The Flyers final move?

RonJeremy

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Perfect opportunity to move Ghost to wing.   No, I'm not kidding.   He would actually be a perfect 3rd line winger.    

Popping the cork a bit, are ya?  Lol

Just kidding.

This is not the time for science experiments. Ghost is either one of your top D-men, or you move him for a very profitable return. Outside of our little forum here, he is regarded as a rare commodity with little focus on his "down year". If he is traded, the Flyers will regret that move. I dont think he is going anywhere

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Ok, hello Toronto,  Fletcher here..Im gonna offer sheet Kapanen, id like to work out a deal..Take your pick, Haag or  a second round pick which i will have when i trade Haag somewhere else. So the younger guys you listed didnt become UFA to sign a 2-3 year deal and sign a reasonable deal right, they will be looking for term and $$$. So id opt for Williams for one year or go for a young guy like Kapanen. If  however, we draft that speedy midget goal scorer with our pick, then  i would sign Williams or Pavelski for no more than 2 years until our midget is ready. 

I'm pretty sure it has to be your own 2nd rounder, not one acquired elsewhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

Perfect opportunity to move Ghost to wing.   No, I'm not kidding.   He would actually be a perfect 3rd line winger.    

Hey why not Sami Kapanen played defense for them too....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Thats why i said offer them Haag, he is worth a second rounder or trade Haag somewhere else get a second rounder and give it to Toronto

The picks surrendered in RFA compensation have to be your own pick.  So unless SJ trades us Hagg for our own 2nd rounder we can't offer sheet him.  We would have to do a trade and sign.  I think Kappy would be a perfect 3rd line RW for us.  He's young, has speed, and can score.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hf101 said:

That isn't quite the way offer sheets work.  How much were you willing to spend for Kapanen?

Why would you trade a young good defenseman for a third line player?   

He said trade Haag. Haag was quite possibly the worst defenseman in the league.

He's also not likely to be a guy Dubas would want. He's an analytics guy.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Popping the cork a bit, are ya?  Lol

Just kidding.

This is not the time for science experiments. Ghost is either one of your top D-men, or you move him for a very profitable return. Outside of our little forum here, he is regarded as a rare commodity with little focus on his "down year". If he is traded, the Flyers will regret that move. I dont think he is going anywhere

I've actually suggested ghost at F for a couple of years so that you can use a F spot on him in expansion. Of course, mostly tongue in cheek...

2 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

The picks surrendered in RFA compensation have to be your own pick.  So unless SJ trades us Hagg for our own 2nd rounder we can't offer sheet him.  We would have to do a trade and sign.  I think Kappy would be a perfect 3rd line RW for us.  He's young, has speed, and can score.

Kapanen for a 2nd?  he's only, like, 22. 

The Homer/Fletcher blueprint is only deal draft picks for OVER 30. Unless its an UFA you can overpay. Then waste the pick acquiring his rights AND overpay him.

I hope he's right that they'd rather keep him, and of course, they should listen. I just worry that Fletcher not just loses a Ghost trade, but loses it badly. Not to mention he still has two RFA defencemen not locked up when teams could be lining up to throw around offer sheets (in general, not just at Philly). He could suddenly find himself short all of his puck moving LD (not likely, but possible).

On top of that, moving Ghost means that you have one pair that's fairly inexperienced again, with Hagg-Myers or Morin-Myers. I guess you could do Provorov-Myers, but that's a lot to put on Myers right away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Philly29 said:

Please keep Ghost.

At this point, there is really little reason to move him. That's not saying we won't move him, only that there's really no reason to do so.

This off-season has been hard to watch. I went from being ambivalent but hopeful in Fletch's GM abilities to being stressful of what he might do next. Memories of the Homercoaster are flooding in. What wires together, fires together.

Why Hexy had to go and open his mouth, and why he couldn't get rid of the Hak disaster before it was too late. I dunno. 

But, it is what it is I suppose. I do think the team should be better this year. Just the coaching and goalie upgrades are enough that we absolutely should make the playoffs at least. I also don't mind our off-season acquisitions, I just don't think they're the kind of guys who make us into contenders or anything, and what we gave up for the return seems...

Well anyway. There's little we can do but watch. 

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Philly29 said:

Please keep Ghost.

I agree Eklund insist the Flyers are in on Ehlers still i just can't see how or why.

They are set at LW. Giroux, JVR, Lindblom and Raffl are down the left side.

The only thing i can see is are they thinking about kicking Giroux to the RW side on the top line???

Ehlers - Couturier - Giroux

JVR - Hayes - Voracek

Lindblom - Patrick - Konecny

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman

Is that were they are going with this otherwise his rumor makes no sense and who would be going the other way?

Ghost??

Edited by OccamsRazor

Honestly, I'd be pretty ok if they didn't get another winger and left one spot open for Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, NAK, Rubtsov, etc. to fight over. Of course, I'm weird, and I might mix the lines up some so I have a top line, middle six that gets the same amount of even strength ice time (Something AV has alluded to doing), and then a 4th line.

Giroux - Couturier - Frost/Ratcliffe/Farabee/etc. - Honestly, unless it's me playing on that wing, that guy is going to get his. Giroux shifts to RW if a LW makes it out of camp. The biggest issue is that takes away his one timer.

JVR - Hayes - Konecny - Two big boys and the jerk. They can create space for TK.

Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek - This line looked pretty good for the brief period it was together last year. 

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman/NAK - Would be one of the top 4th lines in the league.

The safe bet of course if Konecny on Couturier's right and Lindblom flipping to the RW if they use one of the youngsters. I'd still prefer that they spread the talent out though, and not go JVR - Hayes - Voracek. Go JVR - Hayes - Lindblom. Use Voracek to help prop up Patrick's confidence and create matchup problems for opponents.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:24 PM, OccamsRazor said:

That opportunity is gone. They don't have a 2nd rounder anymore.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, sekkes85 said:

Not true. Since you can't sign him to an offer sheet until after the draft, the pick needed is next year's. What they can't do is go up into the 1+3 territory.

Edited by AJgoal