Philadelphia Flyers 2019-20 camp/pre season

OccamsRazor

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah on NHL 20 maybe but no way all 3 make the squad.

In fact I wouldn't be totally shocked if none of them made it and they all start in the AHL to begin the season.

But I would give the slight edge to Ruby to male it.

I have no doubt it won't happen. But it's what I would do. I'm tired of plugs who are there solely to fill a role. Fill your roles with your best players. Get ahead of the curve. Eliminate the "energy" 4th line that plays 7 minutes a night. Put guys with skill there and let them play the same game as the top lines. Don't worry if you don't get them away from top line competition all the time. Vary ice time based on which lines are doing well, while still trying to keep it relatively even depending on score. Special teams is where you can get your absolute best guys the extra minutes. 

• Good Post 2

55 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I have no doubt it won't happen. But it's what I would do. I'm tired of plugs who are there solely to fill a role. Fill your roles with your best players. Get ahead of the curve. Eliminate the "energy" 4th line that plays 7 minutes a night. Put guys with skill there and let them play the same game as the top lines. Don't worry if you don't get them away from top line competition all the time. Vary ice time based on which lines are doing well, while still trying to keep it relatively even depending on score. Special teams is where you can get your absolute best guys the extra minutes. 

I would be open to try for sure.

That would be the "best lineup".

49 minutes ago, brelic said:

Just read Meltzer's latest blog and he says Patrick is not in camp due to a UBI. Has not been cleared to be on the ice? 

Any one hear anything about his injury?

What are you kidding me this kid is already hurt.........again before camp even begins good lawd this guy.

• Uggh... 1
  • Annoyed 1

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Just read Meltzer's latest blog and he says Patrick is not in camp due to a UBI. Has not been cleared to be on the ice? 

Any one hear anything about his injury?

49 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Word is it's a surprise, because he's been out on the ice leading up to camp. 

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What are you kidding me this kid is already hurt.........again before camp even begins good lawd this guy.

Wtf is up with this?  ****** Patrick....

Is he stressed because his buttbuddy Konecny isn't signed?

Edited by vis

3 minutes ago, vis said:

Wtf is up with this?  ****** Patrick....

Yeah bro i know....i have to say i am losing my patience with this guy...

....do we still have the Neuvy bubble wrap suit in the building??

Edited by OccamsRazor
#iguessthereneedstobedramafromsomeone
  • Like 1

Honestly, the Patrick injury might be a good thing. It opens up that 3C spot for someone like Frost to get time to start the season. If he can make it impossible to send him down when Patrick is healthy, then maybe he forces one of the Raffls or Pitlicks down to LHV and AV balances the line times out like I suggested earlier.

“I’m very disappointed that TK is not here,” new coach Alain Vigneault added. “It’s the start of a new era, new group. Felt it was very important for everybody to be here. With my time in the NHL, my experience, anybody that falls behind, a lot of time whether it’s an injury or in TK’s situation not coming to camp, usually it takes them a little bit of time to get back at it, especially at this time with a new coaching staff and a new way of doing things. It’s unfortunate but I’m going to work with the players that are here and going to work extremely hard with those players.”

Reading between the lines....like it on not you start out in the doghouse.

No sense in him holding his tongue.

Edited by OccamsRazor

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nolan Patrick week to week. “Tough to say” if he’ll be ready for season. - Chuck Fletcher

This guy is made of glass it seems...SMFH...rumor has it he injured neck brushing hair....more news at 11.

Week to week?? Sheesh. 

Concussion? What else would be week to week that they wouldn’t disclose (like a shoulder or hernia or whatever)?

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Week to week?? Sheesh. 

Concussion? What else would be week to week that they wouldn’t disclose (like a shoulder or hernia or whatever)?

And Chuckles said he has know about it for awhile so damn how long ago was he injured that he still might not be ready for the start of the season???

I swear he is the Neuvy forward version.

It's going to be really interesting when his contract is up and needed to be renewed this next offseason.

No way that guy gets more than a 3 year bridge deal.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And Chuckles said he has know about it for awhile so damn how long ago was he injured that he still might not be ready for the start of the season???

I swear he is the Neuvy forward version.

It's going to be really interesting when his contract is up and needed to be renewed this next offseason.

No way that guy gets more than a 3 year bridge deal.

Did he really say that? That’s odd because he was on the ice this week, wasn’t he? 

Injuries becoming a concern with this guy. 

Edited by brelic