Pat Maroon

CoachX

Theres a rumor on hockeybuzz (yeah, I know) that the Flyers are interested in PM. I was actually wondering about this when I was looking at the FA rw. To do it, I imagine they would have to make some cap room. I would be for it. It would definately make us tougher. But what woukd they have to do to make it work

Just now, CoachX said:

Theres a rumor on hockeybuzz (yeah, I know) that the Flyers are interested in PM. I was actually wondering about this when I was looking at the FA rw. To do it, I imagine they would have to make some cap room. I would be for it. It would definately make us tougher. But what woukd they have to do to make it work

They could do far worse than land Maroon.  He is big and good with the puck. That game winner vs Dallas was huge.  At crunch time.  The Flyers should be all over this.

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Depends entirely on what it takes to lock in Provy, TK and Laughts.  realistically all three should come in at or under the $14million cap room they currently have.  THe Market panned out cheaper than most expected yesterday, so the only real danger for these guys is Offer sheets from all the teams that have even more cap space than the Flyers.    I don't know that Maroon gets a huge payday or anything, so i'm thinking he can be signed for 2.5 million.  If you can move Braun you've got that, then some.  If it's Hagg, you have to move a little more.

More than likely, Maroon ends up with the Jets or Avalanche or maybe the Blue Jackets who are pretty well depleted right now.  

I have wanted a bit more bite and grit..and both Maroon and Ferland provide this and decent goal production in spades. Plus...JVR took over from Simmonds as the front of the net guy on the top pp...either one of the two would make for nice JVR insurance...not like he has been injury free either.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

I have wanted a bit more bite and grit..and both Maroon and Ferland provide this and decent goal production in spades. Plus...JVR took over from Simmonds as the front of the net guy on the top pp...either one of the two would make for nice JVR insurance...not like he has been injury free either.

Well the biggest problem with Maroon is he is a LW and i can remember him ever playing the RW spot.

That combined with how it all ended in Philly back in 2010 he might not want to do with this club again.

There has to be other options out there.

Pass. Been there, done that. He's played the right so it's an option. Just one I doubt happens. 3RW will be one of the kids. Probably Rubtsov

Edited by ruxpin

I'd take Ferland on a cheap one year deal...would not block kids and I like the guys game. He was good on the Flames top pp when inserted. Either way more physicality needed in the line up and not sure any youngster could supply that. This team needs to be tougher to play against and more guys needed to pound and punish opposing d men.

• Like 1

I could see AK doing some of the hitting and scoring, PM would block AK, who I believe if he isn't up here could get claimed. I would hate to loose one of your own, when you haven't given a truthful evaluation to know what you have. He should of played more games last season towards the end as well as Morin.

They could of benched Varone or Bailey and Hagg and played those two for at least seven to ten games, at the LEAST!

• Like 2

Man, that guy (NAK) gets alot of love. I just dont get it

I would much rather have an established player (Maroon), where I know what Im getting, then a prospect who might be good enough to crack the line up 

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Man, that guy (NAK) gets alot of love. I just dont get it

I would much rather have an established player (Maroon), where I know what Im getting, then a prospect who might be good enough to crack the line up 

It didn't end well for Maroon when he was here basically kicked off the team...and he is from St. Louis so i can see him stay put and resigning for  what he signed for last year 1.75 mll and the Flyers are tight on cap space because of you know who.

Based on what i have read, the Flyers can re-sign the 3 RFA and have about 2.7 left. Thats a jump from 1.75. 

I get the STL connection, but the fact that he is waiting tells me he wants a raise.  Otherwise, done deal.

I would even be willing to let Laughton go,  bring in PM, and let one of the kids play 4c

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

2.7 left.

Sure but you have to allow for bonuses that will be met by the kids they can't afford to have penalties for overages.

They have potential performance bonuses that could be met in the total of 2.95 mill.

POTENTIAL PERFORMANCE BONUSES q.svg

$2,995,000

Has to be kept in mind...plus you want to keep a little room in case of emergency.

22 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I would even be willing to let Laughton go,  bring in PM, and let one of the kids play 4c

That makes no sense...

...create another hole and give a kid a chance....and you already don't know anything it sounds like about NAK, but don't want to give him a chance??? And now give some other kid a chance???

giphy.gif

And who pray tell is this magical kid to come in and play center???

I'll read this later i have to head out...i can't wait to see...

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but you have to allow for bonuses that will be met by the kids they can't afford to have penalties for overages.

They have potential performance bonuses that could be met in the total of 2.95 mill.

$2,995,000

Has to be kept in mind...plus you want to keep a little room in case of emergency.

That makes no sense...

...create another hole and give a kid a chance....and you already don't know anything it sounds like about NAK, but don't want to give him a chance??? And now give some other kid a chance???

giphy.gif

Rubtsov. 

Wouldn't actually be shocked if it ends up being him at 3RW.

I want NAK to be given every chance in camp.  But this may be why we haven't seen one of our defensemen go out yet.  If it's not there among our kids, either trade one of the D for a 3RW or see what among the vet camp invitees elsewhere didn't make it and are available. 

I do nothing with Maroon, personally. I wait until I see what I have in camp. 

Here's my concern about the current structure of this team, and it's admittedly just pessimism creeping in:  Patrick.

So, what's the plan if Patrick proves he wasn't just playing too high in the lineup? What happens if he proves he's playing in too high a league? 

Because now we have Johnny Fill-in at 3RW and an ineffective 3C.  That's a fatal flaw. 

I know it's just as likely that Patrick does better in a more protected role, but that's my concern. 

One more thing:  can Patrick play right wing? 

Based on what i have read, the Flyers can re-sign the 3 RFA and have about 2.7 left. Thats a jump from 1.75. 

I get the STL connection, but the fact that he is waiting tells me he wants a raise.  Otherwise, done deal.

22 hours ago, CoachX said:

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

We heard you the first time. STFU already! 😀

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

$2,995,000

That makes no sense...

giphy.gif

Assuming Laughton was let go in some manner, l choose Frost or Rubstov to be 4c. Put him between Raffl and Potluck and let him get his feet wet

Seems to me both players have higher reported upside then NAK. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

We heard you the first time. STFU already! 😀

Dude, you invoked Grandma on me! Well played 

Not sure what happened with that repost. Maybe i thought i made a good point

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Assuming Laughton was let go in some manner, l choose Frost or Rubstov to be 4c. Put him between Raffl and Potluck and let him get his feet wet

Seems to me both players have higher reported upside then NAK. 

The other option would be to let one of your kids play 4c, move Laughton to the left, where he's arguably better, slide Raffl to the right and waive Pitlicker (or, he's 13)