Teammates Embarrass Miller in his Return Home

Guest Pegulaville26

What a disgusting lack of respect for a teammate tonight by the Sabres. Ryan Miller preached before today's game how much this game meant to him back in his hometown of Detroit. His teammates respond by leaving him out to dry and let the Wings put up a 5 spot on him and getting him pulled. Miller stormed down the hallway after his brother Drew tried to give him words of encouragement. Miller did not return to the bench for the rest of the game and I don't blame him. If I was him I would of decked every one of my teammates after the game. Disgusting, what will it take to get change?

I really felt bad for Miller last night. Despite the media hype about Brother vs. Brother, they don't get a chance to see each other very often, and the one night they do spend on the ice together, you get that result. Lot of defensive breakdowns for the Sabres that game. Miller shouldn't have to face a lot of the shots that he did.

I think Miller is getting frustrated by his own sub par play and the lack of support from teammates. He is spending an awful lot of time looking over his shoulder at a guy that is currently outplaying him night in and night out. I think his brain might be still a little scrambled from the Lucic shot he took earlier this year too.

I think Miller is getting frustrated by his own sub par play and the lack of support from teammates. He is spending an awful lot of time looking over his shoulder at a guy that is currently outplaying him night in and night out. I think his brain might be still a little scrambled from the Lucic shot he took earlier this year too.

I think the Lucic hit sent the entire team into the spiral they are in now. They got exposed for the soft players they are, now players have to try to play out of their element (Ehrhoff getting hurt in a fight to defend Miller). Only a few guys have risen to the challenge; Vanek, Pominville, Myers, Gerbe, and Kaleta although Kaleta isn't allowed to hit anymore or he gets a penalty. Gaustad has disappeared again, Stafford plays like he is Gerbe sized, Roy is Roy, Weber is to slow to hit anyone, and Regher's hitting has gone down although he's been solid. If Miller is really letting Enroth get into his head then there's bigger problems here. Competition is supposed to motivate people not bring them down, another sign of team issues I guess.

I think the Lucic hit sent the entire team into the spiral they are in now. They got exposed for the soft players they are, now players have to try to play out of their element (Ehrhoff getting hurt in a fight to defend Miller). Only a few guys have risen to the challenge; Vanek, Pominville, Myers, Gerbe, and Kaleta although Kaleta isn't allowed to hit anymore or he gets a penalty. Gaustad has disappeared again, Stafford plays like he is Gerbe sized, Roy is Roy, Weber is to slow to hit anyone, and Regher's hitting has gone down although he's been solid. If Miller is really letting Enroth get into his head then there's bigger problems here. Competition is supposed to motivate people not bring them down, another sign of team issues I guess.

It really is amazing how the whole team turned on a dime after that hit and he abject failure to follow-up on it. Does the team really not like Miller?

With reference to your blog about Miller going, I think it's that or they need to send Stafford/Roy packing (which they probably should anyway) and make a decision on Gaustad, who really should be a better on-ice and locker room presence than he appears to be.

I dunno, Miller....seems like a nice guy and all.....but "overrated" is the first word that pops into my head when thinking about Ryan. Sure, the Sabres suck....they sucked before the spending spree, suck worse now and have been hit by a heavy bout of injuries.....*still*.....let's look at some bare stats....Miller is making 6.25 mill a year...his GGA is 3.17 right now, his save percentage....a startling .897....yes a 6 mill+ goalie with a save% under .900....WOW.

Ok, this season is an anomoly.....right??? Ryan's lifetime GGA 2.61 his SV% .913.....very pedestrian numbers, and most certainly not elite. Let's make a comparision....Martin Biron, (admittedly not a starter and different body of work....but..).....GGA 2.59 with a save percentage .911....almost identical numbers to Miller. Big differene here is Martin makes under a mill. Not saying Biron is outright better than Miller cause he's not, just saying the Sabres can get a better bang for their buck....Miller is not the star some make him out to be. Just a middle of the pack goalie who got on a hot streak....won the Vezina and parlayed that into a trip to the Olympics with team USA.@Pegulaville26

Edited by jammer2

just saying the Sabres can get a better bang for their buck....Miller is not the star some make him out to be. Just a middle of the pack goalie who got on a hot streak....won the Vezina and parlayed that into a trip to the Olympics with team USA.@Pegulaville26

The Sabres can probably get a bigger bang for the buck. The Miller deal dates to the period just after they lost Drury/Briere on the same day - and to when they had to overpay Vanek to have any credibility with the fan base. Without Miller, the team might be playing in Hamilton.

Miller's stats are hampered by playing for some bad Sabre squads, too.

I wouldn't spend $6M on him, but he's not chopped liver between the pipes.

I wouldn't spend $6M on him, but he's not chopped liver between the pipes.

Agreed. But speaking as a fantasy owner of Miller, he has been exactlylike chopped liver this year. Last night was a rare exception and it was warmly appreciated and duly celebrated with drinks all around.