You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

ruxpin

McKenzie: Hayes signed - 7 yrs / 50 milion

Do you like this signing?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the terms that the Flyers gave Hayes? (7 yrs / ~50 million)

• Yes - Best deal the Flyers could come up with
    • Yes - Glad he is a Flyers but signed for too much
    • Hell No! - Too much money. What is Fletcher doing to us???

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

"now if this works out and they eventually win a Cup you won't find a hockey fan here who would be mad "

(giggles).....tee-hee-hee, SNORT!, HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

ROTFLMFAO

stop it! I cant take it anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

You have to keep the Phantoms stocked, so our next future head coach has some success 

It will be stocked for sure in fact not sure where you are going to keep all the guys and so they get some good playing minutes.

Forward already

Rubtsov Laberge Mcdonald 

Farabee Frost Strome

Ratcliffe Bunnaman Strome

Goulbourne Vorobyev Kase

Twarynski 

Then you be adding Laczynski, Allison, Lycksell and Cates

Brennan Friedman

Schlemko Willcox 

And be adding Wylie, Ginning, Kalnuk, Hogberg, Bernhardt and St. Ivany

As i said if you don't want to rush all these kids WTF are you going to put and play them??

You will have to start moving some of them. 

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

(giggles).....tee-hee-hee, SNORT!, HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

ROTFLMFAO

stop it! I cant take it anymore

Hey i can dream right...nothing wrong with that.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It will be stocked for sure in fact not sure where you are going to keep all the guys and so they get some good playing minutes.

Forward already

Rubtsov Laberge Mcdonald 

Farabee Frost Strome

Ratcliffe Bunnaman Strome

Goulbourne Vorobyev Kase

Twarynski 

Then you be adding Laczynski, Allison, Lycksell and Cates

Brennan Friedman

Schlemko Willcox 

And be adding Wylie, Ginning, Kalnuk, Hogberg, Bernhardt and St. Ivany

As i said if you don't want to rush all these kids WTF are you going to put and play them??

You will have to start moving some of them. 

I was being sarcastic over how many times we have hired a head coach from the Phantoms, usually a former Flyer

PHANTOMS = Flyer head coach farm system

Edited by CoachX

I was being sarcastic over how many times we have hired a head coach from the Phantoms, usually a former Flyer

PHANTOMS = Flyer head coach farm system

It worked for Berube.

If the Flyers signed a 20  year old clone of Gretzky, one of us would bitch about the length and cost of contract 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

It worked for Berube.

Not as a flyer

Not as a flyer

But his experiences had to be crucial in him learning that got him to the Cup. It pains me to say it but it had to.

But his experiences had to be crucial in him learning that got him to the Cup. It pains me to say it but it had to.

I agree. 

Maybe what I should have said : "Phantoms" = farm system for future cup winners with other franchises

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So looking around at some of these teams and the production they were getting from their 2nd line centers.

Brayden Point is the high mark at 92 points.

And there are many scattered in between the Flames low point of Backlund at 47 points (not saying it's the lowest just one of).

Soderberg 49 points. Sabres Rodrigues is actually lowest at 29 but i think Middlestadt played some 2nd line center.

So i am expecting a 65-75 point season from Hayes to justify the price tag. I think that is doable.

Kuznetsov 72, Krejci 73, Domi 72, ROR 77, Barzal 62, Matthews 73 just to name a few.

So i think it is completely fair to expect 65-75 points from Hayes and with this deep team anything less will be a disappointment.

I think we all can agree on that as far as expectations.

As i said i didn't look at every team's 2nd line center but quite a few. 

Edited by OccamsRazor
#ournewwhippingboy?
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So i am expecting a 65-75 point season from Hayes to justify the price tag. I think that is doable.

Kuznetsov 72, Krejci 73, Domi 72, ROR 77, Barzal 62, Matthews 73 just to name a few.

So i think it is completely fair to expect 65-75 points from Hayes and with this deep team anything less will be a disappointment.

I don't really think it's fair at all to expect that kind of production from him. That's a 20%-40% increase. 

