Top free agents where will they land?

Less than a week away...…

This years crop is a bumper one, much deeper than usual (excepting defense, hence the crazy trades for blueliners). Here is an uneducated guess where many of the top free agents will land on or around July first. Feel free to jump in with your own thoughts.

PANARIN Visiting Colorado and the Island, I feel he will be in Florida with Quenneville in a matter of days.

BOBROVSKY See Panarin. Florida

ZUCCARELLO Colorado bound.

DUCHENE Freeing up money by trading Subban, Nashville lands the top center.

ANDERS LEE A return to the Island. They wont lose their captain two years running

GARDINER To Motown. Sadly.

LEHNER Begging to return to the Isles. It will happen.

PAVELSKI Biggest upset, hangup is term, going to the Wild.

TYLER MYERS Biggest overpayment going to the Canucks for too much and too long.

NYQUIST Edmonton. They need wingers desperately.

JOHANSSON a return to Boston.

FERLAND Hawks final piece of a nice summer haul.

TANEV Hurricanes replacement for Simmonds.

SIMMONDS Jets replacement for Tanev.

JUSTIN WILLIAMS Sharks for the playoff acumen.

DZINGEL resigning with the CBJ.

BRASSARD also to the CBJ.

PERRY Edmonton takes a chance.

VARLAMOV hurricanes goalie for now.

MRAZEK CBJ try and fail to replace Bob.

THORNTON, STRALMAN AND ENGELLAND all stay put. so do Connolly, Boyle and Maroon.

CHIASSON booby prize for whoever misses out on the real forwards. 

DONSKOI sleeper pick signs with the Penguins. So does LOVEJOY. 

MIKE SMITH Flyers new backupgoalie.

TALBOT on his way to Calgary.

25-30 names listed above, some will be right, most wrong. Anyone else want to pick some of them?

BTW Orpik retired today. All he did was win Stanley Cups. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

TANEV Hurricanes replacement for Simmonds.

SIMMONDS Jets replacement for Tanev.

Gawd I hope that doesn't happen. I cannot see the Jets making that calculation. For one thing, they are not equivalent players because Simmonds has lost his step. Tanev might be the quickest, most fiercest puck hounder in the league. That's a pretty good quality in a hockey player ("take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill-humor")

I think they try their damnedest to sign Tanev. Coach, teammates, fans: they all  love him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Gawd I hope that doesn't happen. I cannot see the Jets making that calculation. For one thing, they are not equivalent players because Simmonds has lost his step. Tanev might be the quickest, most fiercest puck hounder in the league. That's a pretty good quality in a hockey player ("take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill-humor")

I think they try their damnedest to sign Tanev. Coach, teammates, fans: they all  love him. 

Agreed, I love Tanev, the kid can play for me any day and twice on Sunday and like you said Simmonds has lost a step. I just dont think the Jets can afford to keep him and I think he may be looking for a team willing to give him a look in a more offensive role.The Jets top six is just too deep. I know they are shopping Perrault actively which may free up the money and the role for him to stay. 

• Like 1

And are their two more opposite brothers in the game than Brandon and Chris? Brandon is junk yard dog, he gets it, as you mentioned take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor to quote Freddie the Fog, his brother Chris is a very soft finesse defender who seems to abhor the rought stuff. they couldn't be more opposite. 

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Agreed, I love Tanev, the kid can play for me any day and twice on Sunday and like you said Simmonds has lost a step. I just dont think the Jets can afford to keep him and I think he may be looking for a team willing to give him a look in a more offensive role.The Jets top six is just too deep. I know they are shopping Perrault actively which may free up the money and the role for him to stay. 

Yeah, I think they find a way. I was a bit surprised that they didn't try to package Perreault with Trouba. Maybe they did, but in the end made a hockey trade instead of a cap trade. 

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

And are their two more opposite brothers in the game than Brandon and Chris? Brandon is junk yard dog, he gets it, as you mentioned take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor to quote Freddie the Fog, his brother Chris is a very soft finesse defender who seems to abhor the rought stuff. they couldn't be more opposite. 

Agreed.