Laughton Extended -- 2 yrs @ 2.3 million per season

pilldoc

Laughton's Deal?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Laughton's Deal.......

• Yay (thumbs up)
    • Nay (thumbs down)

6 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

-If Laughton plays 3C it's fine. If he plays a lot more 4th line, it's a bit pricey.

If Laughton plays 3C, we have a much larger problem. That spot needs to be Patrick or Hayes.

I could see him playing on the 3RW though. There's a gap there right now, and he's played that position before. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, elmatus said:

If Laughton plays 3C, we have a much larger problem. That spot needs to be Patrick or Hayes.

I could see him playing on the 3RW though. There's a gap there right now, and he's played that position before. 

-You would hope that Patrick can run and be a really good 3C and Laughton is on 4th line. If that's the case, Laughton's making a bit much, and it's a problem.

-If Hayes is 3C, then the team has a very big problem, because $7M/yr is simply too much for that position. In the cap world, there's not a lot of room to pay guys a tier above what they can produce.

6 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

If Laughton plays 3C it's fine. If he plays a lot more 4th line, it's a bit pricey.

Line numbers are less important these days. Players and roles are much more fluid.

Laughton had the 5th most minutes among forwards last year. He plays an important role on the PK (2nd most minutes among forwards behind Couturier), starts 63.7% of his shifts in the defensive zone, and went 54.2% of faceoffs. 

He's really carved out a role for himself.

• Like 1

@ruxpin @FD19372 @JR Ewing

5 guys big draw for me is fresh cut fries...if a burger joint has fresh cuts the actual burger can be crap and I'd still be okay with it.

As it is 5 guys burgers are fresh " all the way" offers a decent assortment of  condiments. 

My favorite burger joint closed down- Grills Gone Wild. Great name better food. a CIA trained chef with a gambling problem and his stoner buddy made THE Best, craziest burgers in town (Lancaster). They julienned the fries right in front of you: one potato for a small 2 for a large.  That place ruled. 

But for  a chain 5 guys is a okay. 

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

What a great move this would be. The guy was nothing more than an average 4 line player. So moving him to 3rw to play with a No 2 pick that we are wanting to take to the next level, would be just plain stupid 

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

What a great move this would be. The guy was nothing more than an average 4 line player. So moving him to 3rw to play with a No 2 pick that we are wanting to take to the next level, would be just plain stupid 

Sure, that's fair. At the same time, someone will need to play 3RW. It could also be Raffl, or maybe one of the kiddos from the farm will take the next step. I do think it's also possible Laughton will spend time there though. There really aren't a ton of options for that spot.

Unless of course Fletch goes out and gets someone else. That seems unlikely at this point though with only 13M left and two future studs to sign.

Edited by elmatus

Unless they sign a UFA to play 3rw, I want to see one of these youg players get the spot.

I dont want to see a guy fill the spot because there is no better option. If Laughton was 3rd line material, he would have been there already

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@ruxpin @FD19372 @JR Ewing

5 guys big draw for me is fresh cut fries...if a burger joint has fresh cuts the actual burger can be crap and I'd still be okay with it.

As it is 5 guys burgers are fresh " all the way" offers a decent assortment of  condiments. 

My favorite burger joint closed down- Grills Gone Wild. Great name better food. a CIA trained chef with a gambling problem and his stoner buddy made THE Best, craziest burgers in town (Lancaster). They julienned the fries right in front of you: one potato for a small 2 for a large.  That place ruled. 

But for  a chain 5 guys is a okay. 

It's arguably a local thing and I'll try it sometime elsewhere. 

But there's nothing fresh about their burgers to me. Just an oily, greasy mess. 

My favorite are fresh cut fries, too, but I can get them at places with better burgers, so... 

Edited by ruxpin

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Unless they sign a UFA to play 3rw, I want to see one of these youg players get the spot.

You will get to see one...your favorite players and I bet you can't guess his name with 3 guesses and the first two don't even count!!!

:beer:

Slight overpayment. Still think he has 40 pt upside...with the right minutes played and linemates. We shall see... but even at 20 pts he provides speed and makes the team tougher to play against.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You will get to see one...your favorite players and I bet you can't guess his name with 3 guesses and the first two don't even count!!!

:beer:

After all the love he gets on this forum, Id love to NAK

And now i need more than one beer to get that thought out of my head 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

After all the love he gets on this forum, Id love to NAK

And now i need more than one beer to get that thought out of my head 

I will reserve you a seat on his bandwagon...

On 7/12/2019 at 8:44 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm fine with the contact Laughton got. People were ok with the contact Raffl got and he brings less to the table than Laughton does. I like the Tasmanian Devil on skates. He plays his role well, you can play him on any line and doesn't look out of place, he's very coachable and he does everything that's asked of him. I'm glad he got the contact he got. 

Raffl did score 20 goals one year.