Hartman Traded

CoachX

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

2013, so yes. Also, I would have thought if we were going to wine about taking Goulbourne over anyone the third round it would have been Guentzel, not Bjorkstrand, but that’s just me. 

Lol. Was he really drafted ahead of Guentzel? Astounding. I mean, the Flyers weren't the only ones who missed there, but wow. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought that was the last Homer draft, am I mistaken?

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought that was the last Homer draft, am I mistaken?

2013, so yes. Also, I would have thought if we were going to wine about taking Goulbourne over anyone the third round it would have been Guentzel, not Bjorkstrand, but that’s just me. 

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Lol. Was he really drafted ahead of Guentzel? Astounding. I mean, the Flyers weren't the only ones who missed there, but wow. 

Duclair too.  BUT to be fair, A LOT of guys were taken above Geuntzel and Duclair.  Oddly, both teams traded their first and second round picks that year (the penguins got a second back from Columbus though).  The Rangers apparently didn't have a second either.  I think DuClair was their first pick.  The Penguins got goalie Tristan Jarry ahead of Guentzel.  Guentzel IMHO, SHOULD have been the Conn Smythe winner on their last run.  Crosby got it on name recognition and the C alone.  

He hasn't the achievements of Jake Guentzel yet, but Lindblom was a 5th rounder. 

952513338_ScreenShot2019-06-27at1_16_07AM.png.f002982e34dbb235fbfddec2357a5773.png

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
Earlier today, Fletcher said Hartman trade was largely cap-related due to lower-than-expected ceiling. Talbot wants a chance to be a No. 1 again. Nothing imminent on RFA re-signings but that is now the No. 1 priority.

Too bad both are lost in the woods...

GM speak.  I dont buy it. The guy was overrated. There's a reason he keeps getting moved . He was a throw in for the Simmonds trade and the Flyers saw enough (way more then needed) of him

Thank you trash truck

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Thank you trash truck

Mine only comes around on Thursdays must be different up in Philly...

...I need to ask @ruxpin to see what days he comes around up there...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

33 minutes ago, CoachX said:

GM speak.  I dont buy it. The guy was overrated. There's a reason he keeps getting moved . He was a throw in for the Simmonds trade and the Flyers saw enough (way more then needed) of him

Thank you trash truck

Your contention is that Hartman was a throw in for that conditional pick, eh?  

Oh that Chuck is a Wiley one. 

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Your contention is that Hartman was a throw in for that conditional pick, eh?  

Oh that Chuck is a Wiley one. 

No. I think Nashville saw enough and wanted him gone. So they convinced the Flyers to give him a change of scenery. On paper, considering his draft position, it could be argyed he would be a good assest. However, he was what he was, and they jettisoned him first chance

The description of who he is as a player,  and the reality, are worlds apart.

He's FAKE NEWS

• Good Post 1

On 6/27/2019 at 6:36 AM, CoachX said:

Thank you trash truck

Just read a rumor that MN plans to sign him for just under $2m.

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Thats about $1,999,999 too much

Its really not.  

Its just about about market value. I’f Assumed he’d be getting As much from the Flyers.  

He’s a very acceptable role player.  I think he would have been an excellent 4RW who could slot up to 3 On injury fill in.  He’s not a top 6er.  Big whoop.  Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have utility to someone.  I’m not gonna rag on him because Fletcher brought him back for Simmonds and he wasn’t a secret smash success.  He was a good role player who should be good for 12-15mins of solid hockey a night.