News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Howie58

A Bit Underwhelmed (and Concerned)

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

I really want Fletch to sign Provo and TK before strapping the team to more signings. Also, if the Rangers are in on him, I imagine it's a done deal already cause Rangers.

Totally with you.  I want him to take care of his own house first.  I'm not interested in a 28 year old Russian guy who reached his highest goal output last year, never crested 20PIMs in a season until last year and was a team-worst -15 last year.  Hope Fletcher is in it solely to drive up the price on the Rangers.  Rather see that 3RW go to a player hungry for it and in the organization.

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can Chuckles land this guy on a deal he is wanting to come over and hey look there he is a RW....

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Three teams that have been named to likely be in the mix heavily are the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers and Florida Panthers.

Would hate to see the Rangers land another good player.

Hidden Content

Some pretty solid size (6-2 234!!!) and skates good it seems...

I think Fletcher would be more interested if he was from Minnesotsk.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

6'2" 234! Yikes! 

Not really the prototypical 2019 NHL bod. More like Russian dad bod

Not sure about that he must be stacked with muscle and if you watch the video he doesn't look to have the pudgy Maroon like "dad bod" type of build....he may be on them good russian steroids vitamins.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I think Fletcher would be more interested if he was from Minnesotsk.

Or Scandinavian.... :D

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would hate to see the Rangers land another good player.

Is he a good player?  He's a 28 yo guy who posted his career best goal total last year.  He was fifth on his team with 31 points (team leader was Linus Omark with 49 points - who couldn't cut it in the NHL).  I'm not worried about missing out on this guy.  The Rangers can have him.  

Btw, anyone look at the Rags roster?  It's not that good.  Their centers are dreadful and they have no depth.  

Edited by vis
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, vis said:

Is he a good player? 

I can't say for sure there may be no money left anyways i think he is too old for an entry level contract.

He is good friends with Kovalchuk so who knows he more than likely goes to the highest bidder which would knock the Flyers out the running right there.

It is more less a pipe dream anyways. And he could be just the next Medvedev and back to Russia after he sucks.

9 minutes ago, vis said:

Is he a good player?  He's a 28 yo guy who posted his career best goal total last year.  He was fifth on his team with 31 points (team leader was Linus Omark with 49 points - who couldn't cut it in the NHL).  I'm not worried about missing out on this guy.  The Rangers can have him.  

Btw, anyone look at the Rags roster?  It's not that good.  Their centers are dreadful and they have no depth.  

Exactly. So, this is the state of affairs in hockey eh? This fat fukcer is the hot European prize this summer! Jesus wept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And he could be just the next Medvedev and back to Russia after he sucks.

Seems like this is the likely outcome.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Exactly. So, this is the state of affairs in hockey eh? This fat fukcer is the hot European prize this summer! Jesus wept.

I long for the days of Jiri Dopita.

• Haha 1

Well he did score four goals in a game once

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Yikes the Bill Barber and Marty Murray days...oh yeah and who can forget hall of famer Adam Oates....

....i need a drink and it's not even noon yet.

😥

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

....i need a drink and it's not even noon yet.

It's noon somewhere!

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

It's noon somewhere!

All the excuse i need....cocktail time yo!!!! And it's friday too....time to get my drink on...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

All the excuse i need....cocktail time yo!!!! And it's friday too....time to get my drink on...

I'm here to help. What cocktail shall it be?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm here to help. What cocktail shall it be?

My favorite easy one..bourbon on ice....got a new one i am trying and never had...Hudson yankee bourbon...

spirits-baby1.jpg

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Old fashioned!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vis said:

Bill's take on it take it for what it's worth...so between the teams listed before the other guys are signed of course Flyers the most space...so they could always move someone to get more space...not saying they should just that they could...

Hidden Content

1) Earlier this year, there were reports from Russia that the Flyers were among the NHL teams heavily scouting 28-year-old Salavat Yulaev Ufa left winger Anton Burdasov. During the regular season, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound veteran of 10 seasons in the KHL scored 19 goals and 31 points in 50 games. An injury limited him to two games in the Gagarin Cup playoffs. 

Now, 

Hidden Content

Burdasov is weighing offers from three NHL teams: the Florida Panthers, New York Rangers and the Flyers. 

Are the reports true? It's hard to say. With many NHL teams, including the Flyers (once restricted free agents Travis Konecny and Ivan Provorov are signed), having limited cap space remaining beneath the $81.5 million ceiling, there isn't a lot of room to bid on an older free agent aiming to come over from the KHL. 

Philly currently has $13.4 million of space available, which will be enough to eventually come to terms with their two remaining RFAs but may not leave much cushion beneath the ceiling. The Rangers, who still need to get arbitration-eligible Jacob Trouba signed to a multi-year deal to preempt UFA status next summer, have $7.09 in space. Factoring just an 18-man roster at present, the Panthers presently only have $4.7 million of room under the ceiling.

NHL teams are permitted to exceed the cap in the summer time by up to 10 percent but clubs are often reluctant to do so because it puts them in a position of weakness to make moves to become cap compliant by the opening night roster deadline.

Edited by OccamsRazor

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Rangers and Devils already got the prizes of the summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I scored 5. 

• Like 1

Fletch should give you a PTO. Are you from Minnesota?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Canada is pretty close. Especially the part that I'm from: basically fishing is mandatory here.

Posted (edited)

wrong thread....not sure how i did that...but i did.

Edited by OccamsRazor

14 hours ago, CoachX said:

No...but I've drank at Princes bar in Minneapolis and I like the Dandy Warhols.

And I fish.

• Like 1