #2 overall pick.

How great would Pettersson be in O&B right now.  Like they say....hind-site is always 20/20

image.png.b60d4bcc1c1fbe4c8e2e78354664ce08.png

Yeah, that’s all fair.  I’m not sure at the time would have put those guys ahead of Patrick.  I think the consensus was pretty much that it was a two player draft and somewhat of a coin flip between Patrick and Hischier.  Point is, I don’t think they could be criticized for taking him.  

I do wonder if the messed with his progress.  Not just because maybe he would have benefitted from junior, but I wonder if they just haven’t spent enough time or been done things effectively to get him to improve his game.  Still not convinced it’s on the player.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Here is the list of the top 10 picks in the 2017 Draft.....  Pettersson and Heiskanen are the only ones I would have drafted at #2.  In all fairness to Patrick he was recovering from an injury.  Because of that IMHO he should have been sent back to his junior club.  However this fan base would have gone apeshit if that occurred because of all the fanfare of him being the #2 overall pick.

How great would Pettersson be in O&B right now.  Like they say....hind-site is always 20/20

image.png.b60d4bcc1c1fbe4c8e2e78354664ce08.png

Did you see Makar's debut in the playoffs? Kid is electric. I'd trade Patrick for Makar any day of the week...and I do think Patrick has untapped potential ....but we will never see Patrick and electric in the same sentence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clarke2Leach said:

Hayes wingers in Winnipeg were at any one time a combination of Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler and Conner and he produced himself out of the 2nd line. 

Sure and those guys have struggled this year and even into the playoffs to score. Not sure i blame that on Hayes.

And he only played in 20 games during the season which didn't see but 13 points in 20 games doesn't sound to shabby to me.

And in the playoffs he was between Perrault and Rolosovic so not exactly a lot to work with. Rolosovic might be one day..

Point being let's wait and see what he does in Philly we have 7 years to talk about it.

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I take it Holmgren had enough of the roster building and wants to “win now”?

Indeed,  the pressure is also mainly from Dave Scott, Comcast CEO.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

7x7 with a modified NMC is just too much for a 54 pt player that one time.

Keeping money on Gudas' salary ?

Throwing in a 3rd on the Braun deal ?

Yes it seems like they gave him the demands and didn't care how he got it done...of the issues above the NMC is the one that bugs me the most.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Indeed,  the pressure is also mainly from Dave Scott, Comcast CEO.

It’s like deja vu all over again...Leipold wanted the Playoffs and a Winter Classic, and next thing we know Fletcher signs Parise and Suter to identical $98M/13 year ($7.5M per season contract) with full NMC’s...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Did you see Makar's debut in the playoffs? Kid is electric. I'd trade Patrick for Makar any day of the week...and I do think Patrick has untapped potential ....but we will never see Patrick and electric in the same sentence. 

Yes, but will he score 60 goals? :ph34r::ph34r:

Good to see you back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Confirmed. 

https://twitter.com/jasonmyrt/status/1141431417437675521

@jasonmyrt: Contract also has a full no-move clause the first 3 years, and a 12 team limited no-trade clause for final 4 years of the deal. https://t.co/QgHWNBAXcq

Aaaaannnnnnd it's official....Fletcher is a total f****** asshole!

• Like 2

I live in NY, so I see a lot of Rangers games.  Hayes is a less talented Stepan:  another in a long line of young Ranger forwards who were supposed be stars and ended up being middle six guys at best.  A high end grinder with a little skill, but not a dynamic game changer in any way, shape, or form.

Hayes is worth $5M-$5.5 at best.  Given the market, $6M would have been acceptable.  At $7M+, Flyers fans will want this guy off the team in under three years.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

With the NMC, Hayes has to be protected in the Seattle draft, so look forward to losing one of Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Konecny, or Morin.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

With the NMC, Hayes has to be protected in the Seattle draft, so look forward to losing one of Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Konecny, or Morin.

Yeah,  not to happy with the Flyers current strategy.  

:welcome:  to the forums.  We are a rather friendly crew here.

17 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yeah,  not to happy with the Flyers current strategy.  

:welcome:  to the forums.  We are a rather friendly crew here.

Except for me. I hate everyone here.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well it's coming together....

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier- 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jake Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - ???????????????
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 38 Ryan Hartman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we traded Schenn to sign more expensive Schenn ? I thought we already had the homegrown pivots, then Hayes money for Simmonds...or is Hayes, Frost and Farabee a better future?  Don't know how lesser TOI and forward depth will help Nolan's game, either.  Either before or after we look like a slow team.  

JvR  Giroux  V   -  Big $

Schenn Coots Simmonds  - Not 2 Shabby

Lindb   Nolan  Konec  - Young Turks

Rat Rafterman  Raffl  - Schraaps