Hatin on the NAK

CoachX

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That would be impressive if their was any talent left in the KHL but seems now it's full of scrubs who can't find a job over here.

And ask Caps stud Ilya Samsonov how easy it is to dominate in the KHL then struggle to stop the puck in north america in the AHL.

925% and 936% in the KHL translate to his 898%  (897% in the playoffs) in the AHL....but hey he looked good on the big ice...a lot do.

You have to do it over before i get impressed...just sayin...

Yeah, fair enough. I'm still going to go ahead and predict Shestyorkin is the Rag's starter by next year and is legit. 

34 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, fair enough. I'm still going to go ahead and predict Shestyorkin is the Rag's starter by next year and is legit. 

I'm going to go ahead and say they win the Cup too....i have to one up ya.... :hyper:

It does make sense for the betterment of Patrick's trajectory to have a vet on his wing, and since J Williams won't be on the Flyers unfortunately, I would propose that Raffl be bumped to 3RW to allow the 4th line of Rubtsov/Laughton/N.AK play.

I know that would be alot for Laughts to process, two rookies on one line, but Ruby seems to be very responsible two way player and N.AK seems to be a promising 5 on 5 player, that it would definitely be a developmental move to bring in these young players to show and take the next step in improving our team.

I'm still of the belief of having TK on Lindblom and Patrick's line, but then...

-------------------------------------------------------------

G/Coots/Jake

JVR/Hayes/(Laughts)Raffl

Lindblom/Patrick/TK

Rubtsov(Raffle)/Laughts(Rubtsov)/N.AK

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's an All Star 1st line.

Should be a solid Goal scoring 2nd line.

A Dynamic possibly Dominant 3rd line.

And a Responsible play driving Positive Goals For 4th line.

Laughton and Raffle can hang with the second line players as wingers, is that my ideal spot for them - no, but this way we can bring up two rookie players to advance their development and see what we have. This along with rotating in Morin and Haag on 3rd pair D, (mostly Morin) so they can get in some games this season.

Edited by LegionOfDoom

Sorry, i cant get on board with that. I hope it doesnt happen. They brought in Hayes to play with Jake and JVR, to improve the second line. Putting Raffl there is counterproductive. I would assume Potluck will be playing on the 4th line, at least to start. I still say plug whichever rookie is the most dynamic in the 3rw spot, or make a trade for offense

I can see the hesitation in doing that, but is Picnic that much better than two of our AHL players in N.AK and Rubtsov?

Both those guys should be playing better than Weise and Lehtera last year, but they needed time to develop more. We need to see what we have in at least one of those players, preferably N.AK because he's in a stage where he has to sink or swim. If Jake stays with Hayes line, I would still sit Picnic and put in N.AK as 4RW or even try 3RW, it just would be nice to bring up Rubtsov as well.

If we keep Picnic as 4RW, then we didn't even try.

Like the quote in 3 oclock' High, "You didn't even try!?!.""How does that make you feel?"

I'd rather be looking California then be feeling Minnesota.

But to trade for Potluck, a guy who has been in the league, and then not play him is in the same "we didnt try" mentality. 

They got Hartman for Simmonds, then Potluck for Hartman. Unless some rookie forces their hand, he will start on the 4th line

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

But to trade for Potluck, a guy who has been in the league, and then not play him is in the same "we didnt try" mentality. 

They got Hartman for Simmonds, then Potluck for Hartman. Unless some rookie forces their hand, he will start on the 4th line

He's just a depth/4th line body till maybe mid season I think.

I think Farabee will get the Giroux treatment like when he was 20....he played 33 games in the AHL and then it was NHL from there on out so by midseason it could all be juggled.

Giroux - Coots - TK

JVR - Hayes - Jake

Lindblom - Patty - NAK

Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick

too this by January...

Giroux - Coots - TK

JVR - Hayes - Jake

Farabee - Patty - Lindblom

Raffl - Laughton - NAK

Pitlick

It's my guesstimate....

We got Pik a dilly because Mary Hartman was going to want more money then ChevyChase wanted to Dole out, the NHL knows what Pik a Stix is as a player. We don't know what we have yet in the Youths'.

Now this is most likey a waste of text, because upperlip management will most likely follow your mentality and spurn out Minessota Metro for our viewing pleasure.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, CoachX said:

Well this will certainly help your boy NAK make the squad.... 

So did he just recently injure himself???

I hope so i hope he didn't just wait till now to get surgery.

I imagine he twisted the beer cap off to hard...

Well that's encouraging....

:bonkingheadonwall:

Edited by OccamsRazor

I wouldn't mind Chuckles going out and signing Devante Smith - Pelly to a PTO contract..

....nothing ventured nothing gained.

I always liked his game....he is available...let him grind it out with NAK, Stewart and the rest of the signees...may the best man win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaBkTt679oo

It would bring some more ring experience....