(sigh) same old Canes

yave1964

Carolina is once again wearing their cheap skates.

The club has announced that they may be unable to resign either Mrazek or McBackup, with a bunch of cap space they used it to add Marleau who they cut on the spot (I know, it was for the future first rounder) and now this trade:

Carolina sends Chicago De Haan, a serviceable underrated defensive d-man and kid forward Saarela who was second on the Calder Champion Checkers in scoring, they add cheap goalie Anton Forsberg who has failed trials in two cities already and young very raw Gus Forsling, also now in his third organization. To be fair De Haan is coming off shoulder surgery but everything I have read is he will be ready for the start of the season.

I mentioned elsewhere that I thought that after a trip to the conference finals it would be nice to see the Canes add, not subtract but it looks as if they are planning on a time share in net involving Forsberg/Darling/Nedeljkovic and free agents Justin Williams and Michael Ferland are rumored to be on their way out as well. Justin Faulk, always involved in every trade rumor will likely be dealt soon as well.

With a conference finals in the books, it should be high hopes for a city starving for a winner but instead it looks as if they are going to take a step back next year. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not so sure about this, yave. From my view point they've been making lately some solid moves. Nedeljkovic might be the next binnington, Reimer brings experience, Darling out, Haula in, Ferland would've been a costly pair of knuckles, Svechnikov with more experience heading into the season....

Not entirely impossible for me to start supporting them....🤨