Seravalli: Flyers & Provorov not close

ruxpin

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

I agree with the opinions that he will get signed. For whatever amount it turns out to be, one thing is certain, it's going to be hated on this forum. 

There is no way they go to all this trouble fixing the defense, just to let their centerpiece walk. I don't care what they have to pay, just frickin do it. In my mind there isn't a number that's too high

This x1000. 

Both parts

6 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Provorov is the lead defender in Philadelphia. When he's on, there's no one on that club that's better. And when he's out of sorts (like last season) everyone is affected. I get he didn't have the 'numbers', but the intangibles he brings to the table are immeasurable. Honestly, if Giroux and Voracek are worth $8+ million per year, then Provorov is right up there with them. If I'm GM, I'd start with an 8 year/$62 million deal, $7.75 million per year cap hit. 

As it is written, so shall it be. 

That's a good number. I suspect he gets more but yeah, that's where you start. 

And I'm with those that say you match whatever it is.  You can always trade him to Montreal in a couple of years if you can't afford it. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

As it is written, so shall it be. 

That's a good number. I suspect he gets more but yeah, that's where you start. 

And I'm with those that say you match whatever it is.  You can always trade him to Montreal in a couple of years if you can't afford it. 

Provorov = Fetisov

23 hours ago, CoachX said:

The report says they arent close and the kid wants to be patient. Your point is he and his agent are eager to get it done.

I cant get on board with your logic

I don't think they're eager to get it signed now.  What I meant was that they're eager to get his big career defining deal now, not just a bridge deal.   And by "now," I mean in this free agency period.  Not this week before July 1.  

I don't know what logic I had that begged any getting on board with, but I don't think anything your saying is mutually exclusive to what I'm saying.  

Greetings:

Maybe Trader Fletch decides to flip him for whatever reason.  Ivan is a great kid, but FletchMeister may not feel any kinship.  If team X offers a first and prospect/two, I listen.  

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Maybe Trader Fletch decides to flip him for whatever reason.  Ivan is a great kid, but FletchMeister may not feel any kinship.  If team X offers a first and prospect/two, I listen.  

Well it better be a #1 defenseman coming back...but that would be huge hole in the team.

They will have to do what the Canes are doing bite the bullet and pony up the money...keep the cornerstone.

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I dont...who is gonna eat those minutes. Trading Provs would set this team back years. Basically restart the rebuild from scratch...I for one dont have the stomach for that. Provs has shown us about 60% of what he is gonna be...and he is already clearly our most valuable d man and youngster. At certain points...prospects and picks can be counter productive...esp if you cant transition the puck out of your end.

I should have just read your post before i made mine and said "What Jammer said!!" it would have saved me some time.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 7:49 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Seravalli is an idiot. Other than McDavid, Eichel and Hanafin, who all signed new deals before their respective ELCs were up, none of the draftees from the 2015 draft are close to new contracts. Provorov is going to get signed. It's a matter of waiting out to see what Werenski and others are going to get. The Provorov camp know he's going to get paid. When have the Flyers ever cheapskated any of their players? Exactly. 

This!

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Fletcher won't deal Provorov. Not a chance of that ever happening. He knows that 21 year old defensemen that play upwards of 26 minutes a night with the toughest defensive assignments and more defensive zone starts off any defenseman in the league simply doesn't grow on trees. While Gostisbehere and Sanheim are the guys who will get the numbers, Provorov will get the results. He does the heavy lifting and sets the tone for the defense. He's going nowhere.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Fletcher won't deal Provorov. Not a chance of that ever happening. He knows that 21 year old defensemen that play upwards of 26 minutes a night with the toughest defensive assignments and more defensive zone starts off any defenseman in the league simply doesn't grow on trees. While Gostisbehere and Sanheim are the guys who will get the numbers, Provorov will get the results. He does the heavy lifting and sets the tone for the defense. He's going nowhere.

Not only will he not trade Provo, 👻 aint goon nowhere

I think a 5 year 6.5 mill-7mill deal is a nice bridge for both sides.

I think the Myers deal for the Canucks is a good cookie cutter type deal both side can agree on. 

Then next deal Provorov will be signing somewhere in the 9-10 mill per range i am sure.

It is going to cost the Flyers a whole lot more if they want him to sign a 8 year deal and expect him to give up some of his UFA years.

Whatever it takes work it out...this certainly don't need any distractions heading into the season.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this isn't just lip service from Ivan...

"I love everything here," he said in April. "Love the guys and love the organization and everything about Philadelphia. It's not going to be a problem."

They need this kid to get signed so he can focus on the upcoming  season.

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

Give it time. He will sign and be just fine

Someday he will GM in charge of player development

I'm not remotely concerned. He'll be signed, and they'll trade someone for nothing so they can also afford Konecny. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not remotely concerned. He'll be signed, and they'll trade someone for nothing so they can also afford Konecny. 

They don't have to trade anyone they have the money to sign both right now.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

They don't have to trade anyone they have the money to sign both right now.

They do provided Provorov doesn't go too high (which was the snarky premise of the statement - - Chuckles will go too high). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

They do provided Provorov doesn't go too high (which was the snarky premise of the statement - - Chuckles will go too high). 

It's entirely possible someone else will have to be moved to sign both. I'm not saying that's what should happen, but it is a possibility.

Provo could be asking for 7-8M. If it wasn't for his disappointing season last season, he would almost certainly get that much. 

TK is only 22 and fitting in perfectly on the top line. He is easily the best shooter we have on the team and probably the fastest on the ice. If he starts putting up 60+ per season, how much is that worth? 

I'm not worried either. Fletch has to sign them both, or he'll be run out of town. That said, it is possible someone might yet be moved to give him cap space to work with. If so, who could he move? Ghost remains a possibility I think, but Raffl and Hagg would do it as well. It'll open some holes though.

Or maybe Provo settles for 7M and TK for 6M. We don't know enough about Fletch yet to figure it out I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Depends unless the Bruins set the market they only have 7 mill to sign McAvoy and Carlo with.

So it's in their best interest to sign first.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Depends unless the Bruins set the market they only have 7 mill to sign McAvoy and Carlo with.

So it's in their best interest to sign first.

I think McAvoy will be a bridge deal. He didn't have a great year. I think he'll bet on himself and raise his price over a couple years on a bridge. Werenski is the bigger issue I think. Columbus can afford to spend whatever he wants, and I've no doubt they're going to lock him down before he starts padding his value with 60pt seasons from the back end.

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

I think McAvoy will be a bridge deal. He didn't have a great year. I think he'll bet on himself and raise his price over a couple years on a bridge. Werenski is the bigger issue I think. Columbus can afford to spend whatever he wants, and I've no doubt they're going to lock him down before he starts padding his value with 60pt seasons from the back end.

Yeah but would they give him more than than the 5.4 mill Seth Jones is making...who is better I think?

Shouldn't be much more.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah but would they give him more than than the 5.4 mill Seth Jones is making...who is better I think?

Shouldn't be much more.

Jones is definitely better, but I can see Werenski's agent getting him more than that. He's not gonna care that Jones is signed for less than he should be.