Hartman Traded

CoachX

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if they can help now I really don't give a **** what they turn into their time is up.

Find someone else who can and get rid of them or let them rot in the AHL.

But that's just what I'm saying.  They're going to rot in the AHL and at best be a halfway decent injury call up once in a while.  Why do we need to be antsy about that?  

1 hour ago, brelic said:

FTFY :)

Not everyone is cut out for the NHL. In fact, very few are. It's rarefied air. It's an elite-level accomplishment.

And that's ok :) Some of our guys might become the next Colin McDonalds, TJ Brennans, Neil Littles. Every organization needs those guys.

Exactly.  I'm not sure what the sticking point is.  They're not getting paid anything or taking up roster spots.  It's not like we're going to get any great value for trading them.  

If anyone wants them, they can sign them or trade for them.  In the mean time, maybe they'll win a Calder Cup or two with Frosty and Radcliffe and everyone's happy.  Who cares?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Completely agree with you.

But the sentiment remains that it's essentially "stealing". Homer even said it's one of the reasons he had to step down - the Weber offer sheet tainted his reputation.

Well, the Weber offer sheet probably SHOULD have been a reason Homer needed to step down.  The offer sheet was absurd.  It would have screwed the Flyers immeasurably.  It wasn't just an attempt to get a player, it was ridiculous.  The black balling of a GM over that isn't something that should have made other GMs stop trading with him, but it IS something that should have made Lukko fire his ass immediately.  It was insanity.  

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well right now they is a 3rd line RW spot open and the 13th forward spot open.

So Chuck might want to fill it with one of the guys I mentioned.

Time is running out it is now or never for NAK and Goul I think.

The opportunity is there for the taking.

Seize the moment.

Goulbourne is a UFA. Good chance the Flyers don't sign him.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

FTFY :)

Not everyone is cut out for the NHL. In fact, very few are. It's rarefied air. It's an elite-level accomplishment.

And that's ok :) Some of our guys might become the next Colin McDonalds, TJ Brennans, Neil Littles. Every organization needs those guys.

Besides, Andrew MacDonald proved you don't necessary have to be cut out for the NHL to never the less have a lengthy career in the NHL.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hi @aziz

I see you lurking there.   Hope you're well.

ha, yup, i got caught.  saw the flyers hired nick schultz for player development, and headed on over to watch the fireworks.  but there aren't any.  then saw this thread with 100+ posts, said, "who the heck is hartman?" and started looking for fireworks again.  but none here, either, really.

you people got real polite over the last few years.  was i just a bad influence?  😁

all is well down this'a'way, hope everyone else is hanging in there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aziz said:

you people got real polite over the last few years. 

Show me where I was polite!  SHOW ME!

Go #### yourself!

Kidding.  Good to see you, you bad influence!

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Not everyone is cut out for the NHL.

And that is fine but 23 going on 24 they should be contributing somewhere in the bottom 6 some how some way or time to find some who can and they have guys coming in behind GTFO the way!

43 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Goulbourne is a UFA. Good chance the Flyers don't sign him.

So glad Ron passed on Bjorkstand for him...hey maybe could have filled the RW hole they have if they would have drafted him and...ah **** it have to get back to work it doesn't even matter....

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And that is fine but 23 going on 24 they should be contributing somewhere in the bottom 6 some how some way or time to find some who can and they have guys coming in behind GTFO the way!

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to harp on this, i’m just trying to understand your point. GTFO of the way... for what?  

What are they in the way of? 

41 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to harp on this, i’m just trying to understand your point. GTFO of the way... for what?  

What are they in the way of? 

Well obviously if they will be taking money and a contract that could go to hopefully someone else who could actually help.

Don't worry about it I'm not. 

Earlier today, Fletcher said Hartman trade was largely cap-related due to lower-than-expected ceiling. Talbot wants a chance to be a No. 1 again. Nothing imminent on RFA re-signings but that is now the No. 1 priority.

Too bad both are lost in the woods...

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Talbot wants a chance to be a No. 1 again.

In all seriousness, who the hell is hiring the guy to be a #1?   Columbus? LOL   

I'm really trying to think of a team that is stuck and would take a chance on him even being a stopgap until a kid arrives.   He should go to Buffalo; I know a guy who will love him for 5 minutes until the nude poster of Miller over his bed starts to weep.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

In all seriousness, who the hell is hiring the guy to be a #1?   Columbus? LOL   

I'm really trying to think of a team that is stuck and would take a chance on him even being a stopgap until a kid arrives.   He should go to Buffalo; I know a guy who will love him for 5 minutes until the nude poster of Miller over his bed starts to weep.

Dude started a TON of games in the last few years. The idea of not being #1 has got to be foreign to him.   Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well obviously if they will be taking money and a contract that could go to hopefully someone else who could actually help.

Don't worry about it I'm not. 

I couldn’t imagine being worried about it. That’s why I was confused.  

9 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Dude started a TON of games in the last few years. The idea of not being #1 has got to be foreign to him.   Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

I realize it's got to be foreign to HIM.   I'm not thinking of anyone else.  I don't care what is or isn't foreign to him.  I'm wondering what GM hires him as a starter.

But he's not a #1 goalie.  His best-case scenario is he finds a tandem situation somewhere (similar to what they have on the Islanders).  He was good as a backup in New York, and he was decent his first year in Edmonton.  But there is a lot of work to be done there.  If I'm a GM, I'm not hiring him as my starter.  Not even at league minimum.   Not if I'm soberly attempting to actually win anything.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

In all seriousness, who the hell is hiring the guy to be a #1?

There were rumors the other day about the Flames and him having mutual interest.

Now it didn't say as the starter but i'm sure he was told he maybe compete for the net....and if all he has to out play is Rittich well he has a small glimmer of hope.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So glad Ron passed on Bjorkstand for him...hey maybe could have filled the RW hole they have if they would have drafted him and...ah **** it have to get back to work it doesn't even matter....

I thought that was the last Homer draft, am I mistaken?

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

There were rumors the other day about the Flames and him having mutual interest.

Now it didn't say as the starter but i'm sure he was told he maybe compete for the net....and if all he has to out play is Rittich well he has a small glimmer of hope.

With 10 chances, I take Rittich every time. 

56 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think you're right about it being Homer (which is even worse) regardless time to move on from them if they can't help........but he did have a hand in the Mcdud fiasco.

Edited by OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

2013, so yes. Also, I would have thought if we were going to wine about taking Goulbourne over anyone the third round it would have been Guentzel, not Bjorkstrand, but that’s just me. 

• Like 1