No Qualifying Offer for Bailey. He’s not UFA.

King Knut

So first Hartman, now Bailey. 

Something else is  is definitely coming.

it could be that TK and Provo are holding out together and Fletch is clearing space for them, but Fletcher’s still short a roster spot with no one with real professional experience to take it... and he’s still got more D-Men than he can carry. 

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Something else is  is definitely coming.

The trash truck?   Not signing Bailey could simply mean he's worthless.  Just saying.

could also be trying to make room for Provorov's monster contract.  With Fletcher, you can count on $2M too much for 2 years too many and a NMC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

he’s still got more D-Men than he can carry.

Yeah, someone has got to be moved.  You have to imagine that Hagg is better-suited to be the 7th than Ghost.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, someone has got to be moved.  You have to imagine that Hagg is better-suited to be the 7th than Ghost.

But Ghost is 6th.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I wonder.

There's really no sense to trading Ghost. The team is clearly going for it. And you won't get the value back from him that makes sense. What do you have open? 3RW. Who are you going to bring in to fill that slot, that provides as much on-ice value as Ghost?

Nylander is too expensive. Even so, Ghost has been equally as productive from the back end. Nylander won't get his usual point totals on the 2nd PP unit. So you're downgrading the team there.

A Ghost trade ONLY made sense before the Hayes move. Trade Ghost for a young 2C - Aho, Karlsson... Then it makes sense because the value is similar and you have the cap space to play with. Now, there's none of that.

Of course, the fact that it doesn't make sense, given what we've seen so far, probably mean it's going to happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, someone has got to be moved. 

Schlemko will be waived to the AHL that will free up about 1.1 mill and Lyon another 750K.

35 minutes ago, intheslot said:

One word  Kapanen..

For Hagg.

• Like 1

Only trade value Ghost has is bringing back a top 6 guy. He would probably be part of a package. I have no idea who or what , but it just seems logical

Hold out hope for a blockbuster, but expect that the team stands pat. 

I volunteer to drive the trash truck

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Schlemko will be waived to the AHL that will free up about 1.1 mill and Lyon another 750K.

For Hagg.

Well from Toronto's side if they're trading Kapanen for Hagg the Flyers would have to add a 2nd rounder. As for Ghost, if you're going to trade him then send him to a Western conference team where you're not going to play against him as much as you would if he was in Montreal or Toronto. I can't see Toronto because of their cap situation.

20 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

No I'm saying that the Leafs will expect that if they were trading Kapanen, I'm not saying that I'd want the Flyers to do that.

Well they can want all they want they want but he has only put up 44 points with 20 goals once and doesn't have a lot of trade value I don't think and Hagg can play in the bottom 4 which to me has more trade value than a 3rd line winger.

Kapanen has already been traded once.

So I am in no way getting worked up over him they can take it or leave it I would find another taker for Hagg they need defensemen more than the Flyers.

And Hagg is on a nice affordable deal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The trash truck?   Not signing Bailey could simply mean he's worthless.  Just saying.

well, he *IS* worthless.

why is it that fans always think "something else is coming" when a move or a signing has been made?  

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

well, he *IS* worthless.

why is it that fans always think "something else is coming" when a move or a signing has been made?  

Often wishful thinking.

Sometimes the answer to "why did the chicken cross the road?" is simply "he was walking that direction and didn't give two ####s about the road" and nothing more.   But some like to put meaning to why a potato is shaped as it is.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Often wishful thinking.

Sometimes the answer to "why did the chicken cross the road?" is simply "he was walking that direction and didn't give two ####s about the road" and nothing more.   But some like to put meaning to why a potato is shaped as it is.

I thought it was because the chicken was stapled to the frog?

• Haha 1

Just now, Podein25 said:

I thought it was because the chicken was stapled to the frog?

Not so much stapled.  See, there was this fly and, well, the frog's tongue got stuck in the chicken's ###.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Not so much stapled.  See, there was this fly and, well, the frog's tongue got stuck in the chicken's ###.

Someone slap me and remind me again why we need a thread dedicated to this guy?

• Like 1