HF.net 2019-2020 Fantasy Hockey League Sign-Up

pilldoc

Are you interested in participating in this years HF.net 2019-2020 FHL season?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in this years HF.net 2019-2020 FHL season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - if more GM's are needed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2019 at 03:59 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

As the calendar turns to the middle of August it is once again that time for many us to be thinking about one of our favorite past times in the hockey world …. Fantasy Hockey Leagues (FHL).

With the implementation of a new format and platform over the course of the past two (2) years, many of us experienced a very exciting Fantasy Hockey season last year.  In the All Star League alone we had over 30+ trades! 

The HF.net Fantasy League is now open for sign-ups.  Our “FREE” FHL is currently a two (2) Tier League.

• Tier 1 = All Star League. This League is by invite only by finishing top 6 in last years All Star League and finishing top 6 in last year’s Tier 2 Bantam League (Conn Smythe League).
  • Tier 2 = Bantam League.  The Bantam League will be comprise of at least one (1) team known as the Conn Smythe League.  If needed, a second Bantam League known as the Jack Adams League will be added.  Both of these Leagues are open to everyone.  No experience is required. 

I will be sending out both PM’s and e-mails to those who participated last year inquiring to your desire to participate this year or not.

I am also highly encouraging our new members from the Minnesota Wild Forum to participate.  We would love to have many of you join our League.  We have a wonderful FHL and you will be a great addition to our league.

We will be using the same format as last year with YAHOO as our FHL platform. 

It will again be a Head-to-Head: Categories type FHL. In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another fantasy team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.  This again will be a DAILY roster setting league.

The roster will remain the same as last year with one notable change. It was suggested that we drop a d-man slot and add a utility position.  Therefore this change will be effect for the upcoming season.

Roster Size will consist of a total of 20 players with the starting line-up of 16 players. That leaves 4 for the bench and  2 spots for players on IR when needed. The breakdown for the roster is as follows:  (RED = NEW CHANGE FOR THIS YEAR)

• Centers = 3 / Left Wing = 3 / Right Wing = 3 / D-men = 4 / Utility Player = 1
  • Goalie = 2 (max of 3 per roster)
  • Bench = 4 (forwards, defenseman or a goalie)
  • IR+ (if needed) = 3  (IR+ means if a player is day to day you can put them on IR)

The scoring categories have NOT changed and WILL REMAIN THE SAME as last year.

New this year we are adding that the President's Trophy Winner for all the Leagues (the GM who has the most points at the end of the regular season) will automatically be invited into the All Star League for the following year regardless how they fair in the playoffs.

In addition to adding one (1) additional IR+ spot we will allow one extra roster move for the week.  Increasing the number of moves per week from five (5) to six (6)

Complete guideline can be found here: https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/hf.net-fhl/=1/

A draft date and time has not been determined yet and will be announced as soon as possible.

I will be listing/sending out invites to the ALL STAR League as soon as YAHOO opens up the Fantasy Hockey Leagues on their platform.

Please send either @hf101 or myself an PM if you are interested in participating this year along with signing up in the poll above.

thank you!

~DOC

Edited by pilldoc

Good Afternoon Everyone,

YAHOO sports just opened up the Fantasy Hockey plat form for the upcoming year.  The following GM's listed below will be invited to the All Star League based on their top 6 finish in either the All Star League or Conn Smythe League. 

From All Star League:

1) @yave1964 (putting on the foil)

2) @Bakanekimiwa (Bakanekimiwa's Team)

3) Nasty Angryman (Nasty Angryman's Team)

4) @pilldoc (Divinie Swine IcePigs)

5) @ruxpin (Hell Bears)

6) @J0e Th0rnton (Halifax Sharknado)

7) @TropicalFruitGirl26 (Green Star Blades) * - Please note TFG is being invited due to the fact that there is an extra spot open.

From Conn Smythe League:

8.) @Hale (Mickey's Gang)

9) @hf101 (Slick Sticks)

10) Brent (Mom's Luv Letang Too!)

11) @The Mountain Man (Bambi on Ice)

12) @Jagged Ice (Jagged Ice)

Please let me know ASAP if you plan to participate or NOT participate in this year's All Star  League. 

Please note: Automatic Invites have already been sent to those who were in All Star last year and therefore your team has already been renewed.  No further action is required.  Just log in and make sure everything is still good. 

If you have any questions please do not hesitate in sending me a PM. 

Finally, I will be sending out further invites to the new invitees later today.

Thanks

@pilldoc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @pilldoc , for the auto renewal

I do intend to come back this season to play.
I haven't logged into the league yet, but that is on my to-do list in the next day or two.

Welcome back to all....returning players and new ones!
Looking forward to another fun FHL season 😀

• Like 1

Hey guys.  I am only going to play in the NAHANA keeper league this year.  I am so slammed with podcast and website stuff I don't feel like I would be as good of a league member as you deserve....Thanks guys and I hope I am better in the NAHANA league

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InsideEdge said:

Hey guys.  I am only going to play in the NAHANA keeper league this year.  I am so slammed with podcast and website stuff I don't feel like I would be as good of a league member as you deserve....Thanks guys and I hope I am better in the NAHANA league

Thanks for letting me know.... I totally understand.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, hf101 said:

FD said he would play in the Conn Smythe League.  And to the best of my knowledge Brent prefers to stay in the Conn Smythe league as he did last year.

@FD19372

Due to an open slot in ALL STAR I sent you an invite to ALL STAR

1 hour ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

OH nevermind.. see I'm good

The auto renew function is awesome! Especially for returning GM's :) 

1 hour ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

Draft on Sept. 29? 

Please see my newest post/thread ...... I picked a random date for the draft just so I could renew the league.  I have a poll out for either Wednesday Sept 25th or Monday Sept 30th. Which do you prefer? or are both dates good?

12 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Count me in again, had lots of fun last year and looking to exact some revenge.

We would love to have you back ... I'm working on it right now.  We need more GM's for the Conn Smythe League.

@Hale

Since you finished 1st overall last year in the Conn Smythe League, you have an automatic invite to the All Star League.  I sent you an invite via YAHOO.  Did you receive it?  Please let me know ASAP.  thanks

~doc