Wild sign Eriksson-Ek to two year deal

IllaZilla

Yea, not terribly excited over this, but hey, as a "show me" type deal, not bad.
Plus, when Seattle comes a-calling, would EEK be eligible to be taken?

If he can up his value just enough where he shows even a bit of promise, and Minnesota thinks Seattle might want to take him, maybe they should.....so they don't end up with another Tuchtacular "black eye" as a franchise...

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, not terribly excited over this, but hey, as a "show me" type deal, not bad.
Plus, when Seattle comes a-calling, would EEK be eligible to be taken?

If he can up his value just enough where he shows even a bit of promise, and Minnesota thinks Seattle might want to take him, maybe they should.....so they don't end up with another Tuchtacular "black eye" as a franchise...

Ek would only be available if the Wild extended him through the 2021-22 season. As of right now, the Wild could not count him as one of their eligible forwards. Because Seattle could just sign him as a free agent when his contract expires at the end of the 2021 season.

One of the smarter things Fenton did was extend Stalock through the 2022 season. He would be available for the Seattle expansion draft...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Actually I was thinking more of if CL was getting himself involved...

Maybe Ok-ing the deal. I doubt he was involved in negotiations. Leipold seems like more of a fanboy to me than a guy who really digs into negotiations. 

But who knows with this clown show...

8 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Maybe Ok-ing the deal. I doubt he was involved in negotiations. Leipold seems like more of a fanboy to me than a guy who really digs into negotiations. 

But who knows with this clown show...

Probably just signed a blank check--he is a max cap owner, ya know...

• 1 year later...

Eek is proving worth the money and much more. 18 goals so far, projected 29 goals this season if the season had been 82 games. Goals scored while shutting down the opponents' best lines. On a Cup contender team that would be Selke trophy performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Eek is proving worth the money and much more. 18 goals so far, projected 29 goals this season if the season had been 82 games. Goals scored while shutting down the opponents' best lines. On a Cup contender team that would be Selke trophy performance.

Good point. He is proving and nicely improving. 

Ek was money with Greenway and Foligno. Fair deal, they would have been crazy to break up that line. Not many teams can throw out that kind of effective grit in their top 6. When Boldy and Rossi show up, for the first time ever, the depth is gonna be scary good. Happy for you long suffering Wild fans!!

• Like 1

That would be your guy, Chuck Fletcher.

However he did take him ahead of Brock Bowser and Travis Conneki. 

And I don't think any Wild fan doesn't cringe at the sight of Alex Tuch in a golden night uniform.