News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

IllaZilla

Wild sign Eriksson-Ek to two year deal

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Not that this is a big deal or anything, but...two-years, $2,975,000 million contract ($1,450,000 in 2019-20 and $1,525,000 in 2020-21)

• Thanks 1

I like JEE's play without the puck.   Hope the game slows down a bit for him when he has the puck on his stick.

I think this is a nice deal. Eek gets a good chance to prove his worth and the Wild doesn't make a huge commitment to a player who hasn't proven anything particular yet. A win-win for both!

• Like 2

Yea, not terribly excited over this, but hey, as a "show me" type deal, not bad.
Plus, when Seattle comes a-calling, would EEK be eligible to be taken?

If he can up his value just enough where he shows even a bit of promise, and Minnesota thinks Seattle might want to take him, maybe they should.....so they don't end up with another Tuchtacular "black eye" as a franchise...

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, not terribly excited over this, but hey, as a "show me" type deal, not bad.
Plus, when Seattle comes a-calling, would EEK be eligible to be taken?

If he can up his value just enough where he shows even a bit of promise, and Minnesota thinks Seattle might want to take him, maybe they should.....so they don't end up with another Tuchtacular "black eye" as a franchise...

Ek would only be available if the Wild extended him through the 2021-22 season. As of right now, the Wild could not count him as one of their eligible forwards. Because Seattle could just sign him as a free agent when his contract expires at the end of the 2021 season.

One of the smarter things Fenton did was extend Stalock through the 2022 season. He would be available for the Seattle expansion draft...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

A good move. All Kurvers?

Hard to say. Probably. The deal was announced just hours after Guerin was introduced as GM. Or Guerin has a red cape and there is a big red “S” on his chest...

20 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Actually I was thinking more of if CL was getting himself involved...

Maybe Ok-ing the deal. I doubt he was involved in negotiations. Leipold seems like more of a fanboy to me than a guy who really digs into negotiations. 

But who knows with this clown show...

8 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Maybe Ok-ing the deal. I doubt he was involved in negotiations. Leipold seems like more of a fanboy to me than a guy who really digs into negotiations. 

But who knows with this clown show...

Probably just signed a blank check--he is a max cap owner, ya know...