Seravalli: Flyers & Provorov not close

ruxpin

23 minutes ago, King Knut said:

TK on the PK could use his speed to shut down a lot of passing lanes and turn a bunch of pucks the other way.  

Yeah, I'd love to see them increase the speed on the PK.  He'd be a tremendous threat for SHG as well.  His defensive zone awareness ain't the greatest though.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, brelic said:

Honestly, I'd be fine with the Flyers standing firm and moving on the season without him if they can't reach an agreement. 

This is tough for the Flyers to do, unless you're willing to go the whole season without him. If he signs late, his cap hit this year goes up. They're already looking to be tight against the cap, so you'd be taking a real gamble. For example, if Nylander had signed before last season started, he'd have cost 7.5 million against each year's cap. Signing two months in, his cap hit was 10.2 million against last year, with out years going down to 6.9. Now, term and salary would certainly play a part, but you start limiting options for the Flyers the longer it went into the season.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 7:52 PM, jammer2 said:

I think the 10 mill number is sly posturing on the part of Provs agent. All part of the game. If you shoot for the stars with 10...the Flyers are kinda forced to start around 6. I see a longer 5-7 yr deal at about 7.2 and a shorter bridge deal about 7.9 mill. I believe he will be a decent bargain at 8 mill in just a few short years. The talent is glaringly obvious. He hurt his leverage with a poor season...but his agent AND Fletch both know a rebound is inevitable. It is this premise that will score Provs 7 mill+.

Off by a half mill on the longer deal...a fair deal IF he produces on offense like his rookie year +.

• Like 1