If he reaches that, awesome! But if he reaches 55, that would be successful based on realistic expectations.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

I don't really think it's fair at all to expect that kind of production from him. That's a 20%-40% increase. 

If he reaches that, awesome! But if he reaches 55, that would be successful based on realistic expectations.

Fair?

Sheesh, you don't get much for $7M these days...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Podein25 said:

Fair?

Sheesh, you don't get much for $7M these days...

Whether you pay $50 or $50,000 for a Lumina, it's still a Lumina.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, brelic said:

But if he reaches 55

Sorry but i would be very disappointed with that.

No reason with the depth the Flyers have and a 30 goal scorer on one wing and a 80 point player on his other wing to not be able to expect a 65-75 point season....no reason....anything less and i will be pissed...just calling it like i see it. You don't have to agree but i think many here would expect that.

If anyone else here disagrees with me then please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

No reason with the depth the Flyers have and a 30 goal scorer on one wing and a 80 point player on his other wing to not be able to expect a 65-75 point season....no reason....anything less and i will be pissed...just calling it like i see it. You don't have to agree but i think many here would expect that.

There's a very big reason. It's Kevin Hayes. He's never done it before, nor has he ever come close. 

So, if he does it, it would be amazing. But that is not at all my expectation. 

I'd say you're setting yourself up for disappointment! lol

I think if we're anticipating the Flyers to make the playoffs that 55 might be reasonable - although Occ's point about having a 30 goal scorer and an 80 point player on his line is solid.

If they're going to honestly "compete for ths Stanley Cup" with Hayes as 2C it's not unreasomable to think they're going to need him to produce as other serious contender 2Cs do. And that's more in the 65-70 range than 50-55.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If anyone else here disagrees with me then please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

it will be hard for him to crack 60 points if he doesn't get first power play time. If he does, that means that they've managed to fix the second power play unit and he was a factor in it.

22 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

it will be hard for him to crack 60 points if he doesn't get first power play time. If he does, that means that they've managed to fix the second power play unit and he was a factor in it.

Agreed. Not sure if he is a good PP guy or not. He's big and not scared to go to the net, so I could see him being effective in that type of role. He's also smart and can make passes. But a 1st unit PP guy? Not so sure.

Karlson's contract makes the Hayes contract look even worse.  Karlson was an RFA, while Hayes was an UFA, but Karlson is the more desirable player in every way and signed for less money and less AAV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Karlson's contract makes the Hayes contract look even worse.  Karlson was an RFA, while Hayes was an UFA, but Karlson is the more desirable player in every way and signed for less money and less AAV.

Sure but Vegas owned his rights and now how are they going to resign they guys and fill out their roster already 6 mill over the cap???

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but Vegas owned his rights and now how are they going to resign they guys and fill out their roster already 6 mill over the cap???

It's not that bad for them. 13 forwards under contract, six defensemen, and one goalie. Clarkson goes on LTIR and that gives them 5.25 million in relief. Really, all they need is a cheap defenseman and to get Subban under contract. They'll have to make a move, but nothing crazy.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:13 AM, OccamsRazor said:

And to me a Cup run right now would be just making the playoffs. The next step in the progression.

Baby steps.

babysteps.png

On 6/21/2019 at 12:12 PM, Podein25 said:

Agreed. Not sure if he is a good PP guy or not. He's big and not scared to go to the net, so I could see him being effective in that type of role. He's also smart and can make passes. But a 1st unit PP guy? Not so sure.

I guess this makes the Hayes deal look not so great now....home town discount?

The 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 have officially signed 

Hidden Content

to an eight-year contract through the 2026-27 season worth an average annual value of $5.9 million.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess this makes the Hayes deal look not so great now....home town discount?

The 

Hidden Content

have officially signed 

Hidden Content

to an eight-year contract through the 2026-27 season worth an average annual value of $5.9 million.

No so great? 

When did it look great?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

No so great? 

When did it look great?

Good sarcasm.

Not that Hayes can't play but too many years, too much money... IMO even before Karlsson's contract.