How to get rid of Bryz for good.

Guest Leach27

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leach27

You gotta like when journalists do their homework. He lists Winnipeg as one of the teams. Bryz wouldn't re-sign with Phoenix because he DIDN'T want to go to Winnipeg. (it was thought they would be relocated there) And he has a NMC. Let's face it, that contract is virtually untradeable.

As a side note, it's amazing to me how much time, energy, and effort is spent discussing and concocting scenarios to move Bryzgalov just a half season into his 9 year deal.

I'm sure he's regretting his decision already ;) Hey, he knew this was a goalie graveyard!

I'd tell him waive it or enjoy sitting your ass on the bench. The winnipeg one I agree with, but the others are possible.

Calgary is not moving Kiprusoff to pick up Bryzgalov. Kiprusoff is proven, steady a fan-favorite and signed at not much more than Bryz.

The Oilers are not looking for another long-term contract with an underachieving Russian in goal after Kohlrabbi's is up.

Tampa wouldn't give you a pile of fetid dingo's kidneys for Bryzgalov. Kubina? KUBINA!?

Phoenix? After being publicly spurned last year and with the comments which his former teammates have made? Really??

Why would the Islanders want to get out of one disappointing long-term high-priced goalie contract for another?

Bryzgalov isn't going anywhere this season. It's a pipe dream. Get off the pipe.

okay it this better. Were F**kED for the next 9 years, toss your jersey in a trash can, cancel center ice, drop the cyanide pill. There will be no trade, no remote possibility of a buyout, no options for us ever. Our only option is to keep bryz. Everyone in agreement now??????

okay it this better. Were F**kED for the next 9 years, toss your jersey in a trash can, cancel center ice, drop the cyanide pill. There will be no trade, no remote possibility of a buyout, no options for us ever. Our only option is to keep bryz. Everyone in agreement now??????

Not at all. There are a lot of options.

They can certainly buy him out and the results aren't apocalyptic aside from two years in the long term sense. Details can be gotten on capgeek.com and have been posted in several threads on this forum.

There is a chance that they will get a "one-time buyout" or other contract-changing features in the new CBA agreement to allow for a window out.

There is a chance - silly as it sounds - that Bryzgalov actually does find his way out of the humahngas woods and plays like a Vezina nominee.

There is a chance he could be "Filatoved" back to Russia, "loaned" to the KHL team in, for example, Minsk. I don't know all of the particulars.

There is regardless, in my opinion, a likelihood that he "goes back to Russia" before the end of the deal anyway either through a "loan" or "retirement". He gets $40M in the first six years of the contract. If he has success here, he would be a strong candidate for a KHL squad even in his late 30s. And if *he* leaves, there's no penalty for the Flyers cap.

The pipe dream that some other team picks him up - barring him posting a string of games that would make the Flyers (and maybe even some fans) want to keep him - is just that.

As for BleacherReport, the Winnipeg thing is rightly cited as a failing of this analysis. Moreover, the suggestion that the Islanders would send DiPietro here so the Flyers could "park him in the AHL" and pay him $4.5M though 2021 to backstop the Phantoms while three sentences later saying the Flyers could send them Leighton "as the Flyers cannot continue burying that much salary ($1.55M ending after this season) in the AHL" should speak for itself.

Leach, rad is just pointing out what the guy who wrote the article should have known as common sense. Honestly, over the years i've found some guys on these boards have a lot more going on then people getting paid to write this trash.

Moreover, the suggestion that the Islanders would send DiPietro here so the Flyers could "park him in the AHL" and pay him $4.5M though 2021 to backstop the Phantoms while three sentences later saying the Flyers could send them Leighton "as the Flyers cannot continue burying that much salary ($1.55M ending after this season) in the AHL" should speak for itself.

lol

Now HERE is a way we might actually be able to get rid of bryz...just bring ONE more rookie onto the team, just for a game or two, maybe have them room together...problem solved...

http://sports.yahoo....curko-2004-nhl-draft-pick-playing-again-190450818.html

Link won't work...

Ladislav Scurko, 2004 NHL draft pick, playing again after murder charges

By Sean Leahy

By Sean Leahy | Puck Daddy – 1 hour 58 minutes ago

SCURKO.jpg

SCURKOPlease recall back in April 2009 the draft-pick-charged-with-killing-referee-?urn=nhl-158910'>story of Ladislav Scurko, the Slovak player who was charged with murdering referee Marek Liptaj and burying his body in a forest.

After spending two and a half years in prison, Scurko was released last month with a new trial pending. While out of prison, he signed to play with his hometown club, HK Slovan Gelnica, a third division team in Slovakia. In six games, Scurko scored 11 times and finished with 12 points before moving on to HK Trebisov of the Slovak 1 Liga

Scurko originally confessed to the crime after claiming that Liptaj had moved into his home and later lied about having cancer. The 2004 sixth round draft pick of the Philadelphia Flyers, who also spent three years in the Western Hockey League with Seattle and Tri-City, tried to get Liptaj move out upon learning the cancer story was lie, but a dispute during a drive ended with Scurko allegedly stabbing him 19 times with a kitchen knife.

This past July, Scurko recanted his statement and claimed duplicity by local police forced him to confess and that he was intoxicated as his club at the time, HC Kosice, had just won the league championship.

Edited by flyercanuck

@Leach27

You gotta like when journalists do their homework. He lists Winnipeg as one of the teams. Bryz wouldn't re-sign with Phoenix because he DIDN'T want to go to Winnipeg. (it was thought they would be relocated there) And he has a NMC. Let's face it, that contract is virtually untradeable.

'journalists'? haha.. bleacher report and journalists don't go together.

Not at all. There are a lot of options.

They can certainly buy him out and the results aren't apocalyptic aside from two years in the long term sense. Details can be gotten on capgeek.com and have been posted in several threads on this forum.

There is a chance that they will get a "one-time buyout" or other contract-changing features in the new CBA agreement to allow for a window out.

There is a chance - silly as it sounds - that Bryzgalov actually does find his way out of the humahngas woods and plays like a Vezina nominee.

There is a chance he could be "Filatoved" back to Russia, "loaned" to the KHL team in, for example, Minsk. I don't know all of the particulars.

There is regardless, in my opinion, a likelihood that he "goes back to Russia" before the end of the deal anyway either through a "loan" or "retirement". He gets $40M in the first six years of the contract. If he has success here, he would be a strong candidate for a KHL squad even in his late 30s. And if *he* leaves, there's no penalty for the Flyers cap.

The pipe dream that some other team picks him up - barring him posting a string of games that would make the Flyers (and maybe even some fans) want to keep him - is just that.

As for BleacherReport, the Winnipeg thing is rightly cited as a failing of this analysis. Moreover, the suggestion that the Islanders would send DiPietro here so the Flyers could "park him in the AHL" and pay him $4.5M though 2021 to backstop the Phantoms while three sentences later saying the Flyers could send them Leighton "as the Flyers cannot continue burying that much salary ($1.55M ending after this season) in the AHL" should speak for itself.

Bryzgalov isn't going anywhere this season. It's a pipe dream. Get off the pipe.

We are screwed this season unless he misbehaves verbally as I said in another post

However, I am looking past this season and hoping he finds himself again or he will find himself somewhere else

Maybe he needs some mind & consciousness altering drugs to find himself

Turn on the lava light, put on the Doors and say hello to Timothy Leary

Might improve his game

B)

Phoenix? After being publicly spurned last year and with the comments which his former teammates have made? Really??

Not to mention the fact that Smith is right now one of the best goalies in the league and easily Phoenix's MVP this year.

This past July, Scurko recanted his statement and claimed duplicity by local police forced him to confess and that he was intoxicated as his club at the time, HC Kosice, had just won the league championship.

Who among us can say, with absolute honesty, that they haven't confessed to things they might have done while pissed? Oh, the things I would like to recant!

If we want to talk about "getting rid of Bryz for good," then I posited a number of reasonable possibilities that don't involve other teams deciding that they don't want their promising emerging goaltenders (Pavelec/Smith), trading away established ones (Kipper) or picking up the next eight years of a disappointing goalie's high-priced contract (Isles/Oilers/Bolts/Jackets).

None of what I would consider the realistic possibilities were posited in the BleacherReport article listed.

My apologies for not fully fleshing out the point in the first post.

I have an easier way to get rid of Bryz. Take a scene from the movie Die Hard with Samuel Jackson and put him naked with a sign "I Hate !@#$@#" on a corner in North Philly. Problem solved.

I still think we as fans are overreacting. The guy is a workhorse and granted has had more bad ones that I thought he would but there is no discounting what he is capable of. Plus signing him allowed the Flyers to build our nucleus for the future with Jake, Couts, Schenn, Simmonds, the ability to sign Jagr and get rid of Richards and Carter. So if anything we should be grateful for his signing as he allowed the team to change the whole makeover of the club.

Pretty much that is what will happen. Homer has seen to that. I will still watch the team because maybe they can improve the defense and that will help. Not to mention I am a fan and watch them even when they suck. With bryz they will be a good team, but they certainly won't win a championship. It's not like they will be fighting for the top pick each season.

There is little chance of a buyout period in the new cba. There is even a smaller chance that if there is, they will buy bryz out after just one season. More likely they would buy Pronger out. I don't know the details of loaning to KHL, but I would be interested to see if that can work. I have my doubts. He also has a NMC, so he isn't going to the AHL. I also don't see them doing a penalized buyout because that is just a truckload of cash to hand him, not to mention the wasted cap space. And yes I know that the first few years aren't bad cap-space wise. But wasted cap space will go on for a long time. And there are a few season of a really high hit that would really effect the roster.

So if anything we should be grateful for his signing as he allowed the team to change the whole makeover of the club.

They can just do that without him or sign him to a short term deal.

Plus signing him allowed the Flyers to build our nucleus for the future with Jake, Couts, Schenn, Simmonds, the ability to sign Jagr and get rid of Richards and Carter

What about Bob? Isn't he part of the young nucleus of this team? I rather they give Bob a chance for a few years to see if he's capable of leading this team but that's out of the window now unless they somehow get rid of Bryz.