Parise Could be a Good Fit

Guest Pegulaville26

It looks like Zach Parise could be had from NJ, the Devils and Parise are not closing on a deal and Lou Lamoriello is seeing what options he has in the trade market. Sabres have had interest in Parise since the off season. Two Sabres players approached management in the off season trying to push for a trade and wouldn't surprise me if they are doing it again now. Team USA teammate Ryan Miller and close friend to Parise, Drew Stafford were the two players I believe to approach management, although never confirmed. NJ is looking for a goalie, forward, defenseman, and draft pick/prospect. Here is my proposal:

NJ Gets:

Derek Roy

Andrej Sekera

Jhonas Enroth

1st rd pick/Marcus Foligno

Buffalo Gets:

Zach Parise

Johan Hedberg

Salary dump player

Parise is a great player, but not one that parts me with top prospects Zack Kassian or Brayden McNabb, if thats the case I'll pass. Enroth is the key to this deal, although I am not in favor of giving him up, you need to give something to get something. Hedberg gets me a back up through the end of this season and then I look for one in free agency. NJ also wants to dump off salary badly to get relief, with the Sabres handing over about 8 million dollars in Sekera and Roy, they will need to take someone back to sweeten the deal for NJ. Maybe a Bryce Salvador or Kurtis Foster (only players I could see fitting this qualification). That is also why I give NJ a 2nd rd pick instead of a 1st. However if NJ really wants a 1st then I might have to swallow the pill. I only threw Foligno in because I can a see a prospect being part of a package Foligno or Drew Schiestel. If NJ takes a 1st no prospect.