Hatin on the NAK

CoachX

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I'm hoping N. AK makes the team and wears jersey number 47 along with German making the team as well and Picnic becomes 13 forward.

Well they will both be given their chance i think. However i could see Ruby being sent back down to play some big minutes in the A.

But last year before he has his shoulder injury he was on fire the first 10 games he played for the Phantoms.

So if that guy shows up and balls pucks out he could carve out a spot....and best thing he is can be sent back down without fear of being claimed if he shows maybe he is not ready.

Ithink NAK has a better chance of sticking around than Gabriel for sure. Farabee and Frost will be gunning hard to for a spot.

May the best forward win.

I know lots of fans want to see Farabee and Frost make the team and as a paying fan it would make the team more exciting to watch, I still will hold to developing our prospects in a safer more constructive environment in the AHL and let the next Man Up in the jumpseat go.

If we could play Cousins, Weise, Lehtera, etc. we can certainly run with a better player in N.AK for several months of the season.

Edited by LegionOfDoom
Grammer

On 7/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, OccamsRazor said:

"I worked my ass off for three years, not to play six minutes a game. I liked my experience there, but that's not why I want to play in the NHL."

Maybe he will get his chance with the clown show gone now....now he has Chris Stewart (and if he can't beat him than he will be headed for waivers) along with the rest of the prospect to compete for one spot....may the best man win..

Did NAK really say that?  What a jack ass.  

Hextall made room for Provo, Konecny, Sanheim, Patrick, Lindblom, Hagg, Morin (who got hurt) and Corbin Friggin Knight. because they all showed that they might be ready.  

He made room for Vrobyev and he was clearly just not ready yet.

Earlier he made room for Laughton, who wasn't ready and he sent him back down to work on his game and brought him back into a prominent role when he was ready.

Fletcher came in and gave Hart(not that he had a choice), Friedman, Bailey and Varone spots.

Gordon was his coach on the Phantoms.  If he was so great, wouldn't Gordon have spoken up and asked for NAK?

Yes some folks here and NAK himself seem to think there's some conspiracy against his obviously superior play?  Did he really prove prove himself to be THAT much better than all of the above guys?  Or is it possible, he just didn't show them what they wanted to see yet?

Similar accusations were made regarding AHL All Stars Jordan Weal (who was supposedly not a Flyer for "political reasons" only) and Taylor Leier.  They also both got extensive chances to prove themselves with the Flyers and it worked out so well neither are around any more and have the privilege or dancing along the edge of someone else's waiver wire. 

But please, let's continue this fantasy that Hextall didn't push youth and that's the *real* reason NAK hasn't established himself as a Flyer yet. 

Hakstol not trusting youth and not putting them in positions to succeed (probably because he knew he couldn't coach them how to do well at the NHL level) is a criticism that would hold a ton more water, and ragging on Hextall for not seeing that and doing something about it sooner, totally legit gripes.  I myself would rag on Hextall for that especially since he was sending Hakstol all this talented youth, who would seem to whither on the damn vine as soon as they got to philly, but it doesn't make sense to complain about NAK not getting a chance.  TONS of kids got their chances.  If NAK didn't, it was likely for pretty good reasons.  

36 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Did NAK really say that?  What a jack ass. 

I do not see it that way.

37 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Did he really prove prove himself to be THAT much better than all of the above guys?

I can see where he would be upset to lead the AHL in back to back seasons in 5 on 5 goals because he didn't get power play minutes and still not get a cup of coffee yeah i can see where he would be upset. He did what was asked of him and helped on the PK.

Who exactly that falls on i guess it would be Hextall. But at the end of the day none of it matters right.

All that matters right now is there is an opportunity now...there is a spot to be won. So now all he has to do is go win it.

He does that and what happened in the past under a different GM means nothing anymore.

44 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If he was so great, wouldn't Gordon have spoken up and asked for NAK?

I can't say if he did or didn't. Ron just wasn't very big on giving the kids much time always seemed they had to earn it and be perfect and only the vets were allowed to f**k up and loaf. Kind of backwards i always thought.

Now we have seen Chuckles have a completely different mindset when it comes to rewarding the youth.

Will see if it pays off. I think it will in the long run. Too hard to judge a bunch of kids playing with a bunch of kids i've always thought there was always to much free lancing in the AHL sometimes by prospects trying to get noticed instead of playing within the system for the team goals. But hey it's just one man's opinion.

41 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Or is it possible, he just didn't show them what they wanted to see yet?

No way to know but when Hextall signed the deadwood like Weise well there just wasn't much of a chance it seemed because if Hexall didn't keep Weise around well that seemed like it would be admitting he f**ked up....and we know Ron didn't like to do that.

But no matter what i am of the thinking that none of it matters now. Wudder unda tha bridge....

..the chance is there now. There is no one else NAK can blame it on i think if he doesn't seize the opportunity now.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Guess we'll leave that for them to sort out.

C'mon man! You cant let me get away with that

Its Thursday. Its hot outside. Im bored, and there is no significant news regarding the Flyers. 

So I'm being antagonistic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can see where he would be upset to lead the AHL in back to back seasons in 5 on 5 goals because he didn't get power play minutes and still not get a cup of coffee yeah i can see where he would be upset. He did what was asked of him and helped on the PK.

Who exactly that falls on i guess it would be Hextall. But at the end of the day none of it matters right.

He does that and what happened in the past under a different GM means nothing anymore.

Except that Fletcher brought up several guys that weren't him after Hextall was dismissed, soo....

Frankly, I'm guessing it's his on-ice discipline and suspension problems if I were to take a guess. 

I can't say if he did or didn't. Ron just wasn't very big on giving the kids much time always seemed they had to earn it and be perfect and only the vets were allowed to f**k up and loaf. Kind of backwards i always thought.

Except TK, Provy, Lidnblom, Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, Vrobyev, Leier, Laughton...

Hextrall didn't give the ones that didn't stick more of a chance because Hakstol wasn't playing them and he preferred them get playing time even if it was in the AHL.  He (rightfully) didn't interfere with the playing choices of the coach that he (wrongfully) refused to fire.

Hextall did have the option to drop the vets that weren't cutting it, but not without waiving them and possibly losing them. Simultaneously, he was (wrongfully) trusting his coach who was telling him that he needed those crappy vets more than the youth.  This goes back to pointing to Hextall's actual big mistakes where all roads lead to Hakstol.  

But on most NHL teams, a GM is wont to waive his vets as it does not go over will with future free agents who can refuse to talk to you as a UFA or hodl your feet to the fire and get an extra million, 3 extra years and a NMC out of you in order to sign on your team.  But nah... that would never happen.  right? 

No way to know but when Hextall signed the deadwood like Weise well there just wasn't much of a chance it seemed because if Hexall didn't keep Weise around well that seemed like it would be admitting he f**ked up....and we know Ron didn't like to do that.

Seriously.  if Weise is the big mistake Hextall refused to admit, I think that's GM of the year.  Most GM's make a lot of stupid mistakes.  Hextall's was Hakstol and I don't think it had anything to do with not wanting to admit it.  I think it was personal and probably had to do with Hexy's kid.  

As far as Weise goes, from my POV, hextall signed a vet with decent numbers and history and he didn't play well.  But he likely didn't waive him because Hak told him he needed him and because Hak kept playing him more minutes a night than the kids.  

If your coach tells you he needs a guy, you have to decide if you want to keep the guy or if you don't trust your coach.  Again... Hextall's mistake was in trusting his coach.  I also kinda don't blame him so much because he still thought he had another year to put up.  

..the chance is there now. There is no one else NAK can blame it on i think if he doesn't seize the opportunity now.

With Hartman gone and no one new signed, there's definitely room. There are essentially 2 slots right?  

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Except that Fletcher brought up several guys that weren't him after Hextall was dismissed, soo....

Exactly because he needed to know if Varone and Bailey could help...and well we see who is here and got the contract and who aint.

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

There are essentially 2 slots right?  

Possibly unless they want to just roll with 12 forwards. I can't here in July with two key players unsigned and even guess what is left to be done or who goes where.

We'll know more as soon as they start playing preseason games.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Exactly because he needed to know if Varone and Bailey could help...and well we see who is here and got the contract and who aint.

Possibly unless they want to just roll with 12 forwards. I can't here in July with two key players unsigned and even guess what is left to be done or who goes where.

We'll know more as soon as they start playing preseason games.

Giroux Coots TK

JVR  Hayes  Jake

Lindblom  Patty _______

Raffl  Laughton  Pitlick 

Gabriel 

I feel like it's either NAK or Frost for that 3RW slot

Obviously, it's very possible NAK and Frost both out-play Gabriel, but it's less likely that even Fletcher will one of them keep them on the roster if they're not going to play every night.  Gabriel's essentially here to ride the pine on road trips and be warm body in practice. If actual playing time opens up due to injury, i'm assuming Fletcher will bring up whoever's next when possible and Vigneault will keep Gabriel as that 7th guy most nights.  

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAKSTOL WOULDN'T DO.  or if he did play them, he'd give them 5 mins and make Wiese and Lethera play 17/

Edited by King Knut

5 hours ago, King Knut said:

Gabriel's essentially here to ride the pine on road trips and be warm body in practice.

I think he is just here in case of emergency call up. And if he is lost on waivers big whoop.

He spent 32 games in the AHL last year for a reason. He will be a Phantom more than likely to start the season.

5 hours ago, King Knut said:

i'm assuming Fletcher will bring up whoever's next when possible and Vigneault will keep Gabriel as that 7th guy most nights

I'm thinking you meant 13th forward?

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm thinking you meant 13th forward?

Yep. My bad. I’ve got Dmen on the brain. 

Still unsure of when we’re going to see a Hagg trade.  Seems imminent, but I’m sure it’ll wait til provo’a Signed.

unless they try to move Braun through waivers.  Which is doubtful.   

37 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Still unsure of when we’re going to see a Hagg trade.

We might not they are starting off in Prague nothing wrong with taking 8 D men in case someone gets hurt or sick.

I can see them going 13 forwards 8 D men and 2 goalies.

Remember they can always just do a paper transaction like waiving Gabriel and still take him over seas.

And with the PTO they can take Chris Stewart over too and he won't count towards the 23. As a 14th forward for emergency purposes.

On a PTO he doesn't even count towards the cap until he signs and actual contract. Not saying this is the plan but it could be.

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

We might not they are starting off in Prague nothing wrong with taking 8 D men in case someone gets hurt or sick.

I can see them going 13 forwards 8 D men and 2 goalies.

Remember they can always just do a paper transaction like waiving Gabriel and still take him over seas.

And with the PTO they can take Chris Stewart over too and he won't count towards the 23. As a 14th forward for emergency purposes.

On a PTO he doesn't even count towards the cap until he signs and actual contract. Not saying this is the plan but it could be.

They could.  As long as Vigneault has a regular rotation that gets Hagg, Myers & Morin Into live action. 

I think that only benefits Morin though really.  Could happen though.  Wouldn’t be the end of the world.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, King Knut said:

They could.  As long as Vigneault has a regular rotation that gets Hagg, Myers & Morin Into live action. 

I think that only benefits Morin though really.  Could happen though.  Wouldn’t be the end of the world.  

I hope the kids play well there is a  chance they could and with Braun only signed for this year it's a possibility he could be moved at the deadline to a playoff contending team.

Now i am hoping the Flyers are a playoff team and they could also say screw it and keep Braun for their own playoff push and just let him walk next offseason.

They have plenty of picks and prospects so i would be welcome to just keeping him for their own depth and just let him walk for nothing i can live with it.

The point being with the depth they have and Friedman also waiting in the wings as a right hand shot too i am good with whatever happens.

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope the kids play well there is a  chance they could and with Braun only signed for this year it's a possibility he could be moved at the deadline to a playoff contending team.

Now i am hoping the Flyers are a playoff team and they could also say screw it and keep Braun for their own playoff push and just let him walk next offseason.

They have plenty of picks and prospects so i would be welcome to just keeping him for their own depth and just let him walk for nothing i can live with it.

The point being with the depth they have and Friedman also waiting in the wings as a right hand shot too i am good with whatever happens.

The depth is what's so appealing about this team right now.  The rangers made a few splashes, but This Flyers team is deep as hell and only getting better as their depth players are so damn young and promising.

The Devils pulled a Penguins and that's my only real new concern in the division. 

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The rangers made a few splashes

Sue but they don't have a 2nd line center...not to worried about them...plus Lundqvist is 700 years old...there are other teams i worry about in the East.

Caps, Bolts, Canes, Bruins and Panthers all concern me more than the Rags. 

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sue but they don't have a 2nd line center...not to worried about them...plus Lundqvist is 700 years old...there are other teams i worry about in the East.

Caps, Bolts, Canes, Bruins and Panthers all concern me more than the Rags. 

Rangers made moves that could make them dangerous in 2-3 years.

Bolts and Canes concern me.  Bruins should remain dangerous for a few more years.

Panthers only concern me because Q might be able to make something happen with them. 

I'm pretty convinced the Devils threw last year on purpose.  They're always annoying, but they're nowhere near as bad as their record and adding Hughes to Nico and Hall just seems indecent and corrupt.  

They don't have a ton of depth at fwd, but they'll have 2-3 strong lines.  The only questionable thing about them is that they're going to have to shift their entire approach to the game to suit the talent they now have.  

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

Rangers made moves that could make them dangerous in 2-3 years.

Oh yeah when Henrik is 41 Shattenkirk 34 and Staal 36....i'm trembling...we'll see they have some players with some good potential but that is all it is right now.

Their blueline also doesn't impress me in the least. As i said i am worried about other teams.

They haven't drafted any decent prospects to be able to replace Henrik...i guess they just plan on signing a free agent and plugging him in.

Georgiev just doesn't impress me much. Will they be able to get Kravtsov to come over???

I do like K'Andre Miller though he should have been a Flyer instead of taking Jay O'Brien...another questionable move by Hextall but i don't want to get into a Hextall talk again.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Oh yeah when Henrik is 41 Shattenkirk 34 and Staal 36....i'm trembling...we'll see they have some players with some good potential but that is all it is right now.

The Rags have one of the best goalies in the world not currently playing in the NHL - Igor Shestyorkin. His KHL record over the last 3 years is 80-19, with a save percentage of .935. He's 23 and NHL ready and finally signed a deal wit the Rags this summer so it's him or Georgiev as the backup/future starter.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Igor Shestyorkin. His KHL record over the last 3 years is 80-19, with a save percentage of .935.

That would be impressive if their was any talent left in the KHL but seems now it's full of scrubs who can't find a job over here.

And ask Caps stud Ilya Samsonov how easy it is to dominate in the KHL then struggle to stop the puck in north america in the AHL.

925% and 936% in the KHL translate to his 898%  (897% in the playoffs) in the AHL....but hey he looked good on the big ice...a lot do.

You have to do it over before i get impressed...just sayin